Recent content by Tulor

1. In Progress [1.5.9] Extreme FPS drops on campaign map

Okay MArdA. I went ahead and uploaded the file and some more system information. I'd like to report a bug with the upload page. If you put text in the description box and then click to another tab, or just click outside of the active text input frame, and then click back to the text description box it deletes everything you had written.
  2. In Progress [1.5.9] Extreme FPS drops on campaign map

Hmm, I noticed in my last screenshot that I had one of those super super old invisible tracks popping up. Is this issue related to millions of those tracks being stored?
  3. In Progress [1.5.9] Extreme FPS drops on campaign map

Summary: FPS on the campaign map has fallen dramatically on the campaign map. This is specific to a save file that was started during 1.5.8. FPS while on the campaign map falls to 25 REGARDLESS of video or performance settings. If you hover your mouse over a settlement or a warband (including...
  4. Level up: Mathematically is better to focus in one skill or more?

It's better to focus going deeper into a few skills in terms of overall level at the moment. Previously it was better to spread it around but now it's definitely better to stacks skill points AND stats into a few skills since the amount of skill experience you learn at the higher levels will allow you to get to a much higher level over time.

You can get a ton of levels out of maxing stewardship, leadership, and charm and you can use those levels to put enough points into a single weapon proficiency to then get some levels out of that. Once you get your pts invested into your core skill you will have some extra levels to spend on other skills that you would want but you are much better off focusing on a few skills at first.

This also makes companions that start with a skill high and MAXED (red) a poor investment. Choose companions that have room to grow into their specialty (blacksmith, scout, medicine, engineer) since they will end up with more flexibility in the long run.
  5. Lords in my army do not donate troops to garrison of the city/casttle conquered

it's really annoying but I guess they were more worried about the player abusing the system to steal troops from your allies.
  6. Hideout changes are bloody annoying.

it looks like they hot patched this today. Thanks taleworlds!!!
  7. There is no war for a long time(sorry for post this again)

I wonder if OP's problem came from using savedata that has gone through multiple version changes. In my 1.5 fresh playthrough there has never been a time when there hasn't been war somewhere. Usually every kingdom is involved in 1 war at a time and they just cycle through their enemies constantly. It's really really easy for me to declare war, take a town and then get an immediate peace treaty and since most kingdoms won't want to wage multiple wars you don't really have to worry about surprise declarations. I feel that if a king really doesn't like you it should be impossible to get a peace declaration out of them just to force the player out of their safety zone a bit. If I keep stealing Caladogg's towns one after another he should just get tired of my peace offers and wage all out war.
  8. Sieging down castles and towns takes too long.

I find the loss of life due to starvation and siege weapons is at a good enough place. If you take the time to siege the walls down you can take a city or castle with hardly any losses since all those archers are easy prey with all their hiding spots removed and you can just ignore the battering ram and the slow death march that some sieges associate with it. I do think that DURING a siege enemies should surrender more easily. It is insane that I am waiting for one militia archer to die to my 1000 troop army and he's in some crack that's gumming up the pathing when a lone militia dude should have just noped back to his house by then to make sure his wife and kids are chill.
  9. Hideout changes are bloody annoying.

the only problem is that you lose your sword and your shield equipped status. So if when the bandit boss pulls out his weapon or weapon/shield I just pull out my weapon and THEN I have to swap to my shield + weapon which involves a second animation. Forcing us to pull out weapons is fine but don't remove the shield as well
  10. Problems with running a kingdom in 1.5.1

In the previous patch it was the opposite and you would be at war with 4 kingdoms and your vassals would be clamoring for a fifth war. I prefer this setup. The big hint is that no one wants to be in two wars at once. So if you get a war declared on you and you want to keep focusing on the war you are currently fighting immediately go to the diplomacy tab and try and get peace from the new war declaration. If you don't there's a good chance one of your nobles will propose peace with the wrong kingdom so take the initiative. As a bonus all the AI lords will want the peace you proposed so you will get easy rep from it.
  11. For those who needs tip about leveling up the Leadership skill

Leveling Leadership is easy, I have more issues with leveling Stewardship. Any tips for that?
    They changed stewardship recently. Previously you just had to lead parties. Now you have to be leading parties with a variety of food! It is by far the easiest skill to level up in the game and a great source of easy levels. You do not need to set yourself to quartermaster because any unassigned job defaults to the party leader. Only set the steward to another companion if you wish to train them up in order to become a party leader later down the road although AI party leaders will gain steward like before, they do not need all the fancy food so it is still trivial to train companions in stewardship.
  12. For those who needs tip about leveling up the Leadership skill

Leadership and Tactics are broken. I could be behind enemy line, capturing lord after winning battle 3 time outnumbered while commanding the battles myself and losing 10 men to 1000 combined kills and I would only have gained 5 points in each. They only give you xp if your not fighing yourself

This is not true. Tactics goes up constantly while you lead your troops in a fight. You can check the xp after battles. I have not nailed down what is giving the xp but you will get it while commanding troops in a normal fight.

Leadership goes up for having troops with high moral (you need really really high moral, like 90+) and you get very little xp for this. It's possible to get the first perk this way though. For any real leaderships points you simply need to lead armies which means you need to be a vassal. It's very trivial to level up leadership by joining a kingdom and then summoning your own parties to your army for free and just marching around the map.
  13. Clan Parties Control Please

I mean, the amount of stuttering I get in huge battles in now 0 whereas a few months ago it would be very bad so I appreciate that work. They have definitely updated a lot of stuff from 1.3 - 1.5.1 that make the game much much much more fun in terms of war declarations/troop upgrades/replacement nobles but I really really really hope they work on the companion issues for 1.6
  14. Children.

Not sure about player kids but I do know that Noble children do get appropriate stats when they hit 18 now and they will begin running around leading parties if the clan they are in lacks enough nobles for their tier. It is working very well in my newly play through in 1.5.1 and the new AI decisions about war and peace make a MONUMENTAL difference in how the game plays out. I think they are getting there slowly but surely.

Hopefully they will be able to start working on the politicking and such soon. The game is running much better FPS then it did in 1.3 especially in large battles (the days of too many voice channels killing the game are long gone), campaigns flow much better then in 1.3 thanks to much smarter peace and war declarations, upgrading troops is much smoother and more fun then 1.3, lords die and are replaced correctly now unlike in 1.3, the reworked perks that they have finished are much better then they ones they replaced and combine governor/captain/personal/party leader effects nicely. Hopefully they add feasts and wedding and hopefully those events are better then in warband because honestly both of those were very bare bones in vanilla Warband. Weddings especially were lame imho.
  15. Clan Parties Control Please

I do not understand why this was introduced in the first place (for player owned parties).
    I will decide when I will put any troops in garrison.
    Or was this just a byproduct of introducing this behaviour for AI parties and they did not exlude player companion parties? Honestly, if this is the case it's not very good news...
    That's literally what happened. Or they meant to exclude player parties but instead excluded player towns!!! :sad:
Back
Top Bottom