Recent content by TrebuchKill

1. Resolved "Birth and Death Options" Module 1.8.1

Summary: Today Version 1.8.1 of early access was released. With it, every module besides "Birth and Death Options" are on version "1.8.1.1942". "Birth and Death Options" is on version 1.8.0.1942 and depends on 1.8.0 versions of the other modules. Trying to start the game results in a warning. Is...
  2. Resolved Game doesn't launch via Steam + web-site support via ticket ignores my ticket for a week.

Update.
    Checked them all.
    Nope, no check marks on "read only".
    Only the folders have it and it's unremovable - it's automatically sets to every folder on the HDD and sets again if removed (even tried to do it to my 600Gb folder of Steam Library), but files aren't affected. It doesn't impede other games from launching etc.
    Btw, I just noticed here you are just mentioning "read only". The post from MRay mentions "unblock". If you look at the image of the specific post, there are the "Attributes: [] Read-only [] Hidden" and below it "Security: *bla bla bla* [] Unblock". If you look up the post and image, see below the "advanced" button (bottom right corner).
    As far as I can tell, looking at your last report, considering "bannerlord.exe" (Error 1026), while the crash is unrelated, this crash only happens, because "Taleworlds.Dotnet.dll" could not be loaded or something inside of it couldn't be accessed (as far as I can tell).
    Could you please verify, " TaleWorlds.DotNet.dll" exists (same directory as the launcher or bannerlord.exe) and the properties menu of it (Right Click -> Properties) either completely lack the Security section, or if it is present, Unblock is checked? (If I remember correctly, the moment you unblock it, this section vanishes, but I'm not certain.)
    This assumes, you did just double click bannerlord.exe in the directory (or equivalent), and not tried running it through WinDbg or something else, as a unset working directory may invalidate this diagnosis.

Can you go over the .dlls and .exes in the "\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder and check their properties to see if they need to be "unblocked" or not?

There should be 174 files, I know it's a lot but I would really appreciate it. You can start from the launcher exe and dlls that have "launcher" in their names.

Edit: If I could read, I would have seen, this was already asked at a later point. Sorry. The rest is probably wrong, too. But I am still curious, why it behaves like "Taleworlds.Dotnet.dll" is missing or it can't load it. All the "I can't read" part is still there but crossed out.
  3. Resolved Game doesn't launch via Steam + web-site support via ticket ignores my ticket for a week.

Thanks. Btw, some hours after posting, I realized for windows/ntfs the spelling is not important, B or b should have been fine. I did not correct this, because I assumed worst case it would have been wasting less then a minute or so. Sorry for that.

Do you know or is Event Viewer giving you any information, why bannerlord.exe isn't running? As I understand, the launcher is loading bannerlord.exe as a dependency as startup. If bannerlord.exe fails to start, it might be, because it (or one of its dependencies) fails to load, which would affect the launcher starting up. (After doing some more testing, I am not 100% positive about this part. But the launcher definitely depends at some point on bannerlord.exe)

Or in other words: my working theory is: when bannerlord.exe will be able to run, then the launcher should be able to run. Assuming I am correct in Bannerlord.exe being the problem. On the other hand, it could be something, both the launcher and bannerlord.exe are depending on.

Btw, here's the log for the debugger when I tried to run the launcher through it.
    After playing with WinDbg myself: did you set the Working Directory (or Start Directory, as WinDbg calls it)? It's important, that the "Working Directory" is set to the directory, where the launcher is in. Otherwise, the will show an log, which may imply bannerlord.exe was not found.
    For me the launcher is working, but got almost the same output, when I did not set Working Directory/Start Directory. You can do it by using the "Launch executable (advanced)" option.

Just in case: If you or Taleworlds wishes me to stop, just say so. I didn't see anything in the rules banning other people helping here (or at least try) and for some reason, I think I may be helpful.
  4. Resolved Game doesn't launch via Steam + web-site support via ticket ignores my ticket for a week.

Sorry for inserting myself. While I doubt, I will be of any help, I'll need to give it a shot. Sorry, if it is a waste of time.

Launcher in Steam isn't launching at all. Not even an error message shows up.
    How exactly are you launching the launcher? Are you going into the steam client, using a steam created desktop shortcut or a self created desktop shortcut?
    Did you try launching "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe" directly from it's install directory? (Not the .Singleplayer/.Multiplayer variants)
    Are you able to run "Bannerlord.exe" directly (not .native.exe)? Is it present (same directory as the launcher: Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client), with this exact spelling (capital B, rest small)?
Back
Top Bottom