Recent content by The Mercenary

1. The Mercenary

So... preliminary assessment about NE for Warband

eMen said:
    I wonder what C4 is named after.

Composition 4.

Pellagus said:
    Harlaus became Kaitilus because he was always a woman - inside. Swadian gender reassignment surgery was very advanced for the 13th century.

Indeed, it was quite common for the Nords. Ah, Shield Maidens...

JohnnyG said:
    Pellagus said:
    Not sure why you would prefer wandering round a sparsely populated map with less to do, but it takes all sorts.

Harlaus became Kaitilus because he was always a woman - inside. Swadian gender reassignment surgery was very advanced for the 13th century.

Its just my opinion old chap, nothing personal against your mod.  Congratulations for making a mod by the way.

:neutral:
  2. The Mercenary

Khergits

Khergits (Cur-gits): A faction which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of two reasons: A) THE KHERGITS ARE SO UNDERPOWERED OMG GIVE THEM SOME LOVE THEY GET SLAUGHTERED BY EVERYTHING. B) THE KHERGITS ARE SO OVERPOWERED OMG TONE THEM DOWN I CAN'T BEAT THEM EVER.

Rhodoks (Roe-docks): A faction which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of two reasons: A) Omg lol the Rhodiks are so easy to kill they suck give them some bakbone lol. B) Omg lol the Rhodiks are too hard to kill, theyre archers are like goddamn snipers despite the name of one of their soldiers actually being sniper their too accurate and i get headshooted too much.

Vaegirs (Vay-gehrs): A faction, which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of two reasons: A) wtf is the point of all the cavarly lol they have like fifty branches lol that do the same thing. B) wtf why do their archers hurt so much? my head hurts bc i got shot in the face.

Swadians (Sway-dee-ahns): A faction, which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of one reasons: A) Swadian cavalry is too awersome and butchers everything despite it being totally possible to curbstomp a Swadian army with the right tactics. Too hard, overpowered!

Nords (Nords): A faction, which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of two reasons: A) Dude why's the Nords got cavalry? Lol they suk. B) Dude why's the Nords get no shield high-tier soliders lol.

Dark Knights (Dahr-k Nye-tssss): A faction which, in Native Expansion, everyone insults the developers for one of two reasons: A) LOL THEYRE NEKKID B) I appear to have a sword in my cranium.

Recommended Response 1: I do not care.
    Recommended Response 2: I still don't care.

Last Resort Response 1: Sometimes, it's possible that your traditional approach doesn't work against a given foe. Try again with a different army.
    Last Resort Response 2: I really, really don't care.
  3. The Mercenary

arbalest

Captain_Octavius said:
    Merc's explanation always was that the player deserves to know when the hardest hitting ranged weapon in the game is on the battlefield. Download Morgh's tools if you want to remove it, pretty easy to do.

Erm, I'm right here?
  4. The Mercenary

arbalest

Because I made a boo-boo ~2 years? ago and I pretended that it was intended.
  5. The Mercenary

cofused about village

Sort of, sir. They focus on spearwall with a crossbow line. They're designed to receive cavalry charges and defend castles very effectively. So yes, their crossbows are very effective (especially the arbalestiers), but their infantry is no joke either, at higher tiers. A halberdier can hold off enemies both on the walls and on the field easily, due to the long range and power of their weapon. Try a siege with a few dozen halberdiers around the ladders or siege tower. It's hard for enemies to get through. Granted, they were still grossly underpowered when I stopped working on this and handed it over to other people, but they were still pretty effective. Back in the last version I played/created, I saw Graveth, using a halberd, crush the skulls of four paladins, a blademaster, and a lady knight who were on foot before a knight slammed a lance into his back, and I used to hear stories about sieges where people were unexpectedly stabbed to death with halberds and tossed off the siege ladder/tower as they attempted to breach the walls.

EDIT: I should have clarified. Graveth was fighting them all at the same time, with the rest of his army dead.
  6. The Mercenary

cofused about village

Nordic infantry is specifically designed to be the best heavy infantry in the game, with Rhodok infantry designed to be the best spear infantry. Ever seen a dismounted Knight-Lord attempt to fight against an Einherjar or a Halberdier? They almost always lose. Crusaders and up are a little more even, but that's only if they have their longswords drawn, and even then they lose pretty often.
  7. The Mercenary

Josef_the_Pretender said:
    The Mercenary said:
    And I must say, I disapprove of the changes to the troop trees. :sad:

Ha ha! I agree, but people just don't seem to be able to cope with choice. Hope you're well, Merc.

I am not doing anywhere remotely close to well, to be honest. Haven't had time for entertainment in months. But, I'm getting through life. Same as everyone else, I guess.

And yes, I was sad to see half the troops I put loving time into vanish. :sad:
  8. The Mercenary

Pellagus said:
    Hey Merc! I seem to have appropriated your modship in your absence. Let me know if you want it back.

No sir, if I wanted this headache, I would have continued to develop this mod on me lonesome. And I must say, I disapprove of the changes to the troop trees. :sad:

Also, claymores are mines packed with explosives, technically speaking.

Anyway, I'm out for a year again in a couple days.
  9. The Mercenary

this or....

Duh said:
    Pellagus said:
    Thanks. Your horse is amazing.

Thank you good sir. You may give it a lick.

@Effemb:
    While Jason certainly didnt display FMP correctly and i do appreciate you pointing that out, you shouldnt make the same mistake Jason did, just because you have already taken a liking to one of the mods. Thats why stating this

effemb said:
    apparently the one single gimmick that native expansion has that others dont.

is quite incorrect and you might want to take a look at the Download Details.

Sphere of Influence is an amazing feature, new quests are exciting and many new buildings as well as gameplay functions do add a lot of depth and make this stand out from other mods.

Mm! Don't forget the spearwall! That took forever!
  10. The Mercenary

quite disappointed

Peasants aren't known for their courage and combat ability.
  11. The Mercenary

:lol:

Considering that Jinnai and I basically just picked whatever stats we felt like per unit and didn't really plan ahead, I can't believe how popular this has gotten. I'm quite proud that all the "good" was stuff we in the old guard added.

EDIT: Oh, and FYI, changing the skill limit to 12 from 10 took some serious work. Hex editing and all.
  12. The Mercenary

a silent scream

Leprechaun said:
    Whoah, when did you start posting again?

Once in a blue moon. Semi-busy most of the time.
  13. The Mercenary

Favourite Historical Medieval Hero???

chazix said:
    so what if all the nobles spock french.i hate them as well for thining they to good for english.

My friend, you appear to be "thining" yourself too good to "spock" English as well.
  14. The Mercenary

a silent scream

Pretty much. I think most of the other lackwits were also people who'd been banned from TWF, so they had a lot in common. Unless that was a different person who started his own forums. Anyway, Dimos used to ban anyone who had any connection to OT in his forums, after sending them a nasty PM about how they weren't going to "ruin" his forums, as I recall.
  15. The Mercenary

Lever Action Rifles.

:razz: We were taught that the reason you keep your feet flat is not to create a solid support but because if they're up (on the balls of your feet) it's really easy (and common) for a bullet whizzing past to shatter every bone in your foot, crippling your squad (and probably you, for life) cuz now you're wounded and can't walk, and another squad member has to carry you. Plus, you know, you're crippled for life.
Back
Top Bottom