Recent content by Teknoviking

1. Need More Info Playing as Rhagaea, Can I not form an independent kingdom?

Summary: Warning: Yes, I'm playing with mods. But I honestly don't think this is due to mods. Long story short, my main character was killed (in a really epic battle) and was married to Rhagaea. I decided to make her the successor of the clan and declared the kingdom independent. Now every...
  2. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

My companions aren't all that useful in a fight, generally speaking, but I can't just leave my doctor, quartermaster, and pregnant wife back with the baggage train like any sane commander would.

That means I have to try to keep them from getting killed. The best way I've found is to either give them a bow and surround them with Fian Champions or give them a horse and have them follow me. I wouldn't care that much if they were just brawlers - those are a dime a dozen - but doctors and traders are hard to find.

Why do I have to bring noncombatants into combat at all...?
    Because they are your merry companions and have your back! LOL.
  3. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I like the new system, but why can't I assign roles to companions anymore? My strategy to keep them alive is to make them archers or have them follow me. That no longer seems to be an option.

Anyway, my vote is new system with more granularity in the controls.
    Yeah that was my strategy too and I loved the immersive feel of having my companions as my personal honour guard. I miss them. Now I can only wave at them from afar on the battle field and my extra layer of protection is gone. They used to watch my back when those pesky knights came lancing from behind.
  4. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I'm surprised more people aren't frustrated by this. An easy way to group troops by type and culture seems like a no brainer. Also a way of grouping your companions into their own unit. Oh well, I guess I'm in the super minority on this one. :sad:
  5. Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

Sign this if you agree. The new method of pre battle troop assignments before a battle as opposed to in the party screen is cool, but what is missing is the ability to separate cultural troop types. Unless I'm doing it wrong it seems like you can only create squads of troop types but not...
  6. Resolved (1.7.0) No troop types assignment in the party screen?

Can we not have it both ways? I do like setting this up before I go into battle and knowing my party battle order beforehand. Also the new way is a major step backwards in my opinion. For example, I used to like using my companions as an honour guard and now I can't form them into their own unit. Also loved to organize my units by culture, can't do that anymore. The new system is way more limiting and takes away from game play. Unless I'm using it wrong, I can't figure out how it's an improvement.
  7. Resolved I'm a ghost now!

Summary: My character was executed by the AI and I was forced to choose an heir. I choose my brother and the game crashed. I logged back in and I can see a shield icon and the number zero (indicating there's no one there). I can click around and move across the board (like a character)...
  8. Resolved My husband won't put a baby in me!

I'll wait a little bit longer and see what's up. Maybe call my hubby back to a castle and spend some time. OR, maybe he thinks I'm ugly?? LOL.
  9. Resolved My husband won't put a baby in me!

I've posted about this before and it got resolved. However, once again I've been married for quite a while now and producing children seems to be but a fleeting dream.
  10. Resolved Am I barren or is he impotent? My kingdom needs an heir!

Tried to get preggers again but still the same. I'm trying on a third game but I don't have much faith. I guess my seed is a dud. Or maybe my wife is barren? Perhaps I should Henry the 8th her?
  11. Resolved Am I barren or is he impotent? My kingdom needs an heir!

Playing as a female character and I've been married for a while but no babies. Is this part of the game broken? I'm starting to get old and the kingdom needs an heir!
  12. Resolved SOLVED - Main mission broken

Oh I see. That worked. I'd suggest making this more intuitive. I never would have guessed this. Before you just had to complete the mission for your kingdom to become independent.
  13. Resolved Create a non-imperial kingdom without creating a kingdom?

I've been having this issue for a while now. Looks like more people are reporting it.
  14. Resolved SOLVED - Main mission broken

I have played through a whole other game and the problem still persists. I have all the criteria to start a non-imperial kingdom but when I go to cash in with Azagos he has only one option "I wonder which imperial kingdom you will support" and then gives me no options.
Back
Top Bottom