Recent content by TechnoSarge

1. TechnoSarge

Resolved Slow Reinforcements in Sieges

I AM IN A NEW CAMPAIGN AND ARMIES AND GARRISONS ARE NOT AT THE SIZE I HAD ABOVE.
    I TAKE IT THE DEVS ARE WISHFULLY HOPING THE BAD BEHAVIOR WENT AWAY WITHOUT ACTUALLY HAVING WORKED ON IT. SORRY - I CAN'T CONFIRM EITHER WAY.
  2. TechnoSarge

Did They Change Marriage?

@veronicaaltoids My character is in his late 20's, and I didn't really consider marriage earlier. Now that the Encyclopedia hides data on personalities you haven't met yet, I needed to circulate and meet the ladies. I actually put together a candidate list of seven, and Abagai was the closest with whom we were not at war.
  3. TechnoSarge

It worked! No sweat! And since my army only contained companion bands. I reconstituted it directly after my marriage for free.
    Buying Tulag's permission was only 28K.

Thanks for that tip!
  4. TechnoSarge

Well, yes! If that is the way of it, I guess I can dissolve my army long enough to do the deed. Had no idea that was an issue. I'll try it.
  5. TechnoSarge

I'm wanting to marry Abagai. I figure I'm an OK prospect - leading a clan that is Tier V, I have nine cities and six castles, almost 2 million denars. I also have a Charm of 194 and a relationship with her of 28. I visited her and could find no option to express interest. Per recommendations...
  6. TechnoSarge

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Regarding "Statement V" -
    I laid off BL for a matter of months, but I'm back and I was going to ask about recent changes...In my current game as a Khuzaiti vassal, I am dripping in fiefs! I have 6 cities and 5 castles at present, only because Western Empire invaded while I was busy in Sturgia and took another castle from me.

I've never seen such giveaways before. I have taken to turning down right of conquering offers for places I take, and when the matter comes up in council, I find I'm the prime candidate. I usually poll >50% and number 2 is in the low 20's. They love me and apparently want to keep me happy.

The bad thing is: the swarming behavior I so detested in my last playthrough has already started, and I'm not even faction leader. Monchug is still in the field. We always have 2 kingdoms warring with us. I seriously want some downtime. I need to go on a recruiting drive. My armies suck up anyone nearby with a decent number of troops and I dismiss them when they get depleted. My own warband is loaded with top-tier troops and doesn't suffer much, but my companion-led bands can't keep up with me even though I throw them every man I recruit, except for ex-prisoners.

A year or so ago I had to stand by and see my conquests awarded to nobles who weren't even there... and who fail to defend them. Now, I can't put enough influence into another candidate for a fief to swing the vote his way over me. So what happened? This is the last pinned update on the forum and is dated May of last year.
  7. TechnoSarge

Did Battle Command "Advance" Change?

Damn! Tried it again, with the 2 archers left - I said Advance and then I went forward with them. They only left room to fire one arrow, then began slowly to retreat when the Looters were almost to their bows. I switched them to Disengage but they still dragged their feet enough to get caught. One dead Archer, one Wounded Trained Archer. What's going on??

Just had a brainstorm... I'm trying Realistic Battle Mod, and maybe that is changing the dynamics. Possible?
  8. TechnoSarge

Did Battle Command "Advance" Change?

I laid off BL some months and now I've started a new campaign. In my last two battles with Looters, I lost archers after using "Advance." (I don't normally put my archers in vulnerable positions, but they are ones needing to farm kills and level up in my band at the moment.) Formerly, they went...
  9. TechnoSarge

Resolved Game Shows Army Cohesion Incorrectly

As I said in my original post, yes, I uploaded such a save. I always report first, upload second, so I can give the URL of the bug report in the Save file upload. You should have had the save last July 18.
    BUT...
    I found a Shibl Zumr siege save that apparently led to the cited problem. So I let it run and even with the current version modules, the problem recurs! So I've made a new save at the point it can be tested.

Do this:
    Load save. I've now lost 4 parties and my Cohesion is -3.38. An enemy army is creaming the first one that left me, but 3 others are unengaged and nearby.
    Without unpausing, exit the siege so you can re-enlist parties.
    Open Army Management. You have 6 parties remaining and a Cohesion of -3.38.
    Sort by distance. You will have parties by Furnhard, Ospir, and Ingunde unengaged nearby. Re-enlist them. Notice on the Army Management screen it now reports 40 for Cohesion. As before, if you hover the pointer there it will report -3.38.
    Click Done. Now you should have 9 parties at Cohesion 40. (You don't - Cohesion is still negative)
    If you unpause now, the nearby parties will head for you and may actually join you, but you're still at Cohesion -3.38 and parties continue to leave you. Your supposed Cohesion of 40 was never registered by the game.

I have already uploaded my fresh file, called Shibl Zumr Breakdown.
  10. TechnoSarge

EVERYTHING is FIXED Now!

We started from the oldest topics first and then gradually come to the recent reports. We are not trying to "close" old reports or anything.
    I hope this answers your questions/doubts. Feel free to leave a reply if you have any more questions.
    Thanks.
  11. TechnoSarge

EVERYTHING is FIXED Now!

@MArdA TaleWorlds I was used to getting annotations to my bug reports that said words to the effect of "the devs have made a fix and it will appear in the next version." I celebrated those notices! And I expected that each report would (eventually) be ended with such a notice.

So now I have to ask why threads are being flagged "NEED MORE INFO." I called up one such of mine, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-shows-army-cohesion-incorrectly.452830/
    and looked at the thread. I replied on Dec 2 that it was still happening in the current version and that was the last entry on the thread, yet the flag wasn't changed, and by your logic, is available to close out without further effort.

Contrary to "created when the game was first launched on EA nearly 3 years ago" this thread was one I opened last July, and I gave pretty good screenshot evidence, too.

I'm not going to go through all my bug reports for more instances.
  12. TechnoSarge

I Skipped the Big Conspiracy Quest. Mistake?

If you use your fiefs to create new clans you will be just fine. Use them all and then you will always be on the ballot for the next one and can keep making clans as long as you can find wanderers. This is how you can overrun the AI even though they never go away and don't have to ever do anything but attack you.
    Are you saying that you just sign up companions and make them lords? I didn't know that was possible.
  13. TechnoSarge

I Skipped the Big Conspiracy Quest. Mistake?

I hated the Dragon Banner quest on my earlier run-throughs (I think I'm on my fifth (sixth?)) This time I ignored all this banner business. I have a piece but haven't sought the other. I leave the sages untalked-to. I went through a lengthy period as a loyal and most productive vassal of...
Back
Top Bottom