Recent content by Swargy

1. Swargy

Beta Branch e1.1.0

I feel the same as I did the day the game released for Early Access, thank you so much TW!
  2. Swargy

Something about 2h swords just looks wrong

I think it's because they're too short, and maybe not narrow enough? Some one handeds share this too but its very noticeable with 2hers.
  3. Swargy

Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

2hers work great on mounted combat, its the onehanded weapons that are pretty bad compared to warband.
  4. Swargy

Patch Notes e1.0.8

Hell yes, thank you for all your hard work
  5. Swargy

Smithing feels like a gimmick

Oh there'll definitely be improvements, TW's been doing an amazing job. My main issue is just that it feels like unnecessary fluff. I got high faith in TW though
  6. Swargy

Lets talk smithing.

It's a gimmick and not fun and I can't wrap my head around why it's in the game, to be brutally honest.
  7. Swargy

Smithing feels like a gimmick

Its grindy, and its boring honestly. Also it was and probably still is exploitable. Its an interesting idea for sure, but I'm not sure why TW felt the need to add it. There's nothing exciting about it - you just press buttons to smelt/refine rinse & repeat. You can make decent money from...
  8. Swargy

1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

Practice arenas are fine, just like Warband and M&B1, its a tedious process of getting your weapon skills up, before it actually matters and you need them in battle.
  9. Swargy

After modding the game, my playthroughs are 500% more enjoyable. Give it a go boys.

Its too early for mods, there's gonna be updates almost daily that will probably break them. I'm fine with starting over if I have to, I barely touch SP right now because of the unfinished state of it
  10. Swargy

Shield walls and choke points in Captain mode.

Try giving the order to fall back when they get charged in shieldwall, i've seen it actually cause them to kill the attackers as they miss their swings

That being said though for some reason Sturgian's shield infantry seem to do the best in all scenarios.
  11. Swargy

The cost of armor just makes no sense.

This is the same guy who made a post that he refunded after playing only 2 hours the day of launch

Armor in warband was expensive too, it makes sense imo. The amount of labor needed to create a single piece of decent quality metal armor back then was insane.

The primary issue to me is that the stats are still whack. The default layered leather tunic you start with is better than 80% of the armor you'll find in towns.

Also like Northcott above me said, Sea Raiders are no longer Mail Armor pinatas like they used to be
  12. Swargy

What is the ideal troop composition?

So a good amount of high level infantry with a small mix of other units?

Doesn't have to be high level, I found having just 15-20 imperial infantry puts looters down very well and takes very few casualties
  13. Swargy

What is the ideal troop composition?

I found a lot of success in training up a shield wall as a foundation, then adding whatever ranged/cav/shocktroops i want
  14. Swargy

A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Given they just added back 200+ pieces of gear into SP... I hope that means most of this stuff has a future in the game
  15. Swargy

Sjw slider and hardcaps on combat skills

Jesus christ

Yeah Females were not commonly soldiers in history and had a restricted role in society. I'll admit it bothers me a bit seeing most heros or army commanders are Female but when you start making cringy eugenic comments like that you just sound like a psycho.

In Warband the game even points the disadvantages of being a woman in medieval times out and mentions that being a female offers unique challenges, I think that was a much better way of implementing this without triggering the masculinists who in turn trigger the feminists.

Another thing is to just wait for a mod to remove all female heroes/commanders from the game.
Top Bottom