Recent content by TFK_Ted

1. TFK_Ted

Where should I pay to get the new skins?

Just release the custom servers and allow modding for MP already. I wanna play 500 vs 500 commander battle with friends and RBM.

No, you don't want to enjoy MP, you want to buy skins

2. TFK_Ted

Racism and repeated abusive of the kick function

Believe it or not, racist spam hurts the game. When most people log into a server and see unfunny pol memes their immediate response is "wow these people are annoying pricks, I don't want to play with them", not "okay I'll stay on this server for another 30 minutes to see how it goes".
    That's right. The MP playerbase is having problems anyways, I don't see how being overly toxic towards newbies and not even giving them a chance to get better should help with that issue. Kaide (dat name, at least no 59th) has a point.

Oh, and btw:

Communications Abuse
    Respect fellow players. Treat people how you want to be treated. There’s no excuse for in-game harassment, offensive language, hate speech, threats or bullying in any shape or form. The TaleWorlds community accepts and welcomes everyone, no matter their colour, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.

However, @kaide
    If a player acts against the behaviour guidelines listed above, you can report the player directly in-game via the leaderboard UI [TAB], and then right-click on the player.
    that's the way to go.
  3. TFK_Ted

Abuse of the votekicking system needs serious attention

But it's all part of Taleworlds' vision for a FUN and INVITING multiplayer experience that favours the NEW players. :iamamoron: They even introduced the class-system to HELP out the newbies, because that's the BEST way of having a NICE community on the OFFICIAL servers, after all private servers with actual administration instead of votekicks are too trashy to serve the VISION :party:

Edit: nearly forgot

4. TFK_Ted

Open Letter to Taleworlds-Mod Custom Servers

Thank you for spreading ^^ However, you might want to link the original thread instead of the letter itself as it is a common opinion of several team represented there: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...mod-custom-servers.446022/page-2#post-9737576

Without the linked thread, this might seem like your personal opinion to the uninformed reader.
  5. TFK_Ted

Open Letter to Taleworlds - Mod Custom Servers

This letter highlights our greatest concerncs and offers some very simple solutions. Simple, if Taleworlds wants to do it. We'll see where we stand for real after or rather if they react.
    To be a bit more frank than what is being said in this letter, we've had some very honest discussions within the teams with some very honest words being used to describe the situation. The following is imo, as our common opinion is that really good letter. Tldr, custom servers some time in 2022 or even later are unacceptable for modding purposes and results in serious outcry. We need something to test our stuff in MP at least. Every time I visit a youtube video talking about Bannerlord, comments highlight how the game would be if mods were released. Mods are a valuable part of Taleworld's reputation. Don't throw that reputation away over personal ego. I am sure that Taleworlds can do it, I just don't know anymore whether they want to do it.
  6. TFK_Ted

e1.6.0-e1.6.3 Modding Adjustments & Access Modifiers Changes

• In the editor, progress bars were added to the “Navigation Mesh Auto Generation”, “Navigation Mesh Grid Generation”, “NavMesh Debug Mark Elevation Problem Faces” and “Remove Unreachable Faces” features.
    • Implement a left_hand flag.
      • In response to the animation-related request from @Lucon.
    • Documentation on implementing new flora.

Special thank you for these!

Now, if you want to see some really happy modders, just release custom server files with the next update or give us some kind of possibility to test stuff in MP :!:
  7. TFK_Ted

Future Plans

giphy.gif

Basically the same packs of red and blue socks... I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Honestly, this whole nEw FeAtUrE pAcK plus Callum's statement...

...is the icing on the cake to me :facepalm:.

Disappointment is a word that falls short of what it means to me when it comes to evaluating this development process.

Well said. Here in the MP modding community, all we have kept asking for was and is battle mode and custom servers. And what did we get? Ranked matchmaking - which will be dead due to lack of players -, skins, and other stuff I can't remember anyone ever asking for. It's just frustrating. But whatever, time to wait some more years I guess.

8. TFK_Ted

SP MP Musket Era Sword & Musket [Napoleonic Wars - Bannerlord Mod Project]

Latest on-field research into the battle of Wagram for historical battlemaps.

Being close to Vienna on vacation, I used the opportunity to visit the battlefield at Wagram. When it comes to creating historical battle maps, it's all about getting an understanding of topographic details. While online ressources might help, as demonstrated for Hougoumont, being there for real allows one to mindmap the area and see details which cannot be present on any overview map.

Check out this video to get an idea of how and where the battle unfolded:

Wagram and Russbach

I started at Deutsch-Wagram. They have a nice Museum there (http://www.wagram1809.at/index.htm) with really helpful staff who knows about the local area.

20210815_143218_-_Kopie.jpg

They had some really good maps of the battlefield there, which I will not share for copyright reasons. Taking photographs was allowed, but I forgot to ask whether it was ok to share these maps online.

I then took a stroll through Wagram and headed towards the Russbach, which separated the French and Austrian army and served as defensive position. A very interesting feature of that specific area near the town of Wagram is that the hedges are sunken in, quite contrary to what I would usually expect. It's obvious that this feature strengthens the defensive value of the position.

On the way from Wagram towards the Russbach, facing the French advance.
    20210815_143654_-_Kopie.jpg

A few further metres ahead, a crossing and following fork opens up two (!) ways parallel to the Russbach, which marks another important defensive feature: a second ditch behind the Russbach on the Austrian side! It appears on historical maps, but I was surprised about how deep it actually is. Water is present in some places, but not everywhere. The walls are full of trees and shrubbery, making the area a serious obstacle to any advance.

SkizzeRussbach.png

About 50 metres ahead from the last picture, looking back towards Wagram (note the sunken hedge on the right side and the churchtower) - [1 on the drawing]
    20210815_143743_-_Kopie.jpg

[2]
    20210815_143747_-_Kopie.jpg

[3]
    20210815_143822_-_Kopie.jpg

[4,5]
    20210815_143840_-_Kopie.jpg
    20210815_143956_-_Kopie.jpg

A panorama at the fork revels an additional advantage (or not so much due to picture quality, but I can guarantee you that it's there): Behind the Russbach on the Austrian side, there is a not very high, but partially steep hill all along today's road parallel to the Russbach. It exists on historical maps too, next to the historical road. The Austrians retreated there after the French broke into Wagram and Markgrafneusiedel.
    All in all, the Russbach must have been a superb defensive position, especially with the French being located on open fields without any significant ditches or obstacles that might serve as cover for the advance. That's depicted on historical maps and paintings too.

20210815_144426_-_Kopie.jpg

20210815_144606_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - note the second ditch on the panorama.
    20210815_144335_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - view towards Marktgrafneusiedel/French positions
    20210815_144110_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - view towards french positions between Raasdorf and Aderklaa
    20210815_144039_-_Kopie.jpg

With these and more impressions of the area around Wagram and the Russbach, I got back into my car and drove through Parbasdorf to Marktgrafneusiedel. All along the way, the hill along the road was there. Couldn't take pictures while driving, but one can see it on google maps streetview:

streetview.png

Marktgrafneusiedel

At Marktgrafneusiedel, the features of the terrain changed. The hedges there were not sunken in, but plain. In comparison to the Russbach, it's a way better area to attack - which Napoleon did.

Towards the Austrian left flank near Marktgrafneusiedel
    20210815_145548_-_Kopie.jpg

Towards the French far right at Marktgrafneusiedel

20210815_145552_-_Kopie.jpg

The hedges there really are not that much trouble in comparison to those near Wagram and the Russbach.
    20210815_145611_-_Kopie.jpg

View towards Marktgrafneusiedel from the French right flank.
    20210815_145824_-_Kopie.jpg

View towards the Russbach/Wagram (Russbach = where the trees are) from the French right flank.
    20210815_145817_-_Kopie.jpg

Near the French center, view towards Russbach.
    20210815_150106_-_Kopie.jpg

Raasdorf

I then walked to Raasdorf, where Napoleon had his HQ. The view towards Marktgrafneusiedel and Aderklaa is still great.

Looking from Raasdorf (French HQ) towards Aderklaa and Wagram.
    20210815_150658_-_Kopie.jpg

Understanding terrain

All in all, Wagram is a very interesting example of how terrain can dictate a battle.

The Russbach is a very strong position. Strong enough to force attacks against the towns of Aderklaa, Wagram, and Marktgrafneusiedel instead, which meant marching troops all the way over open fields under barrage. Even details such as ditches in hedges can make a serious difference when it comes to sheltering from fire. On the other hands, open fields allowed the great cavalry action that was seen at Wagram. As in many modern battlefields, the plains are very open today due to modern agriculture. However, at Wagram, these plains were open in 1809 as well.

The carnage left more than 70.000 dead, wounded, or captured, and the fields seen above are still being investigated by archaeologists today.

Screenshot_20191220_110829_com.google.android.apps_.docs_.webp

Taleworlds: give us custom servers, we need them!
  9. TFK_Ted

Ted's Scene- & Mapping Workshop Vol.2

Being close to Vienna on vacation, I used the opportunity to visit the battlefield at Wagram. When it comes to creating historical battle maps, it's all about getting an understanding of topographic details. While online ressources might help, as demonstrated for Hougoumont, being there for real allows one to mindmap the area and see details which cannot be present on any overview map.

Check out this video to get an idea of how and where the battle unfolded:

Wagram and Russbach

I started at Deutsch-Wagram. They have a nice Museum there (http://www.wagram1809.at/index.htm) with really helpful staff who knows about the local area.

20210815_143218_-_Kopie.jpg

They had some really good maps of the battlefield there, which I will not share for copyright reasons. Taking photographs was allowed, but I forgot to ask whether it was ok to share these maps online.

I then took a stroll through Wagram and headed towards the Russbach, which separated the French and Austrian army and served as defensive position. A very interesting feature of that specific area near the town of Wagram is that the hedges are sunken in, quite contrary to what I would usually expect. It's obvious that this feature strengthens the defensive value of the position.

On the way from Wagram towards the Russbach, facing the French advance.
    20210815_143654_-_Kopie.jpg

A few further metres ahead, a crossing and following fork opens up two (!) ways parallel to the Russbach, which marks another important defensive feature: a second ditch behind the Russbach on the Austrian side! It appears on historical maps, but I was surprised about how deep it actually is. Water is present in some places, but not everywhere. The walls are full of trees and shrubbery, making the area a serious obstacle to any advance.

SkizzeRussbach.png

About 50 metres ahead from the last picture, looking back towards Wagram (note the sunken hedge on the right side and the churchtower) - [1 on the drawing]
    20210815_143743_-_Kopie.jpg

[2]
    20210815_143747_-_Kopie.jpg

[3]
    20210815_143822_-_Kopie.jpg

[4,5]
    20210815_143840_-_Kopie.jpg
    20210815_143956_-_Kopie.jpg

A panorama at the fork revels an additional advantage (or not so much due to picture quality, but I can guarantee you that it's there): Behind the Russbach on the Austrian side, there is a not very high, but partially steep hill all along today's road parallel to the Russbach. It exists on historical maps too, next to the historical road. The Austrians retreated there after the French broke into Wagram and Markgrafneusiedel.
    All in all, the Russbach must have been a superb defensive position, especially with the French being located on open fields without any significant ditches or obstacles that might serve as cover for the advance. That's depicted on historical maps and paintings too.

20210815_144426_-_Kopie.jpg

20210815_144606_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - note the second ditch on the panorama.
    20210815_144335_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - view towards Marktgrafneusiedel/French positions
    20210815_144110_-_Kopie.jpg

Russbach - view towards french positions between Raasdorf and Aderklaa
    20210815_144039_-_Kopie.jpg

With these and more impressions of the area around Wagram and the Russbach, I got back into my car and drove through Parbasdorf to Marktgrafneusiedel. All along the way, the hill along the road was there. Couldn't take pictures while driving, but one can see it on google maps streetview:

streetview.png

Marktgrafneusiedel

At Marktgrafneusiedel, the features of the terrain changed. The hedges there were not sunken in, but plain. In comparison to the Russbach, it's a way better area to attack - which Napoleon did.

Towards the Austrian left flank near Marktgrafneusiedel
    20210815_145548_-_Kopie.jpg

Towards the French far right at Marktgrafneusiedel

20210815_145552_-_Kopie.jpg

The hedges there really are not that much trouble in comparison to those near Wagram and the Russbach.
    20210815_145611_-_Kopie.jpg

View towards Marktgrafneusiedel from the French right flank.
    20210815_145824_-_Kopie.jpg

View towards the Russbach/Wagram (Russbach = where the trees are) from the French right flank.
    20210815_145817_-_Kopie.jpg

Near the French center, view towards Russbach.
    20210815_150106_-_Kopie.jpg

Raasdorf

I then walked to Raasdorf, where Napoleon had his HQ. The view towards Marktgrafneusiedel and Aderklaa is still great.

Looking from Raasdorf (French HQ) towards Aderklaa and Wagram.
    20210815_150658_-_Kopie.jpg

Understanding terrain

All in all, Wagram is a very interesting example of how terrain can dictate a battle.

The Russbach is a very strong position. Strong enough to force attacks against the towns of Aderklaa, Wagram, and Marktgrafneusiedel instead, which meant marching troops all the way over open fields under barrage. Even details such as ditches in hedges can make a serious difference when it comes to sheltering from fire. On the other hands, open fields allowed the great cavalry action that was seen at Wagram. As in many modern battlefields, the plains are very open today due to modern agriculture. However, at Wagram, these plains were open in 1809 as well.

The carnage left more than 70.000 dead, wounded, or captured, and the fields seen above are still being investigated by archaeologists today.

Screenshot_20191220_110829_com.google.android.apps_.docs_.webp

Taleworlds: give us custom servers, we need them!
  10. TFK_Ted

I'm no longer enjoying this game

You didn't get anything wrong. You rather got everything right.
  11. TFK_Ted

Bannerlord was a grift

If you are a MP modder and are itching to start the real work on a MP mod, you need to know these things, or you may think they'll just sit on this indefinitely and they are wasting your time by their lack of timely action. A rational decision would be to give up.
    That's exactly what's happening. Many have already abandoned work, many will follow, and quite frankly, I expect that many won't come back, simply because there is no reason to spend our FREE time fixing this ****hole for a company who apparently doesn't want to allow us to do so anyways. They are wasting our time. And that's not just MP, that's SP too. If Taleworlds doesn't release the stuff we need, and doesn't even tell us why, then the only thing I can think of at this point is that they either don't care or are too incompetent to care. There really is not that much left motivating modders to fix this mess. People like Phantom acting all superior and "be patient111!11!" along the way don't help either.

Oh btw, @Phantom425 , go on, waste some more of your time by "having the last word", as you always want to do that anyways.

058AA72DB0E6227F5234F905853163A8494BBBE2

D6275C48575AEC3C68992D978CFD28551E88E842
  12. TFK_Ted

Ted's Scene- & Mapping Workshop Vol.2

Head here for Warband and related mods: [WB][NW][PW] - Ted's Scene- & Mapping-Workshop Heyho, although I have not worked on Bannerlord for months due to its current development, I still wanted to share some pictures of how Hougoumont came to live for Sword & Musket. The Bannerlord engine...
  13. TFK_Ted

What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Regardless of the roles, I think that we are going to need a new developer that works closely with the community or else the game will be in trouble.

There does seem to be growing concern in the community about the state of this game, and yes, to an extent people are getting frustrated.

"going to need"
    "will be"
    "does seem"
    "are getting"

Mate, you are five years late.
  14. TFK_Ted

B Medieval Fantasy A World of Ice and Fire: The Known World

Just an FYI that i have started posting blogs over on our webpage for the Bannerlord and Warband versions of the modification.

What else to say but great work once again! Adding Matthos to Davos' party was a good call imo.
Top Bottom