Recent content by Tawny

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.6.4

I'm also having the issue with all children looking like monsters in 1.6.4, from the day they are born (don't know if it changes with time).
  2. Arbitrary restrictions that make the mid game feel frustrating

I love the dialogue format, and I agree with your points OP. A lot of the mechanics in BL are good ideas in isolation, they just don't work together in a good way.
  3. Troops Evaluation

And Khuzaits as always most dangerous and unfun enemy to play against, their masses of cavalry turn every encounter in bloody mess with inevitable heavy losses. I just auto-resolve them mostly, because this fights really un-enjoyable. I can't think of good solution there.
    A good chunk of pikemen in the archer formations works well (Tercio style). Use a loose square formation (F2 - F5, F2 - F3) and make sure it is a square, not a rectangle, as that will make them shuffle to face the enemy rather than pivot on the spot.

Glad the single quiver on the palatines were pointed out, that seems so out of place. Regarding the wildlings vs oathsworn, I wish the skirmishers had more ammo and maybe no shield even (for more ammo).

The lack of nobles in armies seems to come from the recruitment system where the AI hoovers up recruits rather than wait for them to "become" nobles. I hope the system gets revised so that the recruits start as nobles, so the AI can field them.
  4. New Idea for Clan Party Recruitment Control.

That would be great, especially if it would let you limit the total amount of troops too.

I've been avoiding clan parties until I can get them into my army because they recruit too many troops which drives the costs right up as they never catch anything they can actually beat.
  5. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Yeah I'd like that too. I think the main problem with it now is how out of touch the requirement are with how NPC wanderers actually are and how little they grow in skills. Like they just made something up without knowing what skill spreads usually look like or they looked at a lord's and saw they have 200 in all combat skills and think that's' normal. The there's the ones that just scale out of control, like the "buy me stuff ones" at first they okay but soon they want a companion with unrealistic trade and amounts of things that are just too much for the player in a timely manner. Sometimes there just aren't 40 cows too.
    I think this is broken now, I never get to assign companions with trade skill in 1.5.9, the game tells me I have none even if they are above the skill requirements.
  6. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.9

Yeah they need to revise the (or just eliminate?) the quest requirements if they expect players to do the quests.
    "you don't have enough men..." Oh that's sound like the what the garrison of the town I just took said too, what do you know 'headman'?
    "You need a companion 150 trade to do this quest" to buy ****ing cows? But you own 40 cows then!
    "You need a companion with 150 in all 3 melee skills...." NO NO I DON'T!
    :You have a quest that might conlfict...." **** I'm multitasking!
    :grin:
    They also decide you can't train troops when you have a full roster, even though you have qualified companions who you want to use for this. Meaning you must disband some troops first (reported that first in the 1.5.4 beta). The game also wont let you know companion requirements if you don't have companions. And it doesn't show you dispatched parties (for quests), so you have to guess about your party limit.

I posted a suggestion to clean up or remove quest requirements in the suggestions section 5 months ago, but so far no luck.
  7. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestions to make the recruitment system more rewarding

1. But would this not also exclude them from some high tier troops? Because these are usually on the right site.

2. Can't argue with that. Although having a decent way to get companions to the respective skill levels would also be good. I mean many perks for example are meant for governors. So it necessary to reach them some day.

3. With my imperial char right now I've quite a lot of nobel imperial troops and much more equite prisoners. I got them mostly through said quest in peace times. But the question remains wether it should be necessary in the first place.

I like your protector suggestion very much, even if if was not necessary. At least as a Lord of a town or vastle you could be able to send a companion and maybe some troops to secure the village. These could also work as a potential although limited defense against raiders.
    It is true that it would lock out the AI from some noble troops, but they already have so very few due to recruiting before the troops become nobles (at least I think that is the reason). It is certainly something I would like to see addressed.

I am trying to suggest tweaks to the existing system rather than large changes, because I think that has a better chance of being considered. If I were to dream a little I would like to have noble recruitment tied to being a landed noble. Perhaps by removing Disciplinarian and have noble recruitment be from walled fiefs, and only for the clan that controls the fief. That is probably debatable too for some reason I can't see right now :smile:
  8. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Suggestions to make the recruitment system more rewarding

One of the potentially great systems in the game is the recruitment system, with notables rising or falling in power and handing out quests that contribute towards this. Currently the potential is not realized due to several factors. Issue 1: As you reach higher clan levels you don't have as...
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

On 1.54 with latest hotfix:
    The manual laborers quest sometimes wont let me hand over prisoners, instead I get the menu where I can hand over troops. I collapsed the troop tab and the prisoner tab isn't there.
    Also there is no progress bar when exiting a scene, I think there was one before 1.54.
  10. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

"Extortion by Deserters" in Empire villages (maybe Empire-controlled, I can't recall now) provides 1-5 Imperial Heavy Horsemen per deserter party.
    True, and remember to bring a surgeon with doctors oath so they survive to be captured. And the villages only need empire culture (at least in 1.53, I doubt that has changed).

Most village recruits get harvested by the AI before they have time to become wigla. Maybe they could start as wigla or something, just to encourage the logical way of recruiting rather than relying so heavily on capture. I didn't know about that mission until fairly recently.

I got three nobles from villages in 200 days in my 1.54 playthrough, and I now have 40 cataphracts (10 or so lost in battle as well).
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.4

I have some input on village quests:

1. The train troops quest will not let you assign a companion to handle it unless you have room in your party. Rather than check against your party size it should go straight to "One of my men can handle that". For now, if your party is full you must disband troops no matter how you want to handle the quest.

2. The quest difficulty increase over time (clan level?) makes it so that eventually companions can't handle tasks anymore, because you can't level them enough to meet the requirements.
  12. Nerfing bows by giving everyone shields was one of the worst changes ever made to this game / share your best battle strategies with me

As far as I understood defeated lord take troops from garrisons to refill their parties... it seems a right mechanic to me. The problem for me is being able to have this garrison reserves without going bankrupted.
    They probably do take from garrisons when defeated, but my point was that they come back very soon with lots of recruits, joining armies and raiding lands. I was suggesting that they could make the decision not to go on the offensive before they reach a certain party strength. By party strength I was really thinking of quality as well as quantity.

I think this was a Warband mechanic, maybe it was only in Viking Conquest though.
  13. Nerfing bows by giving everyone shields was one of the worst changes ever made to this game / share your best battle strategies with me

I agree with OP that there is a high level of grind in the game with lords coming back in no time after a defeat. As others have suggested, the situation would improve if losing an army would truly set a faction back for a while. At the very least it would be nice if lords that lose their parties would not raid or join an army before they have a certain party strength (Warband mechanic). That way armies would present more of a challenge to beat due to higher quality, but not bounce back immediately, meaning that losing an army would have real consequences for a faction.

Either way, recruitment could be made much more convenient for the player. A great start would be to make it easier to raise notable relations (I'll grab that mod that was mentioned in an earlier post for now). Stopping a raid should give relations, they just haven't got around to it I imagine. Auto recruiting from villages bound to our fiefs controlled via the clan management screen would be great too.
  14. Any mod/mods that REMOVE Khuzait?

No offense, but I think that is beside the point.

First of all, even in vanilla Warband, there where usually one or two factions dominating. But this happened not quite as quick as it happens in Bannerlord and the dominating factions where not the same in every playthrough.

Just as Tawny mentioned earlier, variety is the important part (although btw. I can't remember anyone proposing adding mounted tier II units to every faction).

In my current run it's (excluding me):

Khuzait>Battania>Aserai>Vlandia>Western Empire>Sturgia>Southern Empire>Northern Empire

(Though I intervened at this point already)

When I noticed the Khuzait getting dominant, I acted as a merc for any faction fighting them. If they'd make peace, I would search for another faction and so on. Even so I barely got them contained. But I'm fine with that, this time. I just don't want every playthrough turn out this way.

--

In my opinion there is no way around nerfing them. Either their trait or their cheat or both are a problem. Also Blood griphons table is interesting. It might be a start to even out the max parties.

Also, if the devs don't want to remove the horse cheat, maybe it could be nerfed. There could be a secret horse stack in every village/town, only AI Khuzait lords can access by purchasing or looting. That way, they would still be able to get horses faster than other kingdoms, but at least they would have to do so.

Their trait could maybe only work in specific parts of the world. Then it would also make sense, that a khuzait lord basically would be faster (in the terrain he knows) with any kind of cavalry.
    I get that you don't want every game to play out the same, it's hard to disagree with that. I was hoping that story mode might be a little different than a balanced sandbox experience precisely for that reason, with the Empire fighting to keep the hordes back. Though I did read that TW intends to change the cultural bonuses, so there might be some Khuzait nerf there at least.

The early mounted troops part were about the Empire specifically, but Sturgian lack of cavalry was also mentioned in another post. I agree that cataphracts are a little hard to come by (hoping for a change there), but both factions have excellent cavalry available.

On the note of how games play out, in my current Sturgia game on 1.53 (600+ days) the Khuzait have taken the usual route of Amprela/Myzaea and have the most land (28 fiefs). They have gained one imperial clan for a total of 9. However, the Western Empire have become a behemoth of 15 clans (all imperial), with 22 fiefs. It is a nice turn of events to have the Empire rise again like that :smile:
  15. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Sturgian lords

I like the suggestions. My hope is that factions will stand out more, and this would help with that in a logical way.
Back
Top Bottom