Recent content by TheHoodedTeddy13

1. TheHoodedTeddy13

SP - General Some more weapon parts I'd like to see with inspiration from museum pieces.

The technology level to make them would be the same for a lot of them. Edit for clarification: It’s more about the shapes of the weapons and their practicality in combat than the actual time period they were made. Calradia is still a fictional setting, if something would have been useful at the time and would be reasonable to make compared to everything else that everyone else is making, there’s bound to be someone who thought of it. I haven’t posted anything like rapiers or smallswords for example, since they wouldn’t fit with the fighting style everyone in calradia is practicing, and they are designed more for one on one combat in how their guards are designed. Well, rapiers are, if I recall, smallswords like the ones I’m thinking of were made more as status symbols.
  2. TheHoodedTeddy13

SP - General Some more weapon parts I'd like to see with inspiration from museum pieces.

Is the 15th century early modern? Asking because I don’t know.
  3. TheHoodedTeddy13

My favorite model was the basket-hilted sword, (first image), the so called schianova or broadswords has beautiful designs specially the Milanese.
    Gilded weapons would be cool. I think the term basket hilt actually refers to swords with a cage that covers most of your hand when you hold it. I didn’t post any basket hilted swords, or even scimitars, sabers, or some other swords because they wouldn’t work with the existing weapon customization system. How things work now, you pick a blade, a guard, a grip, and a pommel. With the weapons I mentioned, some parts overlap eachother, in a way I’m not sure will work in the current state of customization. Most scimitar designs have no pommel and the grip goes right into a knob. Swords with finger guards or baskets would have to be integrated into the grip part as well. I hope they might rework the whole crafting system at some point, but for now, I’m working with what they have now.
    Edit: I also didn’t post any rapiers, since those don’t seem like they’d fit in the current combat system or era.

But basket hilt swords and scimitars would be cool.
  4. TheHoodedTeddy13

I am absolutely for making the weapon variety feel more varied like that, but I don't pretend to know how to adjust the system beyond maybe adding parts that work as multiple sections, so you can have some fancy grips that flow into the pommel, or guards that work into the grips. I just know I spend way too much time looking at weapons in online art galleries so I felt I could share some ideas for them visually at least.

EDIT: A few more for tonight.
    2018KV0649_2500.jpg
    Source: Victoria & Albert Museum.
    2019ME6562_2500.jpg
    2020MP9896_2500.jpg
    2006BB9761_2500.jpg
    2006AU6881_2500.jpg
    2019ME6068_2500.jpg
    2019ME6381_2500.jpg
    2019ME6055_2500.jpg
    2019ME6033_2500.jpg
  5. TheHoodedTeddy13

Good thinking, I'll compile them into the first post before I finish for the night looking through the galleries.
    The axes here may be a tad too fancy for the game, but I'll post it here anyway on the off chance it gives he devs ideas.
    2019ME6474_2500.jpg
    2019ME6565_2500.jpg
    2019ME6466_2500.jpg
  6. TheHoodedTeddy13

Sifting through museum weapon galleries. So many Tsuba...

Sifting through museum weapon galleries. So many Tsuba...
  7. TheHoodedTeddy13

I'm adding them as I find them as I have time, I have to sift through a *lot* of Japanese sword ornaments that museums seem to always have a ton of, and always get sorted in the sword category. The Hand and a half sword below, I'm not *entirely* sure if a guard like that is in the game or not, so correct me if I'm wrong. The Executioner's sword is less functional, probably would have terrible thrusting damage, but I just think it would be kinda cool to have.
    resize%3Aformat%3Dfull
    Source: Worcester Art Museum.
    resize%3Aformat%3Dfull
    Source: Worcester Art Museum.
  8. TheHoodedTeddy13

This suggestion isn't really a priority in terms of needing to be added soon, but I feel like making this thread of weapon images that I feel would be helpful for reference if weapon customization is expanded later. I do a lot of browsing of art museums to look at fancy weapons, and there are a...
  9. TheHoodedTeddy13

SP Native Mounted Slash Camera +Couch Assist Camera Update

This mod no longer seems to work with the latest game version. Any plans to update because this seems like it would be a godsend.
  10. TheHoodedTeddy13

SP - General Bring back Late Medieval Age gear to Bannerlord!

Personally, I was disappointed to see heavy featuring of leather and studded leather armor, despite the fact that realistically, that isn't too good of armor. My guess is since the era they chose doesn't have as many armor options, they needed something to fill the gaps, but that's speculation. They should absolutely focus on the core mechanics and gameplay first and foremost, but later on I would *love* to see another pass taken at the armor designs. A full on later-medieval expansion in the future would be absolutely amazing, and I'd buy that even faster than I would buying the base game.
  11. TheHoodedTeddy13

SP - General Possible to get a button so you can quick centralize the map angle with it?

Yeah, as of now, I have no idea what way is north in this game, especially when zoomed in it is very disorienting. Even just adding a compass would help.
  12. TheHoodedTeddy13

[BL] Post & Find Mod Ideas

Minor suggestion, one that is honestly probably something only I want:
    There's a haircut I really want for my character. Essentially, it's shoulder length, wavy hair, but with a very receded hairline, like this guy's hair is receded, but he doesn't care and still rocks the locks (and a moustache). If anyone is willing to indulge me this selfish request, I'd be very grateful.
    I'll see if I can post a drawing of it tomorrow when the forum gives me permissions to do that, since I literally started this forum account to post this.
Back
Top Bottom