Recent content by Ezkia

1. Ezkia

SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

I'm done, I lost all hope. Bannerlord is being released and battles being the main feature and still having this problem tells me clearly what TaleWorlds priorities are. Bye guys, I might look back again in three years. It really hurts, growing up playing Mount and Blade since I was 12 year after year looking at it with the same eyes... can't be more dissapointed with the secuel, I'm sorry. There are much more things to do in life.
  2. Ezkia

SP - General The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION]

collision has been an issue since forever, but the biggest offender isn't even infantry, that one is maneageable to some degree, the worst is actually cavalry charging through units as if there was nothing there, be them friendly or foe... They only stop if the ridiculous prancing effect comes into play by someone stabbing the horse, which's also quite ridiculous considering the rider gets stun-locked until the animation finishes (feels extremely uncanny)

So far I feel TW doesn't give a F about it because it should've been patched to be properly tested, if in 2 years it wasn't done, I think they want to shoehorn this crap at all costs.
    Sadly, your last state seems true... I hope I'm wrong, but seeing that most of the community hasn't even noticed this problem and seing that patch after patch TaleWorlds isn't able to solve this problem, which WORKED WELL ON 2016, makes me think that we won't see a proper solution for it. Which also makes me think if I should just hide the game from my steam library and play Warband instead...
  3. Ezkia

Another patch, and the same problem prevails... I just won't play the game and neither recommend it until this issue gets fixed, sorry.

Edit: Still no news about this? This is the only reason I have a negative review on steam right now.
  4. Ezkia

The issue comes from the collision resolving code - if we "smoothen" it too much then that allows agents to pass through walls and other objects. That's why we made the resolving code "harder" (Gamescom 2016 video gameplay vs now). Think of it as a tradeoff between the smoothness of collision resolution and the strictness of clipping into something. It's possible to resolve this tradeoff but at the cost of performance in sieges. We have made some improvements on the AI agent movement though which should aid with the "jittering" issue and you can expect those with a future patch. Overall, I can say that we're still working on this issue both from the physics and the AI perspectives.
    I'm scared but it is really nice to read that you are working on that, thank you very much for the information!
  5. Ezkia

What? The problems of Bannerlord are exaclty due to the Warband "heritage".
    Im talking about the problem explained on this post. You have two videos, one from 2016 and an actual one of Bannerlord, go try Warband's custom battle and tell me that unit body collision and mass is exactly the same as it is right now on Bannerlord and that melee fights on Warband were that weird. They of course didn't look beautiful with good animation and graphics, but the melee was pretty clean.
  6. Ezkia

I have been playing Warband this last week and I reasure this is a big problem that must be fixed in Bannerlord, Warband big melee fights feel great, how is it posible to have missed this part on Bannerlord? Feelsbadman.
  7. Ezkia

At this stage of the game it is illusory to think of hypothetical feature additions for Native beyond what we find here, sadly. That said, there are fundamental issues... things so basic that Taleworlds cannot delegate to the modding community; issues from what we are dealing with here, through ai, damage/protection formula...etc to stability on MP servers, optimisation... etc (a long etc).

While it is true that the guys from RBM have managed to minimize (but still perceptible shaking friction) the effect of jittering by adjusting capsule colliders and "telling the bot" not to push "so much" through code; it is only of mandatory urgency that Taleworlds and no other fixes this problem comprehensively as it is a basic and primal problem that affects the core of the Native game itself.

giphy.gif
    I just don't understand how is it possible to have a problem like that 2 years after release when it has been working well on 2016... I can't understand...
  8. Ezkia

I really hope TM that patch 1.7.2 is taking that long in order to fix this problem... I do really hope...

Edit: as a pretty bad skilled modder, I belive that the problem remains on ally troops pushing each other. Is there any way to turn that off from the ".xml" files? I believe that somebody would have done it and that's why we don't have it. If it is hardcoded, don't do Devs have the tool to turn it off as it was seen on 2016? Maybe a setting to turn it off just to see how the game performs I don't really know.
  9. Ezkia

Would it be possible for you to bring it up internally again and report back to us with atleast some snippets of information? That would be great!
    That would be great.

Since early acces came out the game seemed to have tons of features for "new" players coming to the series, things like going through your units, hitmarkers, battle bar on top of the screen, aim correction,... we all know them. I'm cool with that as long as they can be disabled, but right now many of them lower the gameplay experience so much for those who have been playing those games for many years, to the point that I have never finished a Bannerlord campaign... We can handle most of those features, but man, this unit collision problem/feature (I still don't know if it is intended) is the main problem for me.
  10. Ezkia

If any issue is work in progress it is won't be on the list. IF you have a technical support board thread of that said issue I can take a look with details.
    Or if none is working on it and it is not planned to be fixed, it won't also be on the list. So which one is? Will we finally have that experience we saw back on 2016 or will we have to wait gor a great modder to do it? Don't get me wrong, if it takes 5 years to be fixed by taleworlds I'm ok with that, what worries me the most is thinking that battles play like that right now due to develoment decisions.
  11. Ezkia

Agreed, there were usually ways out of the pack in Warband, plus if you were really desperate you could always order your troops out of the way.

Getting stuck once in a while is far preferable to the massive immersion hit the game takes when every single mass melee combat involves high speed jigglin'.
    Can't agree more.
  12. Ezkia

Under "combat & combat ai"

I think they are referring to the issue presented on this thread. My guess is that it's low priority so we shouldn't see any type of temporary workaround or fix any time soon. Maybe next year, unironically and no criticizing intended, it is what it is.
    It isn't on that list anymore...

Any news on this problem? It is the main gamebreaking experience by far...

Now, what can we do about that? Is it any way to mod this?
  13. Ezkia

The Big Problem with Combat: Unit collision and mass

Exactly! Then he brought it here and a moderator merged his thread with mine. A very complete combined thread where with the help of other users we brought the spotlight upon the obvious problems that still persist to this day... ruining the playable experience imho.
    I'm going to check it right now! I will be working on that as I'm unable to play the game right now without it.
  14. Ezkia

The Big Problem with Combat: Unit collision and mass

Coincidence or inspiration? :lol: Whatever, everything we said in The Big Problem with Combat -- Unit collision and mass [FIX / SUGGESTION] back then still stands. It is a pity that none of this has been addressed to date.
    Big inspiration from the reddit post, thank you for the link!
Back
Top Bottom