Recent content by teuton

1. SP - Battles & Sieges AI can shoot through floors

as it reads: during siege battle, when climbing one of the towers, AI bowmen and crossbowmen (imperial) were able to shoot through the tower floors upwards. EDIT: Stairs apparently can block arrows from below, but the floor cannot.
  2. SP - Battles & Sieges Bug report: Some walls are bugged.

Imperial settlement siege, some walls next to stairs are bugged in that they can be passed through. On some occasions enemy troops have gotten inside the wall because of this. Pic from Ortysia siege.
  3. SP - UI Smithing UI improvement

Players have a tough time because the game cannot properly recognize fine, masterwork and legendary crafted items. Besides mechanical fix that would separate them from other crafted items with an inventory tag, it'd be useful if those items had a different coloured border in the picture. This...
  4. Player faction, Player troop tree

Warband mod
    Simple, just give the player a set of equipment to choose from and a gold cap for each tier. Smithing could unlock new weapons so you could really customize their ****.

Better yet, lock new weapons/armour behind achievements like beating a certain character or owning a hardwood producing village for strongbows or having high honor or low honor.
    Warband mod 1257 AD did this, but it resulted in each tier of troop being sub par.
    Achievement locking might work to a degree, but i feel like it'd be more useful to have them locked behind certain tiers of leadership, steward or smithing.
  5. Need More Info "Southern Ornamental Pommel" is messed up

It's textures appear to be inside out, as if its outer side was invisible.
  6. Player faction, Player troop tree

Yup. Pretty sure it might break the game, if you could equip your own troops with weapons you smith yourself, but on the other hand that would lend a reason for smithing to exist.
    Get those not-Aserai archers behind your not-imperium shieldwall, have your not-vlandian cavalry mow over your enemy and your not-sturgian berserkers break their lines.

anything can be tweaked and not everyone wants to min-max the hell out of those troops.
    Some people just want more customizeability.
  7. What is the Empire’s Strength Supposed to Be?

Supposedly they are a representative of the Byzantine Empire and would have much more advanced tech, possessing flaming grenades, primitive flamethrowers and just better armor, weapons and siegecraft.
  8. Player faction, Player troop tree

As the title says, i'm heavily of the mind that when players make their own faction, they ought to be able to make their own troop tree. Just so i can make my parthian horde again, or some nut makes only varangian guards. What is your opinion and is this a reasonable request to make of the devs?
  9. SP - Battles & Sieges Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

Yup. Menavlion is an universally great weapon here. it is perfect on horseback and readily usable on foot.
    Especially mounted with two hands it can dish out one hit kills at long ranges with easy hits thanks to the swing attack.
    It is however a bit on the slow side, depending on which menavlion we talk about that is, and to an extent can be superceded by a long poled two handed axe (which is my fav on my viking themed warrior)
  10. Battles are Borked

I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not, but i've started to experience horrible lag spikes after the last patch. Current siege battle is almost unplayable because of the laggy spikes and invaders are refusing to go up the ladders, instead just holing up under the murderhole.
  11. SP - Battles & Sieges Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

Look.

I understand that the sword was probably really common amongst cavalrymen. Infact... I know it was. But it simply wasn't the most common primary weapon used by ancient cavalry. It might have been, if you're specifically JUST talking western cultures (Roman, Greek, Persian, Briton, etc) or even more modern cavalry (Civil war cav typically used pistols and a cutless) but it absolutely was not the most common PRIMARY weapon cavalry used throughout all of human history. In fact - the flail was more common than a lance - if we're talking the crusades. The crossbow was the most common cavalry weapon - if we're talking ancient china.

I'd list my sources, but I really don't care enough to put any more time or energy into this. Just know that saying "Swords were the most common weapon of cavalry" is wrong. It isn't, no matter how much you want it to be. It doesn't make sense.

My issue was with calling halberds or pollaxes cavalry weapons, which they definitively were not.
    I can, will and provably do say that swords were more prevalent cavalry weapons, because every single mounted warrior carried a sidearm.
    Not every mounted warrior used spears or spear -like polearms. On this there is no doubt.

As to the PRIMARY weapon, many mounted warriors in history did carry swords and axes as primary weapons, but their number was not large.
    Spear has been the single most prevalent and popular primary weapon throughout human history from the earliest flint work weapons, to the late renessaince, be it cavalry or infantry.

I'd make a comprehensive list of sources, but being the learned fellow that you are, you probably already know them by heart.
  12. SP - Battles & Sieges Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

Actually the poleaxe was the most common cavalry weapon, followed by the lance.

Medieval Europe lances were the most common, but out east it was polearms (namely the moon sword, which was a poleaxe, and other 2 handed weapons)

They only switched to one handed weapons when their polearm broke. And if you think about it, it makes sense to want distance between you and your enemy, especially when youre on a horse that can get away and maintain that distance.

But I do agree with you about warband.
    1 handed weapons were the way to go on horseback
    Once we go back to period of 500 BC and 1000 AD, a notable period of time, the single most prominent melee weapon of a cavalryman has been the sword. Greek companion cavalry, west roman equites, east roman comes, anglic war chariots, alani horsemen, persian camel riders all of these favoured one handed melee weapons, swords or axes mostly, precisely because spears and lances could break and leave the warrior with... you guessed it, with only their secondary weapon, a sword or an axe.
    Out of all polearms, spears and lancae were the uncontested favourites.

Pollaxes didn't come into picture before the turn of the 14th to 15th century and by then it was an infantry weapon wielded by armored combatants to defeat other armored combatants.
  13. List some of your absolute "Wat?" moments in the game so far.

I swing my lance back and forth. dealing >100 damage each swing.
    I stab at thee with my lance. <50 damage.
    wat.
  14. How much do the modifiers "fine," "masterwork," and "legendary" add to crafted weapons?

I've been grinding smithing, and it takes a looong while to get over 250.
    as of now, the "fine", "masterwork" and "legendary" attributes DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!
    in crafting screen it shows that you can gain up to +4 bonus to between 1-5 stats, but when you exit the smithy screen and look at your inventory, the boosts don't stick.
    This makes crafting essentially useless, not counting the niche part where you by chance get a tier 5 part early on and can make some good steel.
    ..or that you really want to make that customized great axe to fit your viking warrior.

Devs HAVE sped up the rate you unlock new parts, though, so that helps a bit.

If a dev is looking at this, you'd need to make crafting more useful, not by speeding up levelling, but by making stat buffs and penalties more common.
  15. Please remove smithing tiredness mechanic

Also agreed to a point. I'm not completely against removing it, but think that it'd better work by reducing the stamina cost by a bunch.
    I went and tried smithing with cheat engine and it took me over 1000 coal and various other materials to raise smithing to 100 and unlock a handful of parts.
    This progress is way too slow, even by M&B standards, even if the end rewards for getting over 200 skill are pretty good.
Back
Top Bottom