Recent content by Syrus127

1. Syrus127

Harmony-Patch causes unrelated soundeffects to not play / strange sideeffect

Sorry for the late response, I read your posts, but haven't had time to test it until now!

Those are good ideas! I tested the latter one.
    Technically it works, the sounds play when unpatching during the MakeVoice method, but it only works when I removed the patch from the Initialize method (which is called from "MBSubModuleBase.OnSubModuleLoad"!).
    This had me worried, because it would require the player to issue a command or otherwise trigger a voice callout first to have the patch apply at all.

In other words, if I patched it via "OnSubModuleLoad" at all, the callout would fail to play!
    Which got me thinking that the issue is not related to the patch being applied during the moment the callout is supposed to be played, but rather, it is related to when the patch is first applied.
    Subsequently, I tried applying the patch at a later point, first going with "OnGameStart" (and unpatching on "OnGameEnd", just in case). This worked, with callouts playing despite the patch being applied.
    I settled on applying the patch via "MBSubModuleBase.OnInitialState". This method seems to be called after the game has loaded into the main menu, and applying the patch here fixes the issue, without having to unpatch/patch at some point, interestingly enough.

Thank you for your solutions, definitely helped give me new ideas for how to approach the issue!
  2. Syrus127

Harmony-Patch causes unrelated soundeffects to not play / strange sideeffect

I've received feedback on one of my mods that using the mod causes some sounds during a battle to not play anymore (for example, giving orders or cheering). The mod only modifies one seemingly unrelated method, "Mission.MissileHitCallback", using a Harmony-library transpiler-patch, though...
  3. Syrus127

Texture loading issue(?) with many mods

I've run into a strange problem after adding one more mod when already using a significant number of mods (40+). Starting the game it looks like textures do not get loaded, for example MCM's mod options screen looks like this. When I try to load a saved game, banners using modified textures...
  4. Syrus127

Let's talk Trade?

Reminds me that having more control over workshops, like having an input supply that can be filled by the player, would also be a great addition.
    Or being able to limit where your caravans trade, so they don't run into enemy territory...

In my current campaign I reverted to smithing for money. Trading is just too slow, workshops too unreliable, and I don't much like caravans.
  5. Syrus127

Let's talk Trade?

Actually making money is not the problem, I just use smithing for that. Save and easy income, smith one thing, run an empire with the profits.
    It's just that I'm disappointed with how bad trade is, and one of the main problems, in my opinion, is the low supply and demand of towns.

For example, I went around trading with a fast, small caravan of 7 people plus pack animals (using a mod that shows me the profits without the rumor-system) and made less than a quarter of the gold I'd make with one good smithing order in about 100x the time it takes me to finish that order. And with a bigger caravan I would not make any more profit, because I was already buying up/selling enough that the profit would go towards 0 for the last items sold.

If the overall amount of goods in trade were increased, it would allow for bigger caravans to transport more good for more profit.
  6. Syrus127

Let's talk Trade?

In my latest run I've been trying to not do the basic old smithing strategy for making money and instead rely on trading. In the runs before I've already noticed shortcoming with it, but I wanted to see it to the fullest extend. It is not an enjoyable experience. The main issues I see with...
  7. Syrus127

Need More Info Banner turns "ranged" formation into generic formation

Summary: Captain's banners being applied to troops causes one of the troops to become a banner carrier. This also happens for ranged troops, both mounted and dismounted. This means the formation will no longer be considered a "ranged" formation, which causes the formation to not be called out...
Back
Top Bottom