Recent content by Tiberius Decimus Maximus

1. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

What is the next big update we will get?

And no one said it had to be "cheaty". But again, many WANT it to be. Just like people want unlimited companions, governors, parties and workshops, completely eliminating span of control progression, and giving themselves a massive unmitigated advantage over every NPC clan, ignoring all the ways they already have those advantage. At a minimum, 50% of the asks from posters are really just pushing a power fantasy with game systems that that further favor the player, which is not the game I'm looking for, so of course I wouldn't want more of that hardcoded into the game.

I envision plenty of great messenger systems. Having full conversations without a delay on the back and forth isn't one of them. Of course I'd want warnings to war, with an option to hand over a border fort or adjust whatever the tribute amount is in their favor. There's plenty of good ideas. But I also see the game in a decent "neutral" spot for players to adjust things to their liking in the very least. Just some of your reactions acting like everyone has to want the "exact" change you want is actually more proof to leave certain things alone.
    I think the game is too easy on the hardest difficulties. I like more challenge/struggle, so I use the Cultured Start mod to let me start out with absolutely nothing. No horse, gold, etc. RBM makes shields and armor much tougher.

Diplomacy mod's messenger system is immersive imo. It isn't instantaneous.
  2. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

What is the next big update we will get?

It could be realistically implemented. But 90% of the posts are overly gamey, immersion breaking asks.

I'm not missing any points what so ever. You are ignoring way to much of what is being discussed. More players are asking for more magical phone calls, not less. So if that's the want, I'd rather look for a mod that puts non-magical and technological communications in game and those that want more point and click magic menus get them with some other mod.
    The Diplomacy mod has a messenger system that costs 100 gold to use, and takes up to three in-game days to work. I don't consider it a magical pigeon, or cell phone.
  3. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Patch Notes v1.0.2

I'm not sure, but Realistic battle mod seems to be the only one who really crashes the game, I load the last save and running in the map, entering cities, trading etc I didn't saw any issue, maybe people should wait a little before rollback. And I have a lots of mods, all the dependencies, Expanded map, thee Spawns mods, nothing seems to be affected beside Realistic Battle Mod, and they are working on the update.
    Yep. Even when rolling back to 1.0.1, it crashes at the start of any battle. It's telling me that Harmony and RMB are the issues.

This save is done, I'm afraid.
  4. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Should recruits have shields?

Recruits are fine as they are. They upgrade fairly quickly, and I agree with those who mention the sense of progression you get from watching your soldiers go from nothing to power incarnate.
  5. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

So... this is full release?

It had less CTDs than at launch and that I had in the original M&B though honestly now that I think about it... mostly played heavily modded in M&B1 which had almost all the same issues, just worse textures and facial animations.

The main improvement that I can tell is that at least Bannerlord has enough behind the scenes stuff left unfinished that some of the mods are doing some cool stuff only a couple years after EA that took M&B1 more than twice as long to do half as much with mods despite some cool stuff eventually the modders for M&B1 had to virtually write new code rather than fix and implement code which seems to be the case for much of the M&B2 unfinished features.

I guess the 40-50 hours in Bannerlord is almost worth the price for basically an EA product. I still haven't spent that much time in Cyberpunk though I probably will over this coming holidays.
    One of the great things TW did was use the module system within the engine. Warband didn't have it, so you typically could only play 1 big mod at a time.

As bland as the base game is... in theory, it can get better.
  6. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

This game sucks

I cannot play this game even with mods anymore. Influence, new perk system, lords without a soul, diplomacy etc. is just ruining my experience. I really want to see a huge gameplay overhaul mod or several for this game
    Aye. The True Noble Opinion mod is a must, as it makes it so that each person has their own individual opinion.
    I wanted to use Diplomacy mod too. But unfortunately it caused a conflict with some other mod (forgot which) or maybe it was grayed in the loader. And that's why quality of life features need be in the vanilla game, can't leave everything to mods, or it will equal as a buggy game, at least for many years.
    Diplomacy is one of the features I would most want in a game like this, and it is hard to believe how poor (non-existing) it is in vanilla.
    Make sure you have all of the dependencies needed, like Harmony, Butterlib, etc.
  7. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Beta Patch Notes v1.0.2

Have a bug report you could link?
    Sure.

8. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Need More Info Bugged Facial Hair

Summary: There are multiple facial hair objects that do not appear. How to Reproduce: Create a character Have you used cheats and if so which: No Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): This is without any facial hair: These are the bugged facial hairs: Computer Specs: OS...
  9. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Are the cRPG devs lying or TW really this bad?

That's not true, i've seen a guy with tw badge on the server. He quickly hide it, but the statement is false.
    Interesting. I wonder if they're experiencing the same issues as everyone else.
  10. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Beta Patch Notes v1.0.2

This should be fixed on the current live version. Are you still experiencing it?

Fixed internally, should be in an upcoming patch.
    Any news on the bugged facial hair that is still in the game?
  11. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

Are the cRPG devs lying or TW really this bad?

"We are unaware of server crashes, as those were fixed a while ago. If you see any issue, feel free to report it on the forum."
    I don't think TW has any Q&A testers inhouse. We were the beta testers. Infact, I don't think any TW employee actually plays the game at all.
  12. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

How much work it takes?

They did say straight-up they didn't want a messenger system in the game:
    The Diplomacy mod has a functioning messenger system. You pay 100 gold to use it. I consider it immersive because I just pretend that one of my soldiers is the messenger.
  13. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

This game sucks

I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. Bannerlord won't 'do a NMS'; because it many respects it doesn't 'need' to. it's already very successful.

How we feel about that is up to us.
    No Man's Sky was, and continues to be a financial success. HG made around $80 million back in 2016, and have sold millions of units for different platforms to this day. The issue wasn't financial, it was that the game was half baked at the time of release. Much like Bannerlord, which needs to be fixed internally before I'd call it a critical success. I'm sure it's made them enough money to make another half baked game, this time in space.

Atleast Hello Games acknowledged their mistakes.
  14. Tiberius Decimus Maximus

This game sucks

I don't think NMS created that either, but I think it was the first high profile example of a massive failure of a game being given more positive press by just...delivering what they initially said they would. It proved that patching long after release can wipe away bad press, or even create more positive press than would have been possible normally.
    People like a good comeback story. Unfortunately, I think it has helped to facilitate this whole "we'll get to it eventually" culture in gaming, a long with the early access feature. It's good for indie projects, but begets laziness as a whole.
Back
Top Bottom