Recent content by Timbotron

1. 1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

The real issue is going to a boxing ring and practicing takes time, you get better but time passes days go by. Time doesn't pass in game with the practice fights. At least with tournaments you can only do one and then you have to travel to another town. But with practice fights you could technically become a fully leveled character before even a day in game goes by. I'm fine with getting experience from practice fights but there should be a limit e.g you should only be able to do 1 per town per day.
  2. Snowballing?

Making stable world is not hard. We just close defections, decrease sieges, make garrisons huge and give ai extra money to feed his garrison then its easy to make game stable. However it is not entertaining and it is not player-like ai playing. In every game you should see map is dynamic and take you in different direction. Of course one faction controlling all map is not something we also want to see. However we do not want to see stable world also. Currently AI is acting just like you same rules are applied everywhere. It makes no cheat. They pay their troops just like you they collect recruit from villages just like you, they suffer from raids, their economy get damaged after raids. There are lots of actions happening. There is starving effect on garrison sizes caused by raided villages also. All these mechanics make controlling snowball effect harder. It is also because we are currently at Early Access and development continues. Day by day game will be better and balanced.

You can see results in next patch I hope if it passes tests.

The way the AI has the same rules as the players is one of my favourite new features about bannerlord , its one of the most important foundations in my opinion for building a game that is challenging but also feels fair and Im glad this is in the game

Because the ai is like a player now it makes sense that an ai ruler likes to push his advantage and keep snowballing once he's winning so maybe there needs to be some kind of mechanic that makes the ruler of the attacking kingdom want to seek peace the longer a war goes on. i.e a "War exhaustion" type penalty to vassal relations or taxes the longer a war goes on.

1. Just an idea but perhaps having the ruler of the attacking kingdom (ie the kingdom that initiated/declared the war) take a daily influence loss while continuing a war could be a solution, the longer the war goes on and the more casualties incurred the more daily influence it costs the ruler to continue the war.

2. If the ruler runs out of influence there could be penalties like reduced tax income across the kingdom, reduced troop morale, recurring loss of relation with his vassals, decreased settlement prosperity and loyalty across the kingdom (im assuming loyalty will play into the rebellion feature that seems to be planned in the future) and other negative modifiers (these are just suggestion) as the time goes on where the ruler is at 0 or negative influence these penalties get worse.

3. These penalties and rules would only apply to the attacking kingdom (lets call them kingdom A), the defending kingdom (kingdom B) would not have any influence loss to continue the war nor would they have any of the other penalties mentioned above. However if the attackers/ kingdom A tried to offer peace and kingdom B refused kingdom B would become the attacker and the ruler of kingdom B would now have to pay daily influence to continue the war and have the possibility of suffering penalties for the attacking kingdom and kingdom A would be the defender and would no longer suffer from any influence loss due to the continuation of the war, their other penalties described above would slowly return to zero (giving kingdom B a chance to press their advantage for a bit) this way a kingdom would have reason to seek peace the longer a war goes on even if they have an advantage over another kingdom .

Just an initial idea that hopefully could help limit the snowball effect while feeling fair and providing interesting choices to be made. Might be too complicated, maybe it would be simpler just to get rid of the influence loss and give the attacker an increasing penalty to taxes or relations or whatever the longer the war went on. Anyways just throwing it out there.
  3. Add Character Body Weight Slider to Customization?

No worries man, also to aztec no you can't edit your character weight and build by pasting it back in from the notepad, although I think having high combat stats might increase your characters build value but this is just a guess
  4. Add Character Body Weight Slider to Customization?

Where do you find or paste your character key? Was trying to figure this most wanted feature from previous games but havent found it.

Press control c when you're in the character creation screen (which you can open from the campaing map by pressing v) then press control v when youre in notepad to see the key. ALso press control v in the char creation screen to paste a key in.
  5. Add Character Body Weight Slider to Customization?

My character start musculate and now he is very skinny. I guess you can't choose because that changes due to the environment
    Same here, if you paste your characters key from the face creator you can see his current weight and muscularity. My character went from 0.6 "build" (which is the muscularity stat) to 0.1, maybe because I have low combat stats ?
  6. Give away 30th march

Thank you Silberb
  7. Do we know the extent that children/spouses can have in running your faction?

In one of the gamescom videos it showed that you could appoint companions or members of your clan as governors of towns and then depending on their skills and personality traits I believe the town would get different bonuses. It would definitely be cool if there was some crusader kings esque stuff that played off of this.
  8. 'About infantry vs Cav.' - toughts about recent dev input - UPDATED with poll

For anyone interested here's a scene from the movie depicting an unsuccessful cavalry charge by the french. Hopefully it can help to envision what a mass cavalry charge would have been like.

Back
Top Bottom