Recent content by thrakkemarn

1. [Sub-Mod] FTIO v1.6 (UPDATED: 05/06/13) - Final

I would definitely appreciate that, as I said the only peeve I have is the npc overhaul being included.

To clarify, what I meant is that, aside from the fact that level 30 well geared companions break the balance of the early game, we also don't get to choose their skills etc.
  2. Nissa Companion Quests

Well, after reading this thread I was a bit worried about trying the quest, but it worked perfectly for me first try, so it's not completely borked! And having coded mods myself I am really impressed with it! (Notwithstanding the minor annoyance of Nissa nagging me that time was running out over and over ad nauseum =P)
  3. Mercenary Companies

This is the fastest implementation of a suggestion ever!  :razz:

On a related note, how will mercenaries work in the treeless troop system? Didn't see them mentioned in the blog post.
  4. General Questions

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually glad the quartermaster uses the party trade skill.

I was going to write why I think you should keep it this way, but it depends what your plans for companions are.

The problem with making it so that the QM uses their individual trading skill is that, in order for them to be most effective they have to level both int for inventory management and cha for trading.

The way it works now, the ideal build is to have one of your int companions get some inventory management (or actually use katrin for something!) to be the QM. Then have a different companion level some CHA for trading and prisoner management to be your jailer.

I like that this adds some more versatility to companion builds without making it too finicky. You don't really lose out on much from having one non-lord/vassal companion focus cha, and you free up prisoner management from your character, and gain a ton of convenience.

Hope this is intelligible, forum posting from phone is not ideal. =)

Rather belatedly noticed the ticket system, will snip this and post it there as a suggestion, minor as it is it doesn't belong in this thread.
  5. General Questions

So far this is awesome, VERY excited for troopless trees ... I mean treeless troops >.<

I have a few questions though, pardon if they are answered elsewhere I searched with no luck:

1) For your quartermaster, does it use their individual Trading skill or your party's highest?
    1a) If it uses theirs, does Inventory Management become useful (as in, do they need to be actually carrying the loot)?
    1b) Similary, does your Storekeeper buy food using their Trading or the party's?

2) What does the Quest Difficulty actually change? I see what the other difficulty setting does but nothing about Quest Difficulty.

Anyways, kudos on a great "alpha" for what I'm sure will turn into one of my favorite mods!
  6. [Sub-Mod] FTIO v1.6 (UPDATED: 05/06/13) - Final

This latest version is GREAT ... with the major exception that I really dislike the NPC overhauls ... basically you have to give up customizing your companions to customize your troops? Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me.

edit: To elaborate further, this also makes the beginning of the game broken for those of us who enjoy to grind up from scratch. With just one of the free companions you can hire and their starting gear, you've effectively neutered the entire early game.
  7. Teutonic troops & questions

Oh, it actually IS. I was asking about both the in-game troop trre AND the historical composition of Teutonic armies.
  8. 1257 AD noobish lvl

blackitalian said:
    lvl 57

having restarted numerous games (in many mods) when you simply wanted to only change your name... and just now realizing you could have changed your name in character screen  :oops:

lvl 58 - Restarting your character when you wanted to change your face and then realizing you could have changed your face in the character screen  :razz:
  9. Questions to make me make pale again.

Cool, thanks for the tips.

JohnT said:
    EDIT - One more thing I guess makes it mandatory to 'cheat' (or modify the mod behaviour) is, not having access to Inventory in the battlefield. This may not be a problem for some players but since I start as mounted-archer early on, being able to re-supply arrows/bolts from my baggage in the battle screen is a requirement. (and I guess it is not cheating to resupply since it is logical to resupply from your party luggage).  But some of the awesome battlescenes do not have the luggage icon so I need to add 'I' hotkey access to the mod (=cheating :smile: )

Yeah I actually just came across this, I was in a battle and realized I had the wrong weapons, and couldn't find the baggage even though I hadn't moved from the spawn point. The on way to fix this is by editing the scene in mission_templates right?
  10. Teutonic troops & questions

Very interesting, thanks doc  :grin:
  11. Teutonic troops & questions

Keep said:
    Yes of course, because of their platearmor-slicing capability  :lol:

Imo teutonic troops are also really fast to upgrade into good fighters. Just 2 Upgrades and you either have a decent Shield+1H Wpn Fighter or a 2H Wpn Slaughterer... Other Troops take far longer to have the same stats.

Thank you for at least addressing my original post. It'd be nice if people would not derail a legitimate question with another "omgwtfbbq you want nonhistoricalness go away!" topic.

I see, so in general it does seem like the strength of the Teutonic faction is the way their troop tree develops. Quickly developing great infantry, and having troops that aren't stuck to a single upgrade path. (The 2h infantry can develop into spearmen who can develop into cavalry).

From what I understand they relied mostly on heavy cavalry and heavy infantry historically. Would they have used a lot of spearmen or crossbows, or gone into battle with a bunch of baltic troops?
  12. Questions to make me make pale again.

For renown, the ONLY reliable way I've found is doing tournaments, but running around the map finding them is such a pain because the map is so big. Sometimes you head for one and it finished before you get there, but if you keep your party light you can grind renown easily. I find the easiest way to win is with a balanced heraldic lance and a fast horse (turn weapon breaking off). Frankly after winning about 20 in a row I got bored and just cheated my renown up. After getting a city I will hold my own tournaments which should make it much easier. I hate grinding, so I will probably just cheat for renown but if you have the patience you can definitely use tournaments to get it VERY high.

Your problems 2 and 3 go hand in hand for me: I found the best solution is to be a mercenary. Fight in the Baltic or anywhere there is a lot of small conflicts, and have a party size capable of chasing down the patrols. These patrols are of 30-50 in size, spawn constantly, and are a GREAT way to train up troops and companions. If you combine it with trainer you can easily train up a hardcore fighting unit, and then you can fill it out with lower tier troops (which will level up decently if you focus on trainer).

I'll admit I'm not 100% sure the best way to tackle going from being able to fight parties of under 100 to being able to tackle those 300+ size lord armies - how the hell do you deal with those by the way??

If you feel that you have screwed up, I suggest exporting your companions using the camp menu and adjust them so that they some have trainer. Go around the map and get yourself some enterprises (anything that will give you a return in ~25 or less weeks is worth it IMO, I always buy the one that has the fastest return on investment rather in each city). If you are currently a vassal, resign and go mercenary instead. Don't be afraid to disband most of your army so that you can catch the patrols and focus on training up a core of elite troops. Hunt down tournaments when you can, or disband most of your army and focus on just doing tournaments for a while. In other words: you can always recover from a "bad" start.

Also, don't forget to send out your companions to increase your Right to Rule if you plan to start your own kingdom. I have sent out every companion I've found and it's at like 60 now.
  13. Teutonic troops & questions

No, it's a studded club I use for causing brain damage capturing prisoners  :razz:
  14. This Notched and Rusted Blade: A Mount & Blade Machinima.

Just started watching these, they are great and I look forward to more!
  15. Teutonic troops & questions

So I'm in LOVE with the Teutonic faction in this mod, seriously. I love the troop tree, I love the entire flavor of the faction. They taste delicious! Erm, anyways ... I am curious about one thing (which I haven't been able to find a concrete answer to anywhere): from what I understand, you...
Back
Top Bottom