Recent content by Suspicious Fish

1. Suspicious Fish

The Duck and Spackle Bar Mk. II

The man looked up from counting the days he's been traveling on his fingers. "I'm Lerian the Wanderer. You might have heard of me." He shakes Llews hand. "I've wandered around Calradia for so long and done so many things I have to keep a reminder why I started in the first place," He unsheathes the falchion on the table, the lantern light shining off the steel blade. "This is my reminder." He slides it back into the sheath and takes another drink of his mead "You see, I'm a blacksmith. My father was a master blacksmith back in Yalen. He taught me all he knew and with that gave me this sword." Lerian sighs and leans back "But you probably don't want to hear my rambling on about swords and history."
  2. Suspicious Fish

A multiplayer problem (I have no idea what topic this would go into)

Okay, I found a VPN and it actually works perfectly. Thanks.
  3. Suspicious Fish

Favorite word in English language

Purloined.
  4. Suspicious Fish

The Duck and Spackle Bar Mk. II

(I have no idea if there is something I should know before I join in so I'm going to let myself in.)

A man walks through the front door of the bar. Slung across his shoulders is a 5 foot oak stuff, polished by many years of fighting and dueling. At his side is a small falchion with some names carved into the steel blade and a family insignia on the hilt and the scabbard. He pulls his hood of his forest brown cloak away from his face as he closes the door, revealing his short brown hair and a callused face. Pausing for a moment, he surveys the room, his hazel eyes going from Therian to finally resting on the three river pirates. He walks up to the bar, still eyeing the trio. "I'll take some mead, but if you don't have that I'll just take some ale." He says, his deep voice resounding around the bar. He finds a small table without any people and takes his staff off his back and rests it on the table. He relieves himself of his cloak and drapes it around his chair, making sure to place all his valuables in his sight.
  5. Suspicious Fish

I set my firewall to allow all incoming connections and I could see a few servers. I don't know if it had a difference though.
  6. Suspicious Fish

Hi. I'm having a problem trying to play multiplayer on any multiplayer game (That's why this is here.) I live in a rural area where we do not get any sort of cable internet and we have to use wireless internet. The problem is that for some reason whenever I go to see servers for a game none...
  7. Suspicious Fish

Tribe Hunters Camp: Bug Reports - Hotfix Released

Sometimes when I enter a city or encounter someone the game crashes to desktop with no error at all. I have no idea why.
  8. Suspicious Fish

better bows? and how bout that riding archery?

Hawk_002 said:
    bows are a mans weapon, not some sissy crossbow!

Crossbows are not sissy. You can't ride around on a horse with a good crossbow, running away from danger (I think it's hilarious that you can ride a horse with a longbow.)
  9. Suspicious Fish

Monarchy vs. Republic

Dodes said:
    To expand upon this, I think the United States is very much an Empire and that there has almost always been an Empire or Empires, what we called "superpowers". More so, I think there are 6 Ages of Empires: Pioneers, Conquests, Commerce, Affluence, Intellect, and Decadence. Finally, I think that the United States is in about the middle of the age of decadence.

Silly, there are only 4 Age of Empires.

On a more serious note, Canada is a constitutional monarchy and we are doing great.
  10. Suspicious Fish

A Question(s) For Theists

Dante Alighieri said:
    2) From what I understand of the Bible, it never says that "church" is a place of worship or a designated building. Why is it that religions of today build massive, expensive buildings for worship? My understanding of "church" is that it is the act of worshiping your god, by yourself or as a group. It never says in the bible that you have to go down the street to an ornate building for church. Furthermore, the bible preaches against vanity. Isn't it vain to spend tons of money to make your church ornate and beautiful?

I'm curious because I saw a story recently about a church that is going to cost 130 million dollars. Couldn't that money be put to a better use than a gigantic cross?

The term church is used to describe the congregation of people, not the building. Most (If not, all) church communities were conducted in peoples houses in the time of the Romans.

Also I am thinking that ornate buildings is a catholic European idea.
  11. Suspicious Fish

Dividing a troop division

Whenever I am in a battle where tactics are required to win, I get annoyed when I have to use a different kind of troop for every maneuver, rather than taking a single type of unit and separating a quarter of them from the rest. Doing that would allow more strategic options and having a majority...
  12. Suspicious Fish

Boats and seafaring in Caladria

I have ALWAYS wanted to get a seafaring mod and if this gets implemented, this would be the best thing ever.
  13. Suspicious Fish

Hiding Behind a Pavise Shield.

I totally agree. I usually go with the Rhodoks and this is one of things that would make the crossbowmen more handy and improve the defensive quality of them.
  14. Suspicious Fish

Problem installing Brytenwalda

Idibil said:
    Suspicious Fish said:
    I was so happy to see that Brytenwalda was finally finished downloading and I went ahead to start installing. Big surprise! An error message showed up and I looked around for ways to fix it, but to no avail. I eventually went to find the Scaedumar mod because I really want sailing and that was the same installation and it did not work either.

TL;DR I need either the Brytenwalda game file to manually put in the modules folder or a fix for opening EXE files.

What error you got?

I got "Cannot find file specidied Error code 2/1070" and I after that I got "Exception EAAccessViolation in module brytenwalda_sp_edition at FFFFF014"
Back
Top Bottom