Recent content by Thasom

1. [EU] [TDF] Tournoi Duel Francophone 2022

Groupe et Joueurs : D - Thasom vs Korift
    Résultat : 9-0 ( forfait )
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

@Dejan @NIN3 Very sorry for the ping, but I feel like now is the time or never to do it.

To me, and to many players, Captain mode has a main issue that has never been addressed in Bannerlords multiplayer but has been in warbands (NW) commander battles years ago.

Rambos (players leaving their formation to attack the enemies alone) are in every captain mode match...

I always felt like captain mode is a game mode focusing on the commandment skills of the players. Winning a round in this mode should be about which team is the best at giving orders to their troops and about which team has the best team play. Also, (as Mount & Blade is not Total War) the fighting skills of the players should have a part in the battles once orders have been given (for example: a player, charging with his line of infantry). All in all, the player should be acting like an officer, giving orders to his formation and fighting with its troops once it's time to deal as much damage as possible. That's exactly what Taleworlds seams to advertise with this game mode in this video (in this gameplay recorded by taleworlds, there is no rambos, so it seems like it's taleworlds vision is that the captain mode should be played like that):

Currently the game mode is not played like that. Players use cavalry regiments as extra lives and attack the whole enemy army alone. Infantry players leave their line in the back of the ally army and go behind enemy infantry lines to use the IA flaws which makes them turn their shields and show their back to enemy archers...

Here is a example of a rambo cavalry player (he is fighting in the middle of the enemy army):
    Link to the video

Here is a example of infantry players ramboing to hit ally infantry in shield wall and making them show their back to enemy archers:
    Link to the video

Those are only 2 examples, but this type of "gameplay abuse" is present in every captain mode match and destroys it.

So here are my questions:

- Is Taleworlds working on a solution to this issue ?
    - What is Taleworlds vision for this game mode ? (I don't understand it as this issue has been there since the first tests of the beta before the EA of Bannerlord and it hasn't been fixed. I'm a developer myself and all the easy fixes that the community has sheared on this forum sims easy to implement and relevant)
    - Are we going to see any changes on this matter before the live version of the 1.7.2 ? (Launching the ranked games with the rambo meta still in the game mode would make it the norm)

As a M&B content creator that loves Captain mode, every week I play captain mode matches with my community though Clan Matches. In those, we forbid ramboing and the result is here. Our games are fun, not frustrating, much more tactical and bring many epic fights. We play like taleworlds do in its gameplay showcases. All the feedbacks that I have from new players that test captain mode through matchmaking are something like that: first, they struggle with how they are supposed to give orders to their troops and before they find out, they are getting destroyed by one guy, who is killing all of their archers by simply spinning around them.
    When new players try the captain mode matches without rambos in it, they do not win, but they see what is the potential of the game mode and want to play it again to improve their commanding skills !

This issue needs to be fixed as soon as possible and especially before the release of the ranked matches. I hope that I will have a answer on this ?

this person is totally right, currently the captain mode only use AI stupidity or their regiment as extra lives, honestly this is your best game mode, and players render it pointless with a gameplay more than cancer .... and gives more salt than a competitf fps like valorant rainbow six siege or cs go. there is a real problem, right? personally I prefer to leave the parts where I see the recurring rambos ... it is not a solution of course, but you do not give any other. I've never vomited so much salt in a game, and yet I'm a big competitive fps player...
Back
Top Bottom