Recent content by Swyter

1. Swyter

Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Okay, the paths and everything seem fine, I would try renaming the font.dds and font_data.xml files and see if that works, that would mean that the DDS file has been saved in a weird (uncompressed?) format that the SOIL texture-loading library doesn't understand. If you can drop your DDS file here or send it via PM I can take a quick look in a hex editor. Hope that helps.
  2. Swyter

"@--start loading font xml
    width:1024 height:1024 padding:5
    font loaded in 0.001s
    @--start loading font dds
    luajit: .\soil.lua:100: SOIL DDS failed
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'error'
    .\soil.lua:100: in function 'loadTexture'
    .\mab-font.lua:55: in function 'load'
    cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
    [C]: ?

Im assuming a texture failed to load? but which one and why?
    I'm going to need a bit of background info. Does this happen in a vanilla cartographer folder without changing anything? i.e. it comes with a self-contained Native demo map bundled; so that should always run. 🫠

If that works fine then it may be a case of not finding the font file in your mod folder. Knowing if your mod has custom fonts or not is also helpful. Maybe it's not finding the game or mod folder, show your config and more of the log.

Please help me help you.
  3. Swyter

OpenBRF Redux — A de-rusted, bug-fixed version of the tool

Added a cleaned up list of the features and fixes to the first post. Let me know what you think. :grin:
  4. Swyter

Another issue which you could perhaps fix the issue described here:

Maroon wrote a little workaround for it:

There are probably not many people around who have multiple frames at the armouries and tried to play the animations. It is also only broken in the "newer" OpenBRF version iirc since I have never had the problem at my older version (I use the version 0.0.79 at my old laptop).
    Hopefully fixed, please check the latest version. Surprisingly easy to find and fix, at least compared to the double-click bug above, just had to tweak a single line.
  5. Swyter

There's currently a regression in the double-click on a mesh name to select all parts and LODs in one go function. For some reason the second click fires a single-click Qt signal/event that resets the double-click event, kind of tricky to fix.

But it seems like double-clicking with the mouse wheel/middle button works just fine.

Holding Shift while double right-clicking also works. There's something wrong with single left clicks. 🐥
    Just managed to "fix" this using a funky workaround after a very long and arduous debugging and testing session, didn't manage to find the root cause. So hopefully isn't any worse than any of the official versions, no more drawbacks! Please re-download from here.

Perhaps you could fix the issue with the custom feminizer morpher files as described by mtarini here:

Some basic informations of frame differences between M&B and Warband are described at this section here, at the top "Female frame", although you might be aware of them:
    https://earendil_ardamire.gitlab.io/modding-guide/Subpages/New_at_modding_Warband/BRF_Resource_Management.html#Skeletons
    Darn, sounds a bit messy, but added it to my to-do list anyway. Thanks for the suggestion! :grin:
  6. Swyter

There's currently a regression in the double-click on a mesh name to select all parts and LODs in one go function. For some reason the second click fires a single-click Qt signal/event that resets the double-click event, kind of tricky to fix.

But it seems like double-clicking with the mouse wheel/middle button works just fine.

Holding Shift while double right-clicking also works. There's something wrong with single left clicks. 🐥

--

@kraggrim suggested adding another button in the texture coordinate tool to flip the UVs vertically and horizontally, so I added that yesterday. Keep them coming.
  7. Swyter

Thanks for testing, mate. Yeah, the function that marks suffixed versions of used meshes is kind of funky.

Marco probably had his good reasons to do it like this, but I've just expanded the original mechanism a bit. If someone has some time to investigate subtly broken bits and hence make fixing them easier, please post that here. Knowing is half the battle.

A bunch of the Warband regulars on the Discord server also had other potential suggestions to make OpenBRF a bit less annoying to use; yesterday I implemented support for local rotations/scaling, an option to only color tint the last selected mesh, raised the material/beard/hair limits for skins.txt and the other text files, added the map tree meshes to the hardcoded list, and made it use the mod's core_*.brf files in the resource usage finder if they exist, so custom shaders don't cause errors anymore.

Please post yours here, happy to discuss them and see what can be done, even if it's just small, quality-of-life stuff. Don't be shy. :fruity:
  8. Swyter

This is a de-rusted version of Marco Tarini's OpenBRF tool for modding Mount&Blade 1.011 and Warband; it comes with bug fixes and enhancements. Download and change log here: https://github.com/Swyter/openbrf-redux The idea is to keep the program well-maintained, develop it openly, and...
  9. Swyter

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Hi, I recently created a small mod for warband. It is based from Viking Conquest. I'm trying to upload to steam workshop but having issues doing it. I followed all steps in uploading the mod, and in cmd I'm getting validation errors. Please see below:

File: "Britannia\fx_configuration.h", the extension .h is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 01.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 02.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Textures\shadow_default.tga", the extension .tga is not valid
    File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_map_font.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
    Please assist as I have no idea why I'm getting all these "not valid" errors.

Unfortunately you will have to use Valve's SteamCMD tool instead of the TaleWorlds Workshop uploader, which has a whitelist of allowed extensions and is generally pretty broken. While you shouldn't upload bloaty stuff like PSD files that the player won't use, the GLSL files are compulsory for your mod to work at all on Linux and macOS.

Look for my previous posts in this thread, I made a mini guide; the Valve tool works better and it lets you upload anything.
  10. Swyter

Watchdog.exe in Bannerlord files

I think it's the game's crash handler. Try killing the normal game via Task Manager and see if a window coming from that process pops up.

Usually the way this works is that this gets spawned by the game on launch, watches the main process to see if it exits normally or not and clean ups, or stores the crash info, uploading it when prompted. I think. They do it because if the crash handler is in the crashed process itself it may end up broken enough to not even be able to show the crash window or upload it. The crash handler would need its own crash handler uploader. :party:

So yeah, computery stuff to get a snapshot of a dying program. I hope.
  11. Swyter

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

This is a bit off-topic, but you only need to install Python 2.7, download the TLD repository (even as a .zip file), edit the equipped items under ModuleSystem/module_troops.py and double-click ModuleSystem/build_module_wb.bat to get your modded .txt files under the _wb folder. Way easier.

And as we told you on the Discord server, and here, the small setup time pays off.

I understand the resistance as you only want to make a few manual/surgical tweaks, and the source code sounds like a big deal. But it really isn't, compared to getting the item index in the item_kinds1.txt list which is what you are asking for. You need to count itm_ lines, with the first item starting at zero. I think. 🐥
  12. Swyter

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

TLD is a weird amalgamation of a M&B 1.011 and Warband mod. So a bunch of files aren't compatible with text editors like Morgh's. If you want to make changes you can download the public module system from GitHub and rebuild it.
  13. Swyter

Forum Structural Changes (06.12.2023)

Good to see the modding sections going back into the main forum. The three or four levels of nesting in a separate tab were a big mistake and hurt activity and lurking, I think.
  14. Swyter

That means good progress, the only thing you are missing is configuring your module system (in module_info.py) to direct it to your mod folder. It's using the default one.

As you can see right now it points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\mb_warband_module_system_1171\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native, which after collapsing the relative path (..\WOTS\) ends up being C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\mb_warband_module_system_1171\Module_system 1.171\Modules\Native, which doesn't exist.

You want it to point to ..\..\MyCoolModFolder, make a copy of Native and there you go.

If you try running build_module.bat to compile your mod right now it won't work either. Check the beginner's guide by Lumos or the others, it should explain what to do.

As this tool basically edits the settlements in the module system (and that needs to target a mod where to spit the final text stuff) I grab the final mod path from the same place.
  15. Swyter

msysparties = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\MountBlade Warband\\Modules\\parties.py"

You are missing a comma (,) at the end of each config item, that's why it's throwing that syntax error. Make sure you only edit cartographer.conf.ini, leaving everything else as normal. I'm guessing it launched fine with the default configuration.

Also, keep in mind that it needs a module_parties.py. That thingie doesn't look like a valid module system file, and the parties.txt you see in the mod folder won't work. The .txt files get generated from the .py files, usually stored in a different folder. Without Native's or a mod's module system you won't be able to edit the settlements.

If you just want to export or edit the map surface you can replace the sample map.txt under the bundled res/mod/ folder with anything else and reopen the program. That way you don't need to create a dummy or new mod to edit that part. Works without .py files or "source code".
Back
Top Bottom