Recent content by TheSadLad

1. TheSadLad

Need More Info Corrupt saves after update

Just updated to what ps4 says is 1.07 and it didn’t ruin the saves this time all are still functional. Though all my current saves are new manual saves no auto save or overwrite. I’ll try a new game and let it auto save and see.

Just for the sake of sharing experiences...

I'm currently 9 - 9.5 hours into a new campaign (started post update) with autosaves set for 30 minutes. So far, 0 crashes and 0 corrupt saves. I fully expect to start encountering crashes again once I get back into the late-game warring, but... so far so good.

If they've truly managed to finally nail down the issues surrounding the corruption of autosaves, that's a decent step in the right direction. As for stability... this may just be "positive thinking" and I absolutely could be wrong, but I DO feel like it has slowly and SLIGHTLY improved from day one of console release.
  2. TheSadLad

Resolved Crashes causing corrupt saves?

Dal Day One a ora non è cambiato nulla, il gioco va in crash a fine conversazione dopo una battaglia, ma non potete levare le conversazioni dopo le battaglie? Ancora il bug del cursore nella forgia. Ho reinstallato il gioco 4 volte e formattato la play 1 volta per sto gioco ma nulla da fare. Ah nella mia partita siamo rimasti in 2 fazioni, quindi non mi si venga ad insegnare che a voi non crasha il gioco perché siete a inizio game al 100%. Per i save corrotti me lo sono fissato da solo, e questa è la seconda partita dal Day One.

Ps. Gioco da ps4

Re Barnaba, mi dispiace che continui ad avere problemi.

Finora, sono circa 9 - 9,5 ore in questa nuova campagna senza arresti anomali e senza salvataggi corrotti. Per essere onesti, durante i miei preziosi playthrough, i miei salvataggi non inizierebbero a corrompersi fino a circa il doppio di quel tempo (20-25 ore), ma... finora, tutto bene.

Prima di quest'ultima patch, sono stato in grado di conquistare circa l'80% di Calradia 3 - 4 volte usando solo un "Salva con nome" manuale, ma evito anche la fucina a causa dei suoi... vari problemi.
  3. TheSadLad

Thank you! Waiting for a reply!

So far, I'm roughly 9 - 9.5 hours into this campaign with no crashes and no corrupt saves. So far so good. Keep it up guys.
  4. TheSadLad

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?

Firstly, I appreciate the attention you all are giving to the many who reported these issues.

I noticed the update downloading last night. I will start up a new campaign when I am finished with work to test the reworked autosaving. I will keep you updated.
  5. TheSadLad

Need More Info PS4 PRO - all my save files are now corrupted - unable to play campaign

Summary: Corrupted save files (all campaign is now corrupted)
    How to Reproduce: login on game, try to load a save file
    Have you used cheats and if so which: no
    Scene Name (if related):
    Media (Screenshots & Video):
    Computer Specs: PS4 PRO

Played yesterday with no issues, had 1 corrupted save file 2 days ago that made me go back 1 hour of play.
    Today, when logging in on PS4 PRO, I had my Single Player Campaign files all corrupted. All 4 files are now corrupted and I lost around 20 days of playing (no idea of how many hours).

Is there a workaround for this? Is there an update for this?
    If not, this completely and utterly sucks.

I did not pay almost 50 quid to not be able to play my save files.

I 100% agree that losing that progress "completely and utterly sucks." Even more so because it comes without warning (barring pre-purchase investigation of any issues the game is having), EVENTUALLY driving people to these forums looking for a solution.

Draken Silverwing's suggestion is currently the best workaround for this issue (which seems to be entirely tied to the overwriting of saves whether they be manual or auto.)

To sum that suggestion up as succinctly as possible...

TLDR::smile:
    Pause, select "Save as", delete any autosaves or "extraneous" manual saves (such as ones from the very beginning of your campaign, unless you see yourself going that far back).

Do this regularly and you will rarely lose any meaningful progress (sometimes I do it before ANY action, resulting in a save "in the field", a save 20 seconds later after I catch up with an enemy party, another save after I've spoken to them, and yet another save after our battle or conversation.)

Most of the time, those actions don't result in a crash, BUT when they eventually DO result in a crash, I haven't lost much, unless I've fallen into one of my "just play, forget about saving" phases.

I will agree that this is more work than it should be, and that we should be able to trust the autosave and be able to "just play the game", but for the moment... overwritten saves will corrupt and we have to manage it ourselves if we want to play.
  6. TheSadLad

Need More Info PS4 PRO - all my save files are now corrupted - unable to play campaign

My game keeps crashing every ten minutes when I interact with npc. It's really freaking annoying. Talesworld sucks at making games.. you know how many other games I have that doesn't crash and these people would try to tell you... Oooh try restarting your PS4 or rebuild database like really yall can go screw y'all selfs... I'm pissed of that I really wanted to play this game with a smooth play through and can't even do that.. we as gamers should look at this and learn from it because these devs don't give a dam really about what your going threw in the game. They rather fix online multiplayer first but not fix the crashing when talking to npc and corrupted saves. Like y'all some real scums for robbing a whole ton of people. Made the game look good and it runs like a trash truck.. nice way to bait alot of people. Scum bags y'all make other game devs look bad

I have issues crashing when interacting with NPCs as well. It is annoying, I'll agree.

How many of your other games were made by a studio with less than 150 TOTAL employees (last I checked). How many of those studios are Turkish?

TaleWorlds has limited resources and is doing what they can with them. You purchased their product. Your expectations were what they were and their product didn't meet your expectations. If you feel that you were robbed... call the police.
  7. TheSadLad

This is false because I had multiple saves still getting corrupted…

Draken's workaround is 100% not "false." Myself and countless other players can attest to that. We were discussing just the other day the multiple campaigns we're running, whereas before the discovery of a workaround... My autosaves (and manual, due to overwriting) were guaranteed to shut me down before reaching Clan Rank 5-6.

Does the workaround work for everyone? Statistics would argue against the possibility. Too many variables. Not everything works for everyone. Some people do 5,000 piece puzzles for fun, some can't tie their own shoelaces. Nothing wrong with either of them.

Sry but as said I’m done with the game for now

No need to apologize to us. You do you. As for looking at Reddit for testimonials from people struggling with the game's various issues... I'm here on the support forums and that's enough for me. I won't get into my thoughts on Reddit culture.

I agree with you that there are a litany of issues with the game... but "game-breaking" they are not. Immersion-breaking? Sure. I'd argue however that anyone buying this game (or any other) to feel the Sturgian snow melt in their hair or to shake the Aserai dust from their cloaks should have tempered their expectations.

The only "perfect" game is the one we all play everyday.
  8. TheSadLad

Resolved Wife is losing Relation points for no apparent reason (currently at -28)

My wife is Corein, Caladog's daughter. If i'm merciful after conquering a castle i got a malus. She hates me and pretty much every tournament i got blasted by this battanian demon. What i don't understand is if spousing a daughter's king just from the beginning works as intended or should i get more renown in order to do that.
    Good ol' Corein. Draken's right. Corein would likely be much happier if you were raiding and pillaging like a "true Battanian beast."
  9. TheSadLad

Need More Info Corrupted Save Files

Thank you for the advice! First i couldnt delete them but figured out a way from the ps4 settings. Gonna delete them and create new saves while waiting for the fix :>
    Hopefully that fix arrives sooner rather than later, since I'm sure we'd all prefer to focus on the game and not the lingering fear that the crash hiding around the corner is going to push our progress back by a quarter hour - days, depending on whether or not any saves are corrupted.

Luckily, I haven't noticed any corrupt saves taking up slots after adopting the whole "make a new save, delete the oldest" approach. I'm currently running four campaigns (two Sturgian, one Battanian, and an Imperial), which makes picking and choosing a "game phase" pretty easy. Want to focus on the small-scale conflicts chasing bandits and looters around? Jump into one of the young campaigns. Want to deal with all the diplomacy and back and forth wars? Jump into one of the "more developed" campaigns.
  10. TheSadLad

Need More Info PS4 Corrupted save, lost manual + auto saves

Summary: Last week I noticed that nearly all save files have been corrupted (believe Nov update caused it). Lost over 30+ hours play, all save files (manual AND auto) bar a random auto save from beginning of playthrough have been corrupted. Any help would be appreciated; am a working man so play when I can, game requires a serious amount of grinding and having lost so much progress am not sure I have the time or energy to go back and restart. Version is up to date with latest update
    How to Reproduce:
    Scene Name (if related):
    Media (Screenshots & Video):
    I remember my first login after that update showed all my saves greyed out with a warning that they "may not be compatible" or something similar, but luckily have not had any (more) problems such as this. I've since started another two campaigns (Battanian and Imperial) post-update, but I feel you. Losing progress in this game is like coming into work expecting a promotion and being told "Yeah, actually... we gave that job to the new guy and have had to cut your position... How do you feel about being our part-time custodian?"
  11. TheSadLad

I have the same problem. I checked here if others have the same problem, used the "save as" option but still got three corrupted files... Noticed when my saves got fewer and fewer. I hope this gets fixed soon.. :<
    Are you overwriting those manual saves or making new ones and deleting the old ones? If you're overwriting your manual saves, they will end up corrupt as well.

I typically save mine as the first three letters of the character name and whatever number it is, so something like Rag1, Ydw47, etc. until I declare my own kingdom, which is where I make a whole 'nother "PreKingdom" save and start the numbering over again.

That way, I can not only keep track of how long that campaign has been going, but I can also easily notice if any of them have disappeared or need to be deleted (to save space and theoretically keep load times down.)
  12. TheSadLad

Resolved Wife is losing Relation points for no apparent reason (currently at -28)

My guess is she is not liking if you are pillaging or being merciful after a siege or you are pillaging a village.
    That would be my best guess as well. My Sturgian runs left most of their lords hating me because I was trying to be as "Honest" and "Merciful" as possible. EVENTUALLY I'll get around to going for a full-blown murder-hobo run and execute all the lords I capture/raid every village.

Buuuuuut until then, I'll continue being a man of the people.
  13. TheSadLad

We should be able to get a refund for this game. It is pointless playing at this time when all saved files gets corrupted.
    I agree that dissatisfied customers (with a legitimate grievance) should be able to get a refund on pretty much any purchase, I cannot agree that ALL saved files get corrupted. There are several of us now that are sharing (all over these forums) a workaround for the corruption that occurs when saves are overwritten.

I ORIGINALLY couldn't get past clan rank 5 before my saves eventually corrupted (for a total of 5-6 campaigns), BUT I haven't had that issue ONCE since I started using "Save as" to make manual saves, NEVER overwriting, and deleting autosaves.
  14. TheSadLad

Need More Info Corrupted save

so I should delete the old saves and not overwrite them
    Correct. Overwriting them seems to be a large part of what eventually corrupts them, which is why the autosaves are basically guaranteed to eventually end up corrupt. They make an original save the first three times, then start overwriting themselves.

I haven't personally had any of my manual saves corrupt ever since I started making sure to NEVER overwrite them. I just keep the 5 or so most recent in there.
  15. TheSadLad

Need More Info Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord Unplayable on PS4

I'm on a gen 1 ps4 that I've had since they came out. I have the same issues with corrupted files and blue-screens. But, not to the extent of what y'all are having. Also, crashes mainly happen after a battle when taking prisoners and like once or twice in the middle of a siege battle. So, I'm good as long as I remember to save it before every battle. Other than that, though, it runs pretty great. I don't understand how or why the PS4 Pro seems to be having more trouble but maybe there's something going on there.
    From what I've seen here on the forums, even the same generation of consoles will have vastly different "crash parameters." I'm on the generic PS4 like yourself and my crashes sound nearly identical to yours (which is why I also save before/after every major battle), but I've seen other PS4 users saying that their crashes are coming from trade menus, entering towns, etc.

Personally, I think the issue is that there are too many variables (releasing on 4 sets of consoles with their own subsets, despite having been so PC-centric originally.)

That's not to say that I'm not happy that they released on consoles, I'm thrilled that they did, it'll just take a while to iron out all the wrinkles (especially considering how far apart they can be spread.)
Back
Top Bottom