Recent content by TommyBristol

1. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

Flavberg said:
    Has anyone managed to get this working with Persistent Kingdoms? I've attempted to insert a module_config.ini but the mod's shaders cause a problem, and removing the shaders make the module work, but some props fail to render in-game, such as bushes and rocks.

Short answer, yes but only just.

I tried it myself and ran it for a day or two on the current largest PK server. The conversion of my scripts, which you can use to see what is required can be accessed here. Based on my experience, however, I would advise you do not attempt it. It had many issues that seemed unrelated to my work and simply was not stable enough for us to continue using.
  2. Now no one do not pw. How about distributing maps?

The Persistent Kingdoms developers, of which I am one, have released the PK version for the majority of the maps you named under a license.

You can find out more here.
  3. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

We moved EU_Kingdoms to WSE2 yesterday and so far the server performance has been pretty poor. Our performance wasn't great prior to switching and we were rather hoping that switching to WSE2 might resolve our issues, however, if anything it has made performance worse. We have a lot of players complaining about all kinds of server lag issues, especially TPing - where you see a player float across the map.

The server appears to be spread across more cores as we're not seeing a single core being significantly used as we did previously. But, the server does not fully utilize the CPU despite it potentially needing more to handle the increased player count.
    2f4e50b2eb798d5008c0637bce771f06.png

Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could improve the performance?

Relevant bits of our config .txt file.
    Code:
    set_max_players 200 200
    set_port 7240
    set_upload_limit 580000
    set_add_to_game_servers_list 1

We're using the default server config file.
    Code:
    [DedicatedServer]
    bAutoRestartOnCrash=false
    bLogChat=true
    bLogConnects=false
    bLogDisconnects=false
    bLogKills=true
    bLogTeamChat=false
    bStoreConsolePlacement=false
    cLogSeparatorChar=,
    fMinTimeForSuccessfulAutoRestart=120.000000
    iMaxNumFailedAutoRestarts=5
    vConsoleWindowPosition=-1,-1
    vConsoleWindowSize=-1,-1
    [Log]
    bAutoFlushLog=false
    bBackupOnExit=false
    iMaxNumStoredLogs=50
    sLogPath=rgl_log.txt
    sStoredLogDirectory=logs
    [Network]
    bAutoSelectClientPort=true
    bHttpServerQueries=true
    bLoopbackServer=false
    bOGPServer=false
    bSecureMasterServerConnection=false
    fClientActivityTimeout=20.000000
    fPlayerInfoRequestActivityTimeout=3.000000
    fServerActivityTimeout=20.000000
    fServerInfoRequestActivityTimeout=3.000000
    iClientPort=0
    iMaxNumServerSearchConnections=16
    iOGPServerPort=7340
    iServerPort=7240
    iUdpReceiveBufferSize=262144
    iUdpSendBufferSize=262144
    sClientAddress=
    sServerAddress=
    bRCONServer=false
    iRCONServerPort=7340
    sRCONServerPassword=qwerty
  4. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

K700 said:
    you have not configured module_config_template.ini for your mod

I can run any mod for Warband with WSE2 without any adjustment?
    Unfortunately no. For a part of modules it is enough to set module specific settings in module_config_template.ini. But WSE2 uses its own rendering and shader brf format, so if mod uses its own shaders, then author of mod should edit and recompile fx and package resource_shaders to brf. Check WSESDK for more info.

for PK you probably can use module_config_template.ini from PW https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o9psdukysfyvfn/PW_4.5.rar?dl=0

Log settings are not a priority, but you can always order changes you need for money.

I have resolved the shaders, but could you give a little more info regarding module_config_template.ini? Is the idea to move all setting from the module.ini to that whilst changing the format as necessary? Or can I just load it in addition to the module.ini allowing config changes to override?

I added the PW one and it works, thanks(!), though if you have the time could you explain it's purpose in a little more detail just for better understands? Also, repeating what Bridge said the other day, if there a source code repo for WSE2 so we can take a look at various bits ourselves?
  5. Warband Script Enhancer 2 (v1.1.2.0)

PW / PK uses an old version of the module system that does not have the line of code refereed to in process_operations_patch.py. Can anyone shed some light as to whether this will cause issues / how I can resolve it, given that it is likely a lot of work to move PW / PK to the newer version of the module system?

https://github.com/SmartPhoenix/Persistent-Kingdoms/blob/master/process_operations.py

K.A. said:
    @cmp, ok, thanks.Why the server log is named server_log.txt_07.08.2019.txt instead of server_log_08_07_2019.txt ? Is it possible to configure it ? For example:sLogFormat=server_log_[d]_[m]_[Y].txt

Further to his, can we also have an options to leave the logs as they were prior to WSE2. For mods like PW / PK changing the logs, like you have done, is not ideal and would require us to do a lot of work to return them back to their original format in our scripts.

Lastly, and most importantly, when I launch the dedicated server is is EXTREMELY laggy. I cannot swing my fist/weapon and I get TPed back and forth. Any ideas?
  6. Move

Fergus MacLeod said:
    while I wait on a scripter.

AKA waiting until I stop getting bug after bug trying to finish of PK.js.
  7. MP Native Persistent Kingdoms - 1.2 Released!

Khan Khalid said:
    I have tried to add banking system by using this.
    https://github.com/SmartPhoenix/Persistent-Kingdoms

It is ok not to add other fancy scripts but the banking system (saving/loading gold, equipment) is a must. At least a few small scripts can be added to the mod since the mod is deficient without it. In this way the whole mod community is dependent on several people in order to have fun.

What I did is saving gold and equipments correctly to the database by url, but getting gold and equipments gives an error saying that "url not found".
    So my url is something like this and works fine when typing locally on the browser (showing my equipments):
    http://localhost/server.php?event=7&id=15&uid=-----&username=OsmanliDev

But I have figured out while loading equipment, the server is sending another url which is not what I have written (probably from module_strings):
    http://localhost/pwnameserver/checkplayer.php?password=-----&id=15&uid=----&name=OsmanliDev&admin

Do you know how I can solve this?

Firstly, this is probably the wrong topic to discuss this.

Secondly, don't add strings to the module_strings.py file. Using quick string by typing "@some string" in the code to avoid the chance you adjust indexes and break the module.

I can't really help you solve this issue without seeing your code. Feel free to message me on Discord for some assistance.
  8. LSP Scenes Persistent Kingdoms Scene Pack [v1.0]

Ettenrocal said:
    will be useful to many modders
    William The Bear said:
    - You are free to use the scenes on your Persistent Kingdoms servers (not other modules).
    - You are free to create derivative scenes and use them for your Persistent Kingdoms servers (not other modules). You may also distribute those creations for use in other Persistent Kingdom Servers. However, the terms presented here apply to any and all derivatives.
  9. Private Server Monetisation Policy

pegunCZ said:
    Gatts said:
    Callum_TaleWorlds said:
    We feel like we have given people plenty of time to become familiar with this policy and make changes to their service. So from now on, we will start to actively enforce the policy.

With that in mind, this server has now been blacklisted:

59th_Jailbreak
    • Violation of Monetisation Policy
    • Racism/Homophobia by Server Owners on Server & Homepage
    • Asset Theft

So why you are not banning EU_Phoenix PK server too? They be selling in game stuff and golds and I saw a lot of people selling in game gold for irl money.
    They only give donators reserved slots, they dont sell in game gold, that was before the monetisation policy post

To be clear, Phoenix never sold in game gold for irl money.
  10. [List] OSP/LSP Modifications

May I suggest that this list is actually made OSP through the use of Github (or similar). In my opinion it would be far better if people could easily contribute to the list without having to wait for a specific person to update the list. Most lists like this die pretty quickly when the person managing it loses interest.
  11. Spudgun Official - YouTube

How does the master of quality entertainment only have 753 subs?
  12. Edwards Mapping Project for Infinity NA (PK SUBMOD) *WIP* Grand Isle

Looks amazing! My only fear is the performance, but for RP servers / no hardcore servers it should be brilliant!

It's nice to see people actively making maps on our mod.

13. Private Server Monetisation Policy

In email TW said to someone, "we have seen that servers are selling our own game assets to players which is unacceptable. Also, we think that if we were to allow the sale of cosmetics then this would have a negative impact on the modding scene as a whole".

I do not understand their reasoning to the latter, but there you go.
  14. Money Bank Dupe Bug Fix [Free + Source]

domipoppe said:
    TommyBristol said:
    Thanks Illuminati for making this dupe public.

I'm not sure if this was present on Phoenix as I've never tried and never caught anyone doing it. However, we have developed a new banking UI into our PK module to allow the bug to be resolved without making it hard to deposit exact amount into banks.

As a side note, you have a typo in your error message displayed to the user. You may wish to fix it.

No problem.

It's just the main issue of Warband and it's single thread message URL system. It can be abused in many ways.
    Also, a big issue is that Warband itself doesn't check for if the client & server files are identic or not.

And, if you release PK as OSP as it is claimed it will be, you have one issue:

Scripters can locally modify the module (same for PW) and make such glitches easily work again.
    Like call server messages clientside etc. This stuff needs to be secured and whilst releasing at as OSP it is hard to secure cause everyone can read the full code.
    You see it by the NW troll bettygta etc.

Yeah I think we just have to accept that M&B mods are gonna be unsecure to an extent. I don't really think closed source solves much either considering it's very easy to decompile people's modules using some tools on Github. Plus, I found some issues with M&B itself[/size] during development of PK that allow players to bypass things that should really be set purely by the server. I won't go into detail as I obviously don't really want people to abuse it, but it is rather annoying. Hopefully this won't be the case in Bannerlord.
  15. Money Bank Dupe Bug Fix [Free + Source]

Thanks Illuminati for making this dupe public.

I'm not sure if this was present on Phoenix as I've never tried and never caught anyone doing it. However, we have developed a new banking UI into our PK module to allow the bug to be resolved without making it hard to deposit exact amount into banks.

As a side note, you have a typo in your error message displayed to the user. You may wish to fix it.
Back
Top Bottom