Recent content by TKnight

1. TKnight

Patch Notes v1.2.8

8.31 GB for few fixes?
  2. TKnight

How add more names to the pool?

Mods
    More Names
    This mod adds 3600 split names for all cultures, 300 male and female names for each culture.
  3. TKnight

SP - General [Advanced Mechanics] Smithing Rework

So I was wondering, is it possible to make Smithing fun , and not a grind cringe of what is it at the moment, then I did find this game I would strongly recommend TW to watch this video about how crafting could bring a whole new experience to the game, after all, we are playing a roleplaying...
  4. TKnight

If TW releases features such as: criminal empire & naval system as DLC's will you purchase them?

Il be honest , it is a bit sad how the basic game lacks deep systems and interesting gameplay.
    But i would buy any released DLC just to enchance my gameplay.
  5. TKnight

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Modding​

[For further explanation and additional information on the modding changes check the following thread: e1.8.0 Modding Adjustments]
    • We released API documentation for Bannerlord. You can find it here: apidoc.bannerlord.com
    • Modders can now define & add different races like Orcs, Elves,... through the skins.xml file. Custom skeleton support has been added for humanoid characters.
    • Fixed various issues with the implementation of a modded world map, removed the hardcoded assumption that the world map is named "Main_map", fixed the hardcoded map size,...
    • Enabled warning & assertion texts to help modders with common errors (the Modding Kit must be installed).
    • The Atmosphere Curve Editor is now available through the Atmosphere Inspector. It allows you to change the visuals of an atmosphere.
    • Added the Color Grade Manager script to the main map scene. It allows the dynamic color grade and atmosphere effects to be previewed within the editor. Color grade textures can be changed from worldmap_color_grades.xml file.
    • Added exposure compensation to materials for glow effects.
    • Changed the physics object colors of barriers that only players can pass through to green for clarity.
    • Implemented a new method of using generated banner textures in item materials. A new channel called "TableauMaskMap" has been added to explicitly mark where the banner texture will be applied. This leaves the alpha channel on the original texture to be used for the item's own requirements for tassel etc. "use_tableau_mask_as_separate_texture" flag needs to be enabled for this to take effect.
    • Language files are now referenced in language folders in the "language_data.xml" (they were previously automatically searched for and added).
    • Added XSD for game texts, they are now added via SubModule.xml.
    • Players can now override the TournamentModel.GetParticipantArmor to change the tournament participant armor.
    • Changed the SettlementComponent list to single SettlementComponent in Settlement.cs. Settlements can no longer have multiple SettlementComponents.
    • "NonSerializedObjectTypeRecords" were removed from MBObjectManager. There are now only ObjectTypeRecords and their appropriate functions.
    • Removed XML support from game menus and moved related content to code (EncounterGameMenuBehavior.cs).
    • Removed XML support from conversations and moved related content to code.
    • Modders can now use the OnCrimeRatingChanged event for various purposes. This event will trigger with the change amount and the faction it is related with.
    • Added IRandomOwner for easier random usages.
    • Added a dev config option to show localization IDs of texts (relevant for translators).
    • Enabled modders to go above the maximum tier cap for troop upgrades (above tier 6).
    • Modders can now modify the voices of agents (via voice_definitions.xml).
    • The skill leveling system is now fully moddable (Skill Leveling Manager).
    • Removed the campaign cookie system.
    • Refactored the Quest system to make every quest use only one dedicated menu instead of creating multiple menus per quest.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the navmesh grid generation on big scenes from working correctly.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when generating rivers.
    • Fixed a bug that caused different instances of a model to use the same factor color.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the addition of custom troops to villager parties. Villager parties can now use different troop types.
    • Fixed a bug that caused decals to discard season visibility settings.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when exiting editor scenes while retreating outside of the border.
    • Fixed a freeze issue on the campaign map that was caused by modded troops not having any upgrades.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when clicking on the Leave edit mode button.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the second editor window to freeze.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when placing decals on an empty editor scene.
    • Fixed a bug that caused civilian battle sets (for troop spawn) placed in editor scenes to be processed wrongly.
    • Improved the warning messages for incorrect battle set placement.
    • Added an experimental search functionality to the inventory screen. It can be enabled with "ui.set_inventory_search_enabled [1/0]" while the inventory screen is open. We think modders can use this functionality to test and find their items in-game more easily.
    • Extended the functionality of the UI debug mode. Added a new command ("ui.set_screen_debug_information_enabled [True/False]") to help modders find and examine GauntletLayers more easily. This new panel will show the currently loaded GauntletLayers, list included widgets, their visual properties and more in real time.
    • Added the Core.FaceGen.UpdateDeformKeys boolean. Previously, all the sliders in the body generation screen were cleared and added again after gender change. Since we don't use different deform keys between genders, we've moved this functionality to this boolean. If your mod uses different deform keys between genders, your mod should set this value to true. If not done, some deform keys might not show up as sliders in the body generation screen. Can be toggled with "facegen.toggle_update_deform_keys" command.
    • Added Scene.GetAllEntitiesWithScriptComponent method to gather all entities with the given script type.
    • Introduced a "CustomScale" value to font properties, used by Gauntlet. This value is used to scale the whole font. It’s used especially for fonts that generally have bigger characters compared to other fonts used in the game. Modders can use this value to make their fonts bigger or smaller across the whole font.
    • Added a new boolean to the Hero tooltip, isNear. It's used to hide tooltip entries of a hero tooltip that shouldn't be visible if the main hero is not near, like available quests by hero.
    • Improved the spritesheet generator performance, especially for generating numerous sheets at the same time.
    • Changed the banner editor layout to support more colors. Useful for mods expanding the available color set.
    • Changed how we determine singleplayer and multiplayer modules in the SubModule.xml.
    • <SingleplayerModule/> and <MultiplayerModule/> have been renamed to <ModuleCategory/>
    • The correct usage is now <ModuleCategory value="Singleplayer"/> or <ModuleCategory value="Multiplayer"/>
    • The default ModuleCategory is Singleplayer.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented mods from overwriting already existing custom widgets in Gauntlet, consistently.

This tbh is huge (finally proper skeletons) , can't wait for lotr/got/wh mods to use that.
  6. TKnight

Patch Notes e1.7.2

TW must be really struggling at the moment, at least no denial for this week yet and it´s already thursday. So I believe they think they can still do it in this week.

Oh boy I can´t wait to see what they will add and what stuff they will break. And how long it will take them this time to fix all the broken stuff so we can really play the new update, if it´s worth it at the end, but it has to after 3 months...
    1*ft9u4epdwUZ7gqvvvWxV1g.gif
  7. TKnight

SP - General Ukrainian localization

It is offensive of you to say that russian is sufficient for Ukrainians. It's the same if you've said: "Oh, you have your native language with 40 millions speakers? How about to play with the language, which was forced to your nation in colonial way? Many Ukrainians don't speak russian fluently or even understand.
    So should i be offended then aswell? , since i live in Moldova where we have over 50% russian speakers and 50% romanian speakers , ahould i be bragging about why romanian is not in the game? (I gave u an answer and my opinion , since you will not get one from the developers)
  8. TKnight

SP - General Ukrainian localization

I have seen previous thread, which was blocked. This thing interested me too, as I am from Ukraine. I just want to know, if it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? Yes, many Ukrainians understand russian, but I think a lot of our people would like to play the game with the Ukrainian localization, because the wide majority of Ukrainians consider Ukrainian as their native and most beloved language. Just want to see an official reply, if it is not possible, modders can do it by themselves.
    There is English and Russian (which is speaken a lot in Ukraine) , i think even the presence of Russian language is already a big win and should be enough , at least for ukrainian gamers that do not speak english.
    (in the end you can always check for mods for ukr translation)

But answering your question
    " it is possible Ukrainian language to be added? "

Ofc it is possible , since there are different languages in the game , so i guess you wanted to ask if Devs will consider adding that language to the game, which is already a different question , not trying to be a pessimist but i doubt that it will happen , since even now we get a patch each 2+ months with so little content that it seems that modders are working harder on their mods then devs on the game itself)
  9. TKnight

There is no rainy weather

On December 13, 2019, [b0.4.0], There is a map of rain in the Multiplayer.

But in Singleplayer. There is no weather - rain in the scene.

Rain is already in the Multiplayer map, it has been made, we hope to add rain in Singleplayer.
    Yeah there was few posts and we got an answer that our suggestion will be delivered to the table. (dunno if this happened though , since the post was created and answered like 5+ months ago)

As we are in 2022 , i really hope we will get some advanced things regarding this matter.

(And i really hope the devs will see the potential in adding systems like this , since the weather is a very important thing to echance the atmosphere and user experience in different moments in the game (aka siege under the rain/winter/sand storm with less vision and more impact on the ai movement speed and abiltiy to coordinate it's army in the battle and so on)

Here are few examples of the weather i wish we could have , as this are just made by few guys, i belive a proper game studio could achieve way better things

Rain/Thunder and Mud

Snow and Winter storms.

Sand and Wind.

Wind and Grass (spring, summer, fall)

All season second example

The idea of weather can go even further enchancing the battle by having its affect on landscape and troops and how the troops look in the battle (Example in the snow soldiers would have snow on the different parts of the armor and weapons , in the rain would be nice to see some rain effects on the same armor/weapon parts and so on , we could even have some effects on the ui to submerge even more in to the moment)
    (going futher more we could even have some perks asociated with that matter)

Further more i would also suggest to add a variation of each type of the weather on the minimap as a graphical effect aswell.
    Sadly , i don't belive we will get even a portion of things close to this :sad:
  10. TKnight

Bloc is still on fire - Age of Bannerlords

... It's just amazing what one guy can do.
    Meanwhile we get one patch per month (even 2 months now) with little to no content..
  11. TKnight

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Well s**t , the new hotfix broke Harmony mod , and now i can't play with mods =/
  12. TKnight

POLL: what do you want as first DLC for bannerlord? 2 votes

All your options besides Magic sucks.
    A way better options imo would be :
    • Expanded Calradia (similar to the mod on the Nexus but with way more features and maybe new lands?)
    • Expanded Diplomacy (at Crusader Kings level - maybe a bit less since it might be a bit to much)
    • Co-op Campaign
    • 14th century era that is mroe suitable for such a game with Castles/Clans/Knightly brotherhoods etc etc.
    • Magic DLC but with something more closer to Game of Thrones style that also don't loses its aspect on common medieval things.
    • Any Fantasy World that is already known to the world (Lotr/Got/Warhammer) (of course TW would have to buy rights to do that or to share a part of income , not sure if doable at all)
    • Full Invasion (based on the multiplayer from Warband but with way more things and replayability , with save/load things in the multiplayer maybe - just stats or maybe smth beyond like skins)
  13. TKnight

Skins - Should the current ones really cost ingame currency?

Shouldn't the skins currently available for ingame currency be free, especially if they can be found in Single Player?
    Its not like it required extra developer time away from their current vision (and they aren't exactly unique), they just ported them over from SP?
    Am I missing something?

My worry is, they will eventually allow people to purchase ingame currency with real money and then people will end up paying for those skins ported from SP...

Edit- ....and how long does it take to grind those skins?
    Worry do not, since MP is kinda dead at the moment , and even if Taleworlds will add $ skins , i guess we could also have a option to get them for free buy just playing. (Same monetization that tons of games have atm)
Back
Top Bottom