Recent content by TheGrim

1. TheGrim

Fief Updates Are a Constant Bother

Here's an idea- restart your character. Spend all your money on things like food and then sell your gear, get rid of your troops.

When you are broke, alone, and with only food, enjoy getting money. Because you are at a point where you can't seem to appreciate it. So make it more valuable to you.
  2. TheGrim

A mod we have to pay for?

Ule said:
    QWW said:
    And what do you expect? A perfect game?

Caba`drin said:
    You're about 9 months late on this rant...

Ha, no kidding.

as i paid 10quid for for it im fully allowed a gripe, if this was a pair of trousers id be in my rights to get a refund.

my point is ive played several mods which have been smoother, and have had more love paid to the delvopement, than this game feels like it has.

and so what, ive just bought it im can say if i dont like it now or whenever, im yet to see a time line on feedback on a game that is still purchasable.

though i have to admit the game is growing on me, i can think of it as dog that always rolls in **** or a bint with a hairy puntang. you grow to love the faults

So what, you want a refund? That's Steam you are gonna want to contact, not Taleworlds. If you want to play mods, go ahead and play some more mods, just uninstall the game you paid 15-20 bucks for and ignore it. Where I live, minimum wage is near nine bucks an hour, so you can just work a couple of hours and suddenly that game isn't that big of a deal
  3. TheGrim

Besieging the enemy are somewhat annoying

dragonchris said:
    get rhodok sharpshooters. This won't help as much if their are a ton of lords since most of them won't appear, but in small groups or alone you can pick off alot of guys with your archers then retreat and repeat. you should also bring a bow or crossbow yourself to kill enemy archers trying to fire back.

This.

For sieges, generally the best thing to do is get a large amount of x-bowmen (They tend to do more damage per hit) and camp them outside the walls for a while when the battle starts. If you are lucky, you can snipe enough that you can just send in your infantry, but most of the time you can just keep retreating and going back in so your marksmen have more ammo. Eventually, there will be such a pitifully small amount of defenders that you can just go in there and beat them with your fists.
  4. TheGrim

Swadian Army Build

Just get like 75% Knights and 25% Elite Marksmen or whatever they are called, have the knights charge at the start and camp your x-bowmen on a hill or whatever to snipe anyone who tries to flee.
  5. TheGrim

Need help guys!

DarkShogun417 said:
    I would suggest the nord city of Tihr. Just like you I was a vaegir vassal when i took it, but was refused. I had laid plans for my kingdom, and so I rebeled. Tihr is in the immediate vicinity of Curin castle, Jelbegi Castle, and Chalbek Castle. Once you take those three, your kingdom is like a geographical castle. A river to the east, mountains to the south, and only one nord castle (most likely just going to stay hiding there) to the west. You're right on the coast so they can't attack from the north either.

Good choice, but he's gonna want a really good army if he plans on taking a city and three castles fast enough that noone moves in to defend before he can take 'em.
  6. TheGrim

Netherworld Chargers have too much HP.

ScholarOfTea said:
    37 speed is NOT SLOW

Well, it certainly isn't slow, it's just slow compared to other horses that can get up to 50 speed
  7. TheGrim

Pendorian Duels

Definitely Sheriffs, I'm pretty sure I once saw one carting around some Noldor  :???:

I killed him and recruited the Noldor for my own purposes...damned Sheriffs, always sticking their noses where they don't belong, just like Alan Pangborn.
  8. TheGrim

Worst loss/Best win

At the end of a massive siege, all my army was either dead or unconscious, I was left with only a bit of health. Alone, I charged the enemies- the few survivors were only infantry, not archers. Picking up a wooden shield left on the ground, I went back to the old days of sword training and whittled them down with constant blocking. For the final kill, I leaped down a staircase, surprising the enemy at the bottom. I ended his surprise with a War Cleaver slash to the face.

Riding on that high, I gave myself a tiny bit of time to recover before bravely taking on an enemy party of 200 with my crippled party of 50. Figuring I'd just clutch it and take 'em down like usual, I immediately charged them with my lance out. I got their leader- some Khergit lord- before taking an arrow to the knee.

Just kidding, it was an arrow to the face, but you guys know what I'm referencing. Anyways, then my whole army got completely destroyed and I realized my most recent save was a bit before the siege. *facepalm*
  9. TheGrim

Is it just me or Lord Haeda is a total douche?

All the Sarranid Sultanate lords. When us Vaegirs headed south and seized some of the castles on the Northwest edge of their territory, I got a couple of villages down there. Needless to say, I was pretty much permanently stationed there just because I kept rushing to my villages to defend them from raiding parties. I killed thousands of Sarranidians then, I swear to God I'm not joking, my archers would snipe them while my Knights rolled in and crushed them, I was lancing and using my War Cleaver to turn them into Sarranidian ground human...twas the best of times, twas the worst of times.

Finally, I just said "screw it" and abandoned it. I was like the only Vaegir party down there anyways, everyone else just ran away. They re-took everything, and I wept a little at night. But I ended up having something like 50 relation with a couple Lords because I released them so many times, and like -40 with others for selling them. Really easy cash, and I would sell all the crap their armies gave me when I killed 'em.

Never did end up conquering them...that save file just accumulated dust until I deleted it to make a new character.
  10. TheGrim

ADHD Vassals!

Yeah, before you become king you should butter them up nice and well so that, when you do rule, you can piss them off to a bit of an extent without too many repercussions.
  11. TheGrim

Wed your betrothed

Broga said:
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, but is there a way to have your wife join your party out on the field? I feel kind of bad leaving her in my castle all the time.

Not without a mod, no.
  12. TheGrim

noble recurits

What exactly are you asking here? I hate to sound rude or ignorant, but I honestly could not tell.
  13. TheGrim

most hardest Town/Castle to invade?

I shudder as I realize that the last kingdom my empire has yet to conquer is Sarleon...from what I hear, I will need the luck of the Noldor to best the city of Marleons...
  14. TheGrim

an exploit, that I just found

Diablodude said:
    I buy them with cold steel.

Their heads, that is.

I buy Noldors with intense clicking of the Auto-Battle, where they bomb harder than...something that bombs hard.

15. TheGrim

Netherworld Chargers have too much HP.

Meh, I honestly don't worry about 'em. They'll never catch up to my Noldor horse, so why worry? Besides, I'm pretty sure you can't lance from a Netherworld Charger, and even if you could, the speed bonus would be terrible. They are real sword n' board horses, the kind for guys who like to wade into combat slashing and blocking away with a nice pool of hit points.

Me, I'm more of the "run around them spraying arrows and lancing them" kinda guy.
Back
Top Bottom