Recent content by thewanderingknight

1. thewanderingknight

Crashes are not quite related to performance.

It has nothing to do with sounds, it's the textures combined with the huge size of towns and the amount of models in it. Also the game is old which ends up limiting the hardware potential. So yeah it was a mistake making the towns so big. If you lower your resolution though you don't need any "low something" patch.
  2. thewanderingknight

Font and Backgrounds

Just delete font.dds in SoF Textures folder and font_data.xml in SoF Data folder to revert to vanilla.
  3. thewanderingknight

How to transfer to knight

You need to start the game as a son of a noble (the option which gives you a banner at the start of the game) to be a knight, that's clearly in the patch log for 2.3 version. Knights are from a different troop tree than infantry. Before 2.3 you would always join as a knight. This was to make it more realistic.
  4. thewanderingknight

A problem

Amed said:
    Whenever I play as Salahuddin, he says deus vult when I tell my men to charge instead of Allahu Akbar.

is this a glitch orrr??

Read description, you need to replace manually, just read the instructions (you have it even in game).
  5. thewanderingknight

General Discussion and Suggestions

Well the only help I would need is making new models and scenes.

Regarding RTW my idea is to overhaul the vanilla with AOR system, specific faction governments system, colonies, new buildings, overhaul units removing some illogical ones and adding new ones and maybe make the Senate playable with a specific gameplay. I'm thinking using Mundus Magnus v1.2 as base as it is already a big improvement to the vanilla and would save me a lot of work. There are many great mods but none that improves the vanilla in the way I idealize in the strategic map. Most mods either change factions, remove Senate, add too much or not much at all. Although I never released a Total War mod I have experience modding to myself.
  6. thewanderingknight

Guys regarding the Ctds when sieging the towns something you should try before anything else is to set ragdolls and corpses to the minimum possible as it usually happens after some reinforcements waves and removing corpses and weapons should help reducing the stress on the graphics card (you only need to this before a town siege, castles don't have this issue, after the siege you can set it up again to whatever you like).
  7. thewanderingknight

oorestis said:
    thewanderingknight said:
    The armors originally meant for Crusader leaders had an issue but are now fixed.

Wanderingknight, what are you working on currently? I also wanted to ask that that last year you said you won't be adding any new factions. Is it still so? because now you might have time you never know. If you still wish to focus on improving the current factions, according to you, what in your opinion needs fixing in the current ones?

I actually have much less time for modding currently, so I rather improve on what exists, like fixing whatever still needs fixing (although I'm not aware of any important bugs at this point) and adding new features that would improve gameplay and the rolepay. More than this it depends on the external help I get. Even because I have a small modding project for the old Rome Total War as I've been having fun playing it lately xD
  8. thewanderingknight

BorialisAurora said:

You don't become a Master of the order being in the army as a soldier, you need to leave the army first and then offer vassalage to the Grandmaster, with your rep he should accept and give you land and that's it.

As said in the description (and actually in game in "Game Concepts") there are a couple towns that trying to land will not do anything, all you need to do is to do that on the nearest castle instead.
  9. thewanderingknight

The armors originally meant for Crusader leaders had an issue but are now fixed.
  10. thewanderingknight

Bug Reports

IMPORTANT:

If your game crashes in some town sieges, before trying the optional patch, I recommend lowering the resolution and/or lower the corpses as this shall fix it if you have a good computer. The crashes happen due to the huge size of the towns combined with the high poly textures of environment, buildings and units equipment and it seems to happen when reinforcements keep coming adding to the corpses already in the field, so having less corpses in the battlefield shall be a huge help. This is only problematic in TOWNS sieges, in castles sieges and normal battlefield this is not an issue. Lowering resolution also helps when just visiting towns both in loading time and also to avoid crashes as it can also happen after you have visited a couple towns because this will hit your v-ram. The higher the resolution the bigger the hit on your v-ram.
  11. thewanderingknight

IMPORTANT:

If your game crashes in some town sieges, before trying the optional patch, I recommend lowering the resolution and/or lower the corpses as this shall fix it if you have a good computer. The crashes happen due to the huge size of the towns combined with the high poly textures of environment, buildings and units equipment and it seems to happen when reinforcements keep coming adding to the corpses already in the field, so having less corpses in the battlefield shall be a huge help. This is only problematic in TOWNS sieges, in castles sieges and normal battlefield this is not an issue. Lowering resolution also helps when just visiting towns both in loading time and also to avoid crashes as it can also happen after you have visited a couple towns because this will hit your v-ram. The higher the resolution the bigger the hit on your v-ram.
  12. thewanderingknight

Just to remind as from watching a few gameplays from the mod it seems some don't realize this:

- The folder PLAYER WARCRIES AND VOICE ORDERS has crusader and muslim version for voice on commands and warcries and also crusader female voice, choose the one you want and copy/paste the wav files to SoF Sounds folder and sounds.txt to SoF main folder, replace when asked. To perform a warcry press "N".

- The folder USER INTERFACE has optional muslim battle UI, if you want to change copy/paste the dds file to SoF Textures folder and replace when asked.

To make these things change automatically I would need to use WSE (Warband Script Enhancer) and although WSE make possible scripts that otherwise aren't, it also brings a lot of issues as compatibility and performance stuff and can also confuse a lot of players from what I've seen in mods using WSE. So from the start I decided to make the mod completely WSE free. The downside is that you need to change these things manually.
  13. thewanderingknight

Teutonic Vassals Outfit.

The instructions for what you should have done are in description and even in the game, there is a reason you get a popup at start of a new game to take a look at game concepts and you have there everything you need to know about creating the Teutonic Order.  But anyway you should have removed everything both for their inventory and what they have equipped before turn them into a vassal. When you make them vassals they get a full Teutonic set and will equip it however they not get it if the inventory is full and anyway even if it isn't, it's not guaranteed they'll equip it, so you need to remove EVERYTHING both from inventory AND from what they have equipped. These are 2 different dialog options, most seem to forget this. There is 1 dialog option for inventory AND 1 dialog option for what they have equipped. The thing is that the Teutonic set is added to the inventory, not to the character directly.
  14. thewanderingknight

Bug Reports

Guys when tweaking graphics settings, one important thing and that I usually forget to mention is the number of corpses and items after death left on battlefield. From what I can tell most of the crashes issues might very well be related to that as usually happens when reinforcements keep coming. As reinforcements keep coming and remains are not removed it will keep increasing the stress on the graphics card especially when battling in a huge town.
  15. thewanderingknight

Guys when tweaking graphics settings, one important thing and that I usually forget to mention is the number of corpses and items after death left on battlefield. From what I can tell most of the crashes issues might very well be related to that as usually happens when reinforcements keep coming. As reinforcements keep coming and remains are not removed it will keep increasing the stress on the graphics card especially when battling in a huge town.
Back
Top Bottom