Recent content by The_Invincible_Knight

1. The_Invincible_Knight

Best Archers

Khergits are a nightmare in large numbers in a pitched battle. Vaegir Marksmen are extremely deadly in a siege. I participated in a battle of each kind. Both times it was the Swadians against them.

In the open battle, though I cut down more Khergits than I could count, the Swadians took terrible losses (it was like watching the Persians against the forces of Leonidas before they were shown the secret route).

In the siege, the Swadian forces were shot mercilessly by Vaegir archers and marksmen. Their rapid firing and decent melee capability meant that the Swadians were left utterly defeated. As before, I slaughtered a great number of Vaegirs of all kinds, before I was cornered and defeated.

If you never get close, I'd say the Khergits are deadlier, but if you get close up, they're fairly easy to slay. The Vaegirs are a little more challenging in melee.

Khergit horse archers are worse than any other archer, however, for the simple reason that your troops will find them difficult to surround and defeat, due to their high speed and maneuverability. So my vote is for the "Horse Lords" of Mount and Blade - the Khergits.
  2. The_Invincible_Knight

SP Fantasy Warrior of Eternity Mod - First Post Updated

Heh, I guess the concept has certainly changed a lot, both for the mod and my novel... time will tell...
  3. The_Invincible_Knight

How will the forum be like in 10 years?

In ten years? Same as it is now... derailed.
  4. The_Invincible_Knight

Post your battle cry

"Whoever ends up with the least enemies impaled upon their lance is paying for the ale!"
  5. The_Invincible_Knight

No more postcounts? - Ranks are now given by time spended online

Minor problem with time spent online determining rank... people could just leave a Taleworlds tab on when doing other stuff and very quickly become grandmaster knights without contributing anything.
  6. The_Invincible_Knight

Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

After careful consideration of the possible meanings of your text, I have come to believe your intent was mocking. Touche.

Back on topic, anyone else think that a Calradia could use a neighbouring nation?
  7. The_Invincible_Knight

Why you can't have a small army of immortal NPC's in Native.

Ah, very nice. Certainly different seeing it in a visual format. Thanks for that.
  8. The_Invincible_Knight

Why you can't have a small army of immortal NPC's in Native.

Like people in real life, some of the Mount & Blade companions just can't get along. Frustrating if you wanted that little army of super heavy cavalry or horse archers. Now, I did a search for NPC companions and didn't find anything quite like what I'm posting here, so... here's my list of the...
  9. The_Invincible_Knight

Expansion / Multiplayer suggestion thread

I have a few of suggestions for M&B '2' (the expansion).

It'd be nice if Geroia, the nation we've heard in passing from various NPCs, was added to Calradia, perhaps being accessible by a mountain pass (I think it was said that Geroia was over the mountains, but don't quote me on that). Personally, I'd love to see Zendar brought back as a town or even a major city in Geroia as well. It seems a shame to have scrapped it and a lot of players with the earlier versions would probably be surprised and pleased to see a revamped Zendar. Additionally, Geroia could begin neutral and possibly come to ally itself with a faction through diplomacy (the player could have a part to play there. :wink:)

The Nordic homeland could be another possibility, being somewhere across the sea. Perhaps the homeland itself could be invaded if you allied with a faction that opposed the Nords and had eradicated their presence in Calradia.

Sorry if either of these have been suggested; I rushed a little in posting this.

Hope you've all been having fun in Mount and Blade and posting on Taleworlds.

- Knight -

Edit: Bugger confirmed and placing altered. I love people who comment solely on the way text vexes them and don't bother to note anything else. Shows that they care.
  10. The_Invincible_Knight

Self-Propagating Story System

Going a little OT here, and I think I said this before, but...

It'd be interesting if defeating a faction wasn't the end of them. I'd like it if the Faction Leaders could actually take their kingdoms back. They could convince the lords to back them, again, i.e. every time they encounter a lord of the New Kingdom, there is a chance that they will be able to convince them to travel with him and help them to raid and recapture. The chance that they would manage to do so could be dependent on the lord's relationship with you.

This would continue the saga, rather than making it as simple as going around with a legion of Swadian Cavalry and wiping the factions one by one, a single time. Now you would have to be on your toes. They could even approach you, and if you felt like it, you could help them regain power. Hence there isn't just the five faction struggle, but a ten favction struggle, the rebels against the imperials (not meant to be a Star Wars reference). Most  of the necessary mechanics are already there, too.

Just throwing it out there. I like the original idea. :wink:
  11. The_Invincible_Knight

Being able to push ally NPCs out of the way.

Could be very useful.

Probably a good idea not to get into too much detail; if we start thinking about factors like strength, the speed you were moving at upon impact, your weight... well, it gets needlessly complicated. :wink:

Wonder how King Harlaus would react if I pushed him off his charger and rode off on it? :lol:

12. The_Invincible_Knight

Anduril, Flame of the West. What Kind of Sword is it?

I personally thought it was closest to a 'hand-and-and-half sword' in appearance, and also based on the fact that the scabbard is worn at the waist, as well as on the way Aragorn wields it.  The length seems about that of a bastard sword.

I was showing off the fact that I know the bastard sword's other name. :razz:

As for why I started this thread, I was curious as to whether or not others thought it was a bastard sword, and if not, what kind of sword they thought it was.

Well, people are getting silly, anyway... time to lock this up. :wink:
  13. The_Invincible_Knight

Anduril, Flame of the West. What Kind of Sword is it?

Source: http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/anduril-aragorn-swords.htm For all you Tolkien fans out there, what kind of sword does Anduril most closely resemble? I personally thought it was closest to a 'hand-and-and-half sword' in appearance, and also based on the fact that the scabbard is worn...
  14. The_Invincible_Knight

SP Fantasy Warrior of Eternity Mod - First Post Updated

I'm sure the mod has more than a mere 600 hours behind it now. (Though I sadly confess few of those were mine...) :wink:

Had an idea for the end of the mod... though this would work best if you were on the side of the 'good guys'. It's actually a poem, of sorts. Nothing of epic Lord of the Rings quality, but then, I haven't had decades to practise...

Eternal Dawn-Star

As the light shines through,
    The darkness begins to fade,
    As my eyes pierce the shadows, I see what is true,
    I stride forward, by a cloaked force bade.

As light cuts through the dark,
    So does my faith defeat my fear,
    Now and forever, hark,
    As I die, shed no tear.

For this world is shadows and dust,
    The truth lies beyond the veil,
    It is beyond the lies we trust,
    In this life, the glory is but a reflection, fragile and pale.

Deliverance is near, an end to the terror is nigh,
    For the eternal dawn-star has begun to glow,
    As we watch this world slowly die,
    The rivers of life no longer flow.

The skies grow dark and dark flames fall, the dark times are upon us at last,
    The light fades, countless have been slain,
    In the midst of the darkest hour, we must stand steadfast,
    Those who die as heroes, shall in heroes' graves be lain.

But at last see the light which pierces all,
    Doom, terror and death have passed,
    Now at long last, all hear the dawn-star's call,
    Eternal peace, the dawn is here at last.

I don't know whether you'll implement it (when possible, as 'icing on the cake'), but I hope you get a chance to read it, even if only once. I am naturally biased, but I think that the poem is a beautiful one and would be a nice surprise for the dedicated players who choose to conquer the darkness. :smile:

Thinking of you fondly, TIK.

PS: I think I said I was not returning to Taleworlds. I'm not very good at keeping my promises, am I?

PPS: If you're reading this and skipped the poem, go back and read it! :lol:

PPPS: Too many PS's... I never was good at staying on topic.

PPPPS: I may keep an eye on the mod, but I make no promises... VCE ain't a picnic and without my R and R I get very, very grumpy. :wink:

PPPPPS: Good luck with the mod. Glad to see that you have more dedication than I.
  15. The_Invincible_Knight

SP Modern Apocalypse 'The Dead Rise' (Another Zombie Mod... but with a twist you won't expect...)

Discontinued.

I'll be using what's here as the basis for a novel.

Most likely, this'll be my final post on Taleworlds.

Nothing dramatic.

- TIK

P.S. - Don't bother sending any PMs, because I will not be checking them.

Rest in peace.
Back
Top Bottom