Recent content by tchaik

1. Resolved Looter party size is not the same as displayed on map (no wounded or prisoners)

Thanks, I've uploaded it. I'm pretty sure I saved it without mods, but I definitely tested it without mods.
  2. Resolved Looter party size is not the same as displayed on map (no wounded or prisoners)

Summary: Random looter parties are sometimes smaller than the number displayed on the map. For example, I am attacking a looter party of 110 on the campaign map, but their actual size on the battle map is 74. How to Reproduce: I don't really know, it just started happening now and then. I'm...
  3. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Please inform us of family members and companions who are about to die

It would be nice to know that they are parting and to prepare appropriately. The main character is given this opportunity. This would be especially nice for RP'ing. It's saddening that you only get to know from the daily tick. No last good-byes!
  4. In Progress Formations get messed up when reinforcements arrive

Summary: When reinforcements arrive during a large battle, formations are changed with no input from the player. For example, if I put my archers in loose formation in a long line, they will later bunch up into more of a square shape when reinforcements arrive. This SEVERELY disrupts the...
  5. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

Just wanted to point out again that the game mechanics need to be addressed before considering the immersion of being a vassal in a feudal society. The last few times my companion parties were called to an army, that army either kept ping-ponging from the town gate to inside the town/similar thing sieging an enemy for most of the army's duration, or marching aimlessly while they ran out of food. My troops keep getting thrown away by the AI. I'd like more control over my parties instead of writing them off as 'just another AI party only to be used to pad numbers'.
  6. In Progress Formation numbers aren't kept in armies led by me

This bug has been here since 1.5.6, if not earlier.

IIRC, here's one of the things that can cause this bug to trigger: when you have a stack of troops set to a group other than their default, and you receive more troops of that type (e.g. from a garrison), that can reset that group.
    That sounds like that could be it. I often transfer troops between clan parties.

Okay I've just found out one way I can reproduce it, at least on the battlefield. Both me and my clan party leader (my brother) have falxmen. I have my falxmen set to formation II. I also gave my brother his falxmen. If my brother has more of this unit than I do, and we fight a battle together, the unit will default to its original formation. If I have more than he, it will use the formation I've set. I don't know at what point the unit will reset formation for me, but it has and does at some point.
  7. In Progress Formation numbers aren't kept in armies led by me

Hi, I don't know the exact steps for it to happen, I just know that I lose the formations I put certain troops in at some point. It actually happens without an army. For example, I've been putting my crossbows in formation IV and my veteran falxmen in formation II for quite awhile now. I've just noticed my falxmen reverted to formation I out of the blue. I've had them in my party for a long time now and haven't created a single army in this playthrough, so I don't know exactly how it happens.

I'm hesitant to install 1.6.2 at this time since I don't want to mess with my current playthrough.
  8. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

Look, I get the "real-world implications" and "historical significance", but the thing is this game mechanic is frustrating and diminishes the fun of the game. I'm approaching 1000 hours in this game, and every playthrough I am still frustrated by this mechanic. I'm sure dozens of people could argue for or against changing it based on "what real kingdoms would do", but just give players some more options and minimize the un-fun and frustrating mechanics.
  9. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

It´s forcing you to follow some kind of feudal code and contract. We can discuss the implementation if you want but I´m happy there is a feudal contract in the game of some kind and a suggestion only to get rid of it(for the player) can't expect to be supported. And hey, your main party is allready excluded.

I´d like a solution with partyroles. Among secondary parties, one must be available for service in the name of the realm. More than one can be. It could be a checkbox on the clanscreen, party-tab. If the last such party goes down and there are still secondary parties in your clan, within a day or two that party will be your warparty unless you create a new.
    I think there could be an influence malus (or bonus for letting all your parties join armies). I.e., if you have 3 companion parties that you disallow from joining lords' armies, you could get -x influence/day, possibly growing (to a maximum) based on number of days. On the other hand, if you allow them to join, you could gain a small(er) bonus in a similar fashion. This fits within the game's mechanics and feudalism/vassal stuff.

In the end, though, all I want is some more control and a damned option. Otherwise make the companion parties fully AI and don't let me give them specific troops. The half-half that's implemented makes things extremely frustrating: "cool I can control what troops I give my clan parties! I can have one be cav, one be archers, and I'll make sure my companions have captain perks in those areas! Awesome--wait, what? the AI is taking my party and there isn't anything I can do about it besides disbanding their WHOLE army? I just spent hours tailoring my parties! Only way around it is to not have parties or to be a king and constantly have them in your army? What!?"

p.s.: companion parties auto-donating and auto-taking to/from your garrison is also frustrating. Especially because there are so many menus to go through over and over. Again, you get a bit of control, but the clan party ai mostly ignores it.
  10. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

I agree with this, if we introduce a way for players to withhold their parties being used, the other clans can penalize them for not helping the war effort. As a vassal (or even as the faction leader) you have obligations to the realm you belong to
    I agree with this, if we introduce a way for players to withhold their parties being used, the other clans can penalize them for not helping the war effort. As a vassal (or even as the faction leader) you have obligations to the realm you belong to.
    Yea that's fine and all, I get that 'other lords wouldn't like it if I don't contribute'. But they're just code or imagination, and I'm the guy sitting behind the computer trying to enjoy the game. I'm fine with some penalty, a payment to the kingdom or whatever. The current army system is either forcing me to play in a very particular way by always having my companions in my army/not having companion parties (boring and frustrating), or by letting my companion parties act like every other AI party in the game (also boring and frustrating). The current system is narrowing playstyles and isn't fun. As I said, it's super frustrating to level particular troops that you want only for your companion party to be called to throw them away. The AI doesn't spend their real life leisure time doing these things. I shouldn't have to be pushed into playing the same way as the AI just to avoid frustrations they don't even experience.
  11. In Progress Formation numbers aren't kept in armies led by me

Summary: I've set all my crossbows to IV and all my archers to II in my party. When I invite my companion party leaders, the formation numbers are often ignored. Also it's really annoying that I can't keep the captains I want, it makes leveling companions for certain captain perks useless and...
  12. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

I hate this mechanic. I spend a lot of time grooming and leveling my troops to give to my garrisons and companion parties. I hate that the AI can summon my clan parties and throw the troops away on a whim. No, I don't want to have them in my army 24/7. I know there are ways to work around...
  13. Resolved Caravans continuously go between Akkalat and Odokh

Okay so my 'fix' is very temporary. After 100 sumpters and mules are in each town again, the ping-ponging mostly resumes.
  14. Resolved Caravans continuously go between Akkalat and Odokh

So I went around to most towns with horse producing villages attached/nearby, and there are just thousands of mules and sumpters at these towns. If it caused the ping-ponging in Odokh and Akkalat, it must be disrupting other trade routes, too. Especially if two towns with a large horse supply are nearby to one another.
  15. Resolved Caravans continuously go between Akkalat and Odokh

I've been trying to wrap my head around why this is happening (without looking at the code). I've tried switching the workshops to all different types of options, changing the surrounding towns' workshops, buying all the trade & food items at both Odokh and Akkalat, and buying all the trade & food items at surrounding towns and selling them to Odokh and Akkalat, but nothing seemed to work.

I then noticed both Odokh and Akkalat had about 1000 sumpter horses and 1000 mules at each town. So I bought those and then slaughtered them all. I sold the meat back to each town. This immediately cleared up the caravan ping-ponging! I think there's an issue where both towns have extremely similar village production, i.e. sheep, horses, clay, and ore. (actually most of the Khuzait towns produce these things...) But especially the horses. There is so much sumpter and mule production in Calradia that thousands can accumulate at horse-producing towns. Maybe the caravans have trouble with this because they want to buy pack animals and horses for profit at both towns.
Back
Top Bottom