Recent content by TheBarbarian

1. TheBarbarian

The Tale of Wee Mad Angus: A M&B Viking Conquest AAR

THE TALE OF WEE MAD ANGUS A Story Of Public Drunkenness, General Larceny, And Violence So I wanted to try something a bit different than my usual playthroughs. I usually play as a goody-two shoes Anglo-Saxon noble or a bloodthirsty Viking raider. This time around, I wanted to try something a...
  2. TheBarbarian

Question about the Last Tuatha de Danann

Is there a way to keep the Last Tuatha questline from triggering while in sandbox mode? Not really a huge deal, just wondering if it was at all possible. Alternatively, is there a way to keep the 'Notes on Friese,' 'Notes on Danmark,' 'Book Notes' active like the 'Notes on Eriu' after the...
  3. TheBarbarian

Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

Hey, I love this mod, but after I updated it, I get the following in the rgl log after a crash to desktop whenever I try to change armors with a female character.

rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth_nor.dds"
    rgl_warning:  Couldn't load "Textures/lioncloth.dds"
  4. TheBarbarian

Strong trait broken in new patch 2.032

Makes me sad.

Shield taunting was the best way to keep my Svear Warriors from getting murdered by lucky rock throws to the dome.
  5. TheBarbarian

Hey, so I was looking through the cheatmenu list, and I noticed two armors have missing textures. Redownloaded, still came up showing a missing texture (completely whited-out armors). They were item 671, Okegawa armor, and then item 700 or so, Tokugawa sharpshooter armor. Are these armors actually used by troops ingame?
  6. TheBarbarian

Everyone declared war because of the "alarming rate of power"

kalarhan said:
    5) Fight a defensive war, use your forts/castles to minimize causalities,

This, absolutely this - use a small force (I usually go for just myself + any companions for speed, to draw away enemy lords sieging your castles, to another location where you have ample troops. If you're close enough to the settlement/fort, those troops will come out and help you in battle. Pick off their lords one at a time like this.

It's also how I managed to get through the storyline mode (holding those forts for 20+ days).
  7. TheBarbarian

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    kalarhan said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    but I've ran into an issue

make sure your module.ini is loading the assets in order (texture first, then material and finally the mesh).

You should also visit the Forge Q&A thread for general questions, as more modders check that thread.

Yup, as far as I can tell module.ini is in the correct order.

The Bare_Picts shader probably requires a DiffuseB for ageing in addition to a DiffuseA texture. Have you set this? VC Bare_Picts all use the same texture as DiffuseA for DiffuseB.

It wasn't set ( :oops:), but after setting them, it hasn't made a difference.
    Your mesh is not ticked as skinned. Copy one of the original Bare_Picts meshes, highlight your mesh,  click edit on the menus bar & select Paste skinning. Hopefully that will work.

Well, that worked, but now it appears as this: http://i.imgur.com/VYJZT30.jpg. Still, at least he's not disembodied any more.
    Check that your material is using the same shader as the other Bare_Picts.

Yup, that did it, thanks man.
  8. TheBarbarian

NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    kalarhan said:
    TheBarbarian said:

make sure your module.ini is loading the assets in order (texture first, then material and finally the mesh).

You should also visit the Forge Q&A thread for general questions, as more modders check that thread.

The Bare_Picts shader probably requires a DiffuseB for ageing in addition to a DiffuseA texture. Have you set this? VC Bare_Picts all use the same texture as DiffuseA for DiffuseB.

Your mesh is not ticked as skinned. Copy one of the original Bare_Picts meshes, highlight your mesh,  click edit on the menus bar & select Paste skinning. Hopefully that will work.

Well, that worked, but now it appears as this: http://i.imgur.com/VYJZT30.jpg. Still, at least he's not disembodied any more.
  9. TheBarbarian

NPC99 said:
    TheBarbarian said:
    kalarhan said:
    TheBarbarian said:

10. TheBarbarian

kalarhan said:
    TheBarbarian said:

11. TheBarbarian

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Alright, so I downloaded the awesome Dark Age mod for Viking Conquest. Pretty badass mod, feels like a return to Brytenwalda's overall feel. However, I didn't like the look of a couple armors - specifically the bare Picts (I'm not really a fan of the diaper-over-trousers look).

I've spent the last couple days learning how to edit armor/weapons etc through openBRF and Morghs to change them, but I've ran into an issue - https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/833581111265578862/71F290E6C8BCBA61EFC7BDD61A33E8161606534C/ As you can see, the chest shows up as a missing texture (I'm assuming that's what the white body/invisibility cloak signify, correct me if I'm wrong). I've ensured that all the proper textures are in the proper location and when I use openBRF, the armor displays as it should, but nothing I've done solves the issue once I actually run the game.

Looking further through openBRF and Morghs, I've run into this: http://i.imgur.com/GT0YWWw.png, the mesh, and http://i.imgur.com/lBt9pE1.png, the texture/material. Why isn't it reading that it's being used? Is it something to do with module.ini or scripts? I managed to put Krag's Picts models as standalone uniques into the game with no problems as a test, so I'm unsure of what the problem is.
  12. TheBarbarian

Alright, so I downloaded the awesome Dark Age mod for Viking Conquest. Pretty badass mod, feels like a return to Brytenwalda's overall feel. However, I didn't like the look of a couple armors - specifically the bare Picts (I'm not really a fan of the diaper-over-trousers look).

I've spent the last couple days learning how to edit armor/weapons etc through openBRF and Morghs to change them, but I've ran into an issue - https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/833581111265578862/71F290E6C8BCBA61EFC7BDD61A33E8161606534C/ As you can see, the chest shows up as a missing texture (I'm assuming that's what the white body/invisibility cloak signify, correct me if I'm wrong). I've ensured that all the proper textures are in the proper location and when I use openBRF, the armor displays as it should, but nothing I've done solves the issue once I actually run the game.

Looking further through openBRF and Morghs, I've run into this: http://i.imgur.com/GT0YWWw.png, the mesh, and http://i.imgur.com/lBt9pE1.png, the texture/material. Why isn't it reading that it's being used? Is it something to do with module.ini or scripts?
  13. TheBarbarian

I'm lovin' it so far, but I have one question - I'm not experienced with modding (as in editing files on my own) M&B - is there a way to revert back to the original Gekokujo female faces? I'm not really a fan of the anime look, even though it's far less than Gekonew and etc.
  14. TheBarbarian

Pict Ritual Body

gravur said:
    what?  So if you run around wearing just paint for a while you get a bonus?  When does one learn of this?

Well, it's Pictish. Give 'em a visit.
  15. TheBarbarian

Laser accuracy for defenders

Bring a bigger shield.
Back
Top Bottom