Recent content by TurtleFactz

1. TurtleFactz

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.0

This looks amazing
  2. TurtleFactz

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

Fun turtle fact: turtles aren't silent. If you ask a turtle when is the next patch, it will say "not this week".
    Hey, I tell the turtle facts around here bud.
  3. TurtleFactz

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

should we wait for 1.6.6 this week?
    Pretty unlikely but nobody knowwwwws
  4. TurtleFactz

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.5

The game is very positively received in general, despite being early access still and the doom and gloom that goes on here. I don't think redemption is really applicable.
  5. TurtleFactz

SP - General Some Armors still lack proper meshes

I think these two things are separate issues, though the armour values of some things being higher than something else when there is visibly less protection than another given armour is something I've personally noticed too.
  6. TurtleFactz

What happened to the regular updates?

I think just pushing out whatever you can on a weekly schedule is kind of arbitrary yeah? Better to release things when they're done and/or are ready for testing.

Maybe initially they were catering to people who were complaining? idk, but people will complain on these forums and elsewhere no matter how big or frequent patches are so that's kind of a wasted effort.
  7. TurtleFactz

Artisans for sale as a workshop, costs over 1 million to buy

Yeah at that ratio of market cap to annualized profit I’d buy stock all day long

Making your money back off a business after a little under 3 years is fine in the real world, but in Calradia 3 years might be enough time for the Khuzaits to conquer the entire solar system.
  8. TurtleFactz

Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

The initial game was good and enjoyable, despite all the problems. Obviously it didn't live up to expectations that are set with such a long development time and such a close following of said development via the blog.

But the updates hence both in terms of content/fixes and pace have been top tier. Communication would be nice, but the actual work they're doing is very good.
  9. TurtleFactz

Here are two mods that fix 1.4.1 major issues

Devs are +-100 and worked on the game for the last 8 years.

Bannerlord MP/SP is far less fun than warband but you're probably right I don't give devs enough credits.

"It's an EA" incoming...

Nowhere in any of my posts have I said that game or devs don't deserve criticism.

But comparing modders to game developers and both what work they do and what is expected of them is just silly.
  10. TurtleFactz

The devs are bad so modders try to help the best they can.

Thanks them instead of saying it's useless at this time... They know their job is going to be broken at short term... But they do what they can for us to enjoy the broken game we were hyped for and we bought 50$.

I don't think you give the devs enough credit

Community fixes in particular is a collaborative, group effort with many people contributing and focusing on the one specific issue (namely, perks). Devs are tasked to work on all things as well as create new content, never mind the fact that modders would have 0 foundation without TW's work.
  11. TurtleFactz

Iirc diplomacy fixes has issues with a lot of other mods and can cause crashing. Community fixes is even more problematic I used it for awhile until the mod anther stop supporting it on nexus and occasionally updated on github. It caused many crashes in my games so I ditched it a long time ago. The problem with mods at this point is most mod authors don't or can't keep up with the frequency of TW's updates so you get mods that don't work. It's a crap shoot using mods especially on the beta branches.

Yeah both have compatibility issues with other mods but work fine with each other and 1.4.1, again make sure you are using the 1.4.1 version of each mod.
  12. TurtleFactz

Given that Duh_Taleworlds has confirmed that there won't be a major patch today and the earliest possible date is Wednesday because of the holiday in Turkey, I thought I would share these two mods to tide people over until next week. If you're already aware of these mods or use them feel free to...
  13. TurtleFactz

Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

It's ****ing 8 PM in Istanbul, Turkey. On Friday.

And between the weekend and next week's two day holiday, we're looking at a 4 day weekend.

So if the team doesn't bulk the **** up and post the patch today, we're looking at an update next Wednesday at the earliest. And the last patch was 8 days ago. I realize that under normal circumstances 8 days would be a short time between content patches, but these are hardly normal circumstances.
    A) This game is in Early Access. Which means development of the game is a constant, on-going process.
    B) Last patch wouldn't even classify as a content patch under normal circumstances. While it's a relatively large patch compared to the normal size for Bannerlord, it's very small compared to actual, finished-game content patches.
    C) We're all used to a weekly patch schedule. You shouldn't post on your Facebook page "hey guys, new patch is coming soon!" and then not release the patch the day of the post, or the day after the post, or the weekend after that post, or the following two-day holiday after the weekend. "Soon" should actually be a short time later, not Soon™ as in "sometime between 6-8 days from now; we're halfway there lol"
    D) The latest patch has broken content, and introduced new bugs. You probably want to address those errors and bugs before a 4 day weekend; and if you're going to fix bugs, why not bulk the **** up and release the rest of the content in a timely fashion?

I love Bannerlord and I don't want to be too hard on the developers, but they're in an active development phase. They know a 4 day weekend is coming up. They know they're on a weekly patch cycle. They know that people who pre-purchase games, especially when the game is in EA, expect open communication and fairly consistent updates.
    Look, if there was a problem or two that prevented the patch being released this week, and forced them to wait until next Wednesday or so, that's fine if they just tell us. But please, don't make a post about Incoming Patch Soon™ and then silently make people wait another 6 days (minimum) for Soon™ to be realized.

patcher.jpg
  14. TurtleFactz

Why the hell is the Tannery so overpowered?

I don't think they should be nerfed. It's all the other shops are underpowered. Building a wool weavery is not worth the effort, better to invest the capital in trade goods and manual trade, double your money in a matter of days, instead of waiting two years before you even see any profit.

If you nerf workshops any further they will be useless in the mid/early game and only get bought later when you are already over the hump, just as a bit of bonus income.

Yeah manual trade is super op and needs to be cut down to 1/5 or so of effectiveness
  15. TurtleFactz

Why the hell is the Tannery so overpowered?

Tanneries definitely seem to be bugged and need to be nerfed. Making denars is still too easy early/mid/late game.

Seem to almost always be the superior choice regardless of city production, which can't possibly be intended.
Back
Top Bottom