Recent content by Talon

1. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Sorry guys, this stuff is really low on my priority list right now. My second daughter was recently born, so I have a four month old and a two year old, and a honey-do list that takes up most of my time at home, plus working 10 hours a day. I think about working on some models  a lot but the reality of it is that I have too much other stuff to do. I don't even play M&B anymore, and haven't bothered to purchase WB, though I do download most version to check out what has changed in weapon model land. And it looks like most of the models that SWUP covers have been updated, with varying quality. I would still like to do these but I cannot see when, or even now particularly why.

Consider anything that I have made here (or anywhere) for m&b Open Source. So anyone can use anything as they will, continuing the project, breaking it up for other purposes, modifying models in any way, etc...
    With only a very few exceptions in the current version: staves credited to stoned-dude still belong to him, and maybe one or two more I but I'm not sure.
    I might even find the time to compile the OBJ files if someone is really interested in using them, but I can hardly see where that would be necessary.

Despite all this I'm loathe to call SWUP dead, just indefinitely on hold.
    Talon
  2. Companions in the good old beta days of M&B, pre-.8xx, even

Ymira, though she was disabled for some time, post .6xx I think, until .8xx. Which I believe was a couple of years.
  3. Make the Devs laugh Photoshop Contest!

voulgemag.jpg
  4. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Ok. working on it.

old weapon meshes that are still in Warband (?):
    bows-
    throwing axes
    staves-
    hammers and picks
    axes
    forks and trident
    falchion
    practice swords
    heavy lances
    butcher knife

What else?

Edit:
    Also I started this project when there where only two weapons brfs, and the name no longer applies as well. So, a name change is due, any suggestions
  5. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Thanks. Fortunately most of the old models are no longer in use in WB, and I think all of the ones that are are covered by swup. I should go back and make sure, as well as clean up or redo the ones still being used.
  6. SP Antiquity Bronze And Blood - a mod for 1.011 (OPINION ON TROOP TREE NEEDED)

So far this sounds like the mod I wanted to make in my 3 to 4 sad attempts. If you have 1866 look in the brf folder, go to t_models.brf, and you will find several models that I made. I think you may be able to use a couple of them specifically ,mychelm, and broadsword_d. They use native textures so you'll want to redo those, and feel free to modify them a you need. If you do not have 1866 let me know and I'll send them to you (this time I mean it).
    Talon
  7. A mod I would love to see out for 1.011

megalink said:
    Riddles said:
    megalink said:
    i think the search spot is to high for people to notice.

Did people make you believe the search button was a miracle worker? TLD is NOT OUT for 1.011
    but he would of searched and found that no LoTR mod was out for 1.011

Ak Elâ
  8. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

I'll take that to mean that you didn't understand that it uses the textures supplied by Mount & Blade 1.011 (most of the weapons in weapon_meshes1.brf use pre .7 textures) and therefore I did not include them in the package because if you have the game you already have the textures needed.
  9. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

The poly count is higher on all of the new models, and all updated weapons are retextured using the newer, higher quality native textures
  10. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Thanks guys, this version was put out in July. I have another one that deals with some of the shading issues, but I really haven't done much lately, I'll try to get back into it.
  11. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

OK I removed the link, it looks like the file was removed from the repository. Here is the most recent one I have previously relesased lite v1.2
  12. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

The new models will show up in the merchant window. It should be very obvious especially with the staves. This is not the first complaint of this happening let me check that I  have everything set up correctly and I'll get back to you.
    T
  13. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

battle ax
    sickle
    glaive
    voulge
    scythe
    poleax
    hatchet
    great_ax (not active)
    polehammer (I'm not satisfied with it)
    iron_hammer
    falchion
    spiked mace
    heavy lance
    broadsword (not active)
    winged mace
    trident (retexture only)
    pitchfork (retexture only)
    iron staff
    quarterstaff
    wooden staff
    steel pick
    scimeter and scabbard
    dagger and scabbard
    b bastard sword and scabbard
    lance dblhead
    cleaver
    heavy practice sword
    spear
    pike
    battle fork (retexture only)
    mace morningstar
    military fork (retexture only)
    practice sword
    club
    peasant knife
    khyber knife
    war ax
    fighting ax
    rusty pick
    joust of peace
    spiked club
    *and I don't remember if I included*
    war bow
    hunting bow and carry
    long bow and carry
    javelin
    throwing knife
    throwing dagger
    francisca

If you are not seeing them, first check that they are in the correct folder , CommonRes, not Modules/mymod/Resource unless you want to modify your modules file.
    Then verify that I named it correctly, weapon_meshes1.brf
  14. Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Which version of the mod are you using? Which changes are you referring to? native to swup, or between swup versions? You may not have the mod installed correctly, although for swuplite it is quite foolproof just drop the brf(s) into your CommonRes folder and launch.

OpenBRF has done wonders for many of my shading problems, if I ever get time to work on it I'll remake the persistent problem makers and re-release.
Back
Top Bottom