Recent content by Th3o

1. Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

those who still experience such problem, advice: use perf_test version, record the freeze and send file to devs. maybe there are more events (like shields crashing) that cause this, but without telemetry its impossible to trace.

p.s. I played no less than 10 huge battles in campaign, no freeze yet
  2. Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

looks like good news. installed 1.6.2 with latest hotfix, played 4 or 5 custom battles (big and bloody), could not cause a freeze by my shooting in the air technique. So maybe its fixed for you guys too. Maybe, that was it:
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when multiple missiles collided with the same shield at the same time, with the first one breaking the shield.
  3. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

thats good news. Now, in this thread I pointed out that shooting in the air was one of causes of the problem. In different threads and in different cases such as this, the same problem was present in pure melee fights. Is it solved too, perhaps?
  4. Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

I can do this all day long. Even on uncapped fps it won't crash as long as i won't charge my horse archers into enemy horse archers which will cause huge mele clash - that's what freezes the game for me. I'm sure projectiles don't cause my freeze.
    thats frustrating. not only you should have a freeze, but also you should have right kind of freeze 😂

But then, I only discovered that it freezes me certainly while shooting in the sky, when i had no idea what exactly causes this freeze. Maybe melee also causes this in my case, just very random and impossible to trace.

So, if this is reproducible in your case and you have time and curiousity 😄, I suggest that you download the telemetry version (perf test), record the moments before freeze and upload the resulting file to their server here. When i did it in my case, I had trouble with file size (it seems to contain every action of every unit etc.) so the recording should be very precise. Say, some tens of seconds of 1000 men fighting might be too much. Its more like start record in the middle of fight, few seconds, freeze, ctrl-alt-delete end task, done. paste this thread link as description. I hope recording of this freeze (not related to shooting arrows) might help devs to identify the problem
  5. Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

What's even more funny is that i can complete 500 v 500 horse archer battle without fps cap. It looks like my issue is caused by units clashing in mele as infantry battles will freez for me as well
    try shooting in the sky as temun
  6. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

ryzen7 3800x
    an hour of testing 1.6.2
    tried capping fps. locked it at 15 via game config file. 1st horse archer battle, surprisingly, went well. 2nd,.after few arrows in the sky (thats the way I found to increase freeze probability), it froze. So, it may lower the probability but eventually it will freeze nonetheless
    locked half of cores. froze
    turned off SMT. froze
    SVM on. froze
    ...back to1.5.10
    I hope the changes implemented in 1.6.x were worth it :twisted:
  7. Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

ryzen7 3800x
    an hour of testing 1.6.2
    tried capping fps. locked it at 15 via game config file. 1st horse archer battle, surprisingly, went well. 2nd,.after few arrows in the sky (thats the way I found to increase freeze probability), it froze. So, it may lower the probability but eventually it will freeze nonetheless
    locked half of cores. froze
    turned off SMT. froze
    SVM on. froze
    ...back to1.5.10
    I hope the changes implemented in 1.6.x were worth it :twisted:
    writing here since my thread is ignored by staff.
  8. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

Its been more than a month since this thread was created (with explanation of how to reproduce the freeze) , 2.5 months since 1.6.0 arrived, 2 telemetry files sent the very day this telemetry version appeared. As I feared, new versions go on and on without a fix, and "team" provides no feedback.
    Whats important to understand.

1. We are few. The vast majority of players dont have this bug. Its unreproducible for them. I know of few cases of it here, its 4-5 people, some of them claim to know another 4 to have this problem. Links below:
    As can be seen, the first thread comes from Intel CPU guy, myself is zen2, so its hardly cpu-specific...

2. Now, how different are devs? What if they cannot reproduce this? They got telemetry of 2 freezes, it probably gave no useable info. So, what is there to fix, if you send army to fight another army and shoot hundreds of arrows in the sky, and it doesnt freeze?

I now require feedback. This thread is not closed aka "solved" after a month. Is it because devs cannot still reproduce this, or is it because they can, but cant figure out how to avoid this? Of course, "they didnt really look into this yet" is also an answer.
  9. Resolved Crash during every open field battle

than crash report will be appreciated, i suppose)
  10. Resolved Crash during every open field battle

Is it a normal crash with crash log or is it a freeze that makes the app only shut down by task manager?
  11. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

yep. still freezes. first arrow in the sky during 500v500 custom battle.
    It would seem my game stopped developing at 1.5.10. Not mine alone, but it seems we are not many enough for this to be managed...
  12. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

will try 1.6.2 now...
    there is again "fixed crash in big battles" string, as it was in 1.6.1 (which dint fix it), so its hardly believable, but still worth trying
  13. Future Plans

Suggestion on joining battles/sieges. When you are joining the battle that is going for some time already, why does it look like it never took place? Why it starts from scratch? As if combatants suddenly decided to make truce, cleaned the battlefield from blood, removed the fallen comrades, cleaned armors and swords, and rested to replenish health. Then they saw The Player Party and got ready for continuation...
    It would be appropriate to decorate the battlefield before battle. Put originally existing soldiers where they really belong on the map, preferably in the center of it, so they fight right at the very beginning of battle, and put player party somewhere in the corner. So player gets the impression that this battle is real, not some interrupted math simulation turning into massive tournament...
    And the sieges? You see how numbers of both attackers and defenders decrease, you get in there, and see the army moving towers and ram from the starting positions while there is few defenders left. How the hell you killed 90% of garrison if you just started to move siege engines and there is no one at the walls??? Come on!
    Anyway, I fear I am never to enjoy any improvements as I am stuck with 1.5.10 due to 1.6.x freeze during battles...
  14. Resolved Game stops responding during the battle

I'm sorry to bother, but it seems, more and more people face this problem.
    most recent case: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-crushes-in-battle.445793/
    I really would like an update. Is the cause of this crash found, at least? Or maybe more replays will help?
  15. Chances of Heroes/NPCs dying on the battlefield

m curious what difficulty lvl you are playing on, and what the surgeon skill is
    As its mentioned here, 1.5.x have about 10% lord death probability. Armies often consist of 10+ parties. So 2 dead lords each good battle is kinda normal. And there are real big battles, and there is Random, so i sometimes see up to 5-6 unfortunate souls. And i try to get into each big battle there is. For me lord population ir real pain in the ass.
    Medical skill is usually 150+ and all possible perks are toggled (not purist about mods), but I dont think this affects lords, at least in 1.5.10

btw.When it happens that I need certain clan or lord gone (or back to life), I use saddled edge editor in 1.5.x
Top Bottom