Recent content by Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

1. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Crashing on Mac

I'm playing on Steam, with 1257ad installed on my Mac through Winebottler. I had to delete the text files to make the font legible, but now I'm having a lot of trouble with crashes. Seems like it happens every 15 minutes, usually in battle scenes. Is there anything I can do short of buying...
  2. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

Mac/Steam/Patched

I cannot command my artillery. They do not respond to 9, but sometimes respond to 2. Most of my battles begin with at least one crew of artillerists running to form up with the musketeers, then running back to their cannon.

Austrian Jäger rifles are untextured (white) along with a few other items, including the 1796 sabres, hunting musquets, French cuirasses and all standards.
  3. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Troop Trees

To recruit flag-bearers:

Go to Military Depot-->Enter Depot-->Recruiter
  4. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

I haven't had much problem with cavalry charging my infantry. If it's a lot of/heavy cavalry, I order them into a compact formation and let them get one or two volleys off at close range then switch to melee. The square is good, but 3 rows still lets the maximum amount of shots off before the charge hits and spreads the formation enough that they won't be completely surrounded (which is not good for the AI). Your men will take a hit at the beginning, but once the cavalry is stopped/mobbed they'll go down easily. It can also help to order them to charge once the horses smash into them.

Timing your volley is important; you want them close enough for the most hits but far away enough that your men won't start reforming and breaking the shooting animation. Try not to order your men to stand much closer, because the bunching up will screw up their swings/stabs and make an easy target for artillery.

L'aigle threads have a penchant for going off topic.
  5. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

I'm playing on Mac through Steam right now, with patch. Had to delete both font.dds and font_data.xml to make text appear. Right now, a lot of textures are missing/white, though so far it only appears to affect some muskets and many environments. Whenever I get pulled into a big battle (my battle sizer is at 150), the game crashes. I could cap and post the next error report, if that would help.

EDIT: I totally forgot! The sounds are a little wonky too. I'm not getting any gunfire whatsoever, and the music won't play either.
  6. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

[NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED)

Looking forward to release, it's been a pleasure following this mod. Great job seeing this to fruition! I can only hope that I can make it work on iOS.
  7. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Just dropping in again to check progress, so excited for this mod. Great work guys.
  8. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

I've been out of the game for a while since my computer broke. Happy to see that this mod is still going, and showing great progress. Keep up the good work.
  9. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

I've been totally out of the Warband community for a while since my computer broke. Just got back into it, I'm happy to see that this mod is showing great progress!
  10. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Early on we got to talking about attack-and-defend style games, where teams fight to claim trenches/areas. It would allow for proper trench warfare with all the fun of regular TDM-type stuff.
  11. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Blood and Iron - A Franco-Prussian War mod. (Released)

I've been watching this mod for a while but the release slipped right by me! Downloading now, what an absolute bang-up job.
  12. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

New stuff looks great. Can't wait to sport it.
  13. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Lovin' that equipment. Keep up the good work!
  14. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Awesome work guys! Can't wait to wear it.
  15. Tomyslaw_Mstokowiec

Wow! I can't wait to play with the Nahkampfmesser.
Back
Top Bottom