Recent content by Susel

1. Susel

Resolved Game crashes when pressing Interact button for the second time

Summary: Game crashes when hitting Enter (interact) for the second time. How to Reproduce: When I interact with objects (sit to the chair before the Game Host) I pressed Enter, then I get "green sword in the circle" sign (toggle include combat log) and if I hit Enter for the second time (to...
  2. Susel

In Progress Vassals have more kingdom decision power than ruler

Actually, this seems to be the same issue that I posted before.
    Influence cost for veto is about 3-5x more than the combined voting cost for vassals, which makes the ruler unable to resist them without bankrupting himself.
  3. Susel

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Why are you trying to force me to use mods to keep the game a sandbox? Turning off births if I turn off deaths is stupid. There is no reasoning that makes sense behind this and I do NOT want to hear about late game would be unplayable with all those lords because many of us have been using mods that increase the amount of children you can have, how fertile everyone can be and have had games were clans have many children that became lords and have not had any issues.

In my current play through, my 13 children are adults and there are literally 100s more lords leading armies that are lords children (that became adults)...and this is with Custom Spawns whichs adds many minor factions and other spawns to the game.

So no. They do not NEED to be together and for a sandbox that is supposed to allow us to play as we like, this is stupid. Make them 2 different options and let people choose how they want to play...put a disclaimer for those that have a potato that having births enabled with deaths disabled "may" cause them late game problems.

Let the player decide like you are with just about everything else.
    I think birth and aging (including death of old age must come together), while death in combat should be separated.
  4. Susel

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.6

Great update!

Are there only two options for death (as it started in 1.5.5):
    - Birth + all types of death including high rate combat casualties,
    - No birth and everyone lives forever unles executed by a player?
  5. Susel

Why didn't the son (heir) become king?

Yes. In my play through Derthert died and the election started making me the new ruler of Vlandia.
    However, if my main hero dies (tried only by console) and I choose an heir (wife or brother), the heir becomes the new ruler.
  6. Susel

What are the inheritance rules? (spoiled)

I've just tested it in my game.
    My character is Vlandian and he is the ruler of Vlandia (there was an election after Derthert died of an old age).
    I killed the main hero with a console and I was able to keep all belongings (equipment, 4 towns and 2 castles) no matter who I choose: brother who is a governor in town or wife who is leading a company in my army (originally she is from S.Empire). The heir even becomes a ruler of Vlandia.
    Tested it on the non-ruler save but the result was the same.

May be there's an issue with female main heroes?
  7. Susel

1.5.6?

Sorry for going back to OP ? , but it would be really great to know at least approximate month for the next big patch. I'd like to start a new game since my current 200h+ one is close to the snowballing stage, but keep delaying it till 1.5.6 as the new features will most likely work only for the fresh games...
    However, if it's still month or two away, then waiting is not the point...
  8. Susel

Long-term relations between lords

I wouldn't get too emotionally invested in an argument with an AI character. Take them back, give them a fief. Use them in your armies while they fight for you. I wouldn't consider it personal.

If you're concerned that this affects your role play to forgive a betrayal. Consider that you're using them to manage a fief and supply an army. They are servicing your requirements.
    Well, this is more about roleplay and game immersion. Lords jumping from faction to faction uncontrollably really hurt it.
    Since if a lord decided to join you, even as a ruler you have not much choice but to accept him and give him one of the next conquered fiefs. Especially since ruler overriding cost calculation is broken (imo) and refusing them a fief several times will bankrupt your influence.

So if a vassal (a lord who received land for his loyalty) decided to switch sides in the middle of a war - this is ok and quite realistic. But if he wants to come back after his new side started losing, there should be an option to refuse him or to keep him as a mercenary until he proves his loyalty.
  9. Susel

Resolved Peerage not working and override influence costs are incorrect

Oh, ok, so here is the corresponding code:
    Code:
    public override int GetInfluenceRequiredToOverrideKingdomDecision(
          DecisionOutcome popularOption, DecisionOutcome overridingOption, KingdomDecision decision)
        {
          float totalSupportPoints1 = popularOption.TotalSupportPoints;
          float totalSupportPoints2 = overridingOption.TotalSupportPoints;
          float num1 = 0.0f;
          if (decision.Kingdom.RulingClan == Clan.PlayerClan)
          {
            if ((double) totalSupportPoints1 == (double) totalSupportPoints2 + 1.0)
            {
              ++totalSupportPoints2;
              num1 += (float) decision.GetInfluenceCostOfSupport(Supporter.SupportWeights.SlightlyFavor);
            }
            else if ((double) totalSupportPoints1 == (double) totalSupportPoints2 + 2.0)
            {
              totalSupportPoints2 += 2f;
              num1 += (float) decision.GetInfluenceCostOfSupport(Supporter.SupportWeights.StronglyFavor);
            }
            else if ((double) totalSupportPoints1 > (double) totalSupportPoints2 + 2.0)
            {
              totalSupportPoints2 += 3f;
              num1 += (float) decision.GetInfluenceCostOfSupport(Supporter.SupportWeights.FullyPush);
            }
          }
          if ((double) totalSupportPoints1 > (double) totalSupportPoints2)
          {
            float num2 = (totalSupportPoints1 - totalSupportPoints2) *
                         (float) decision.GetInfluenceCostOfSupport(Supporter.SupportWeights.FullyPush);
            if (decision.Kingdom.ActivePolicies.Contains(DefaultPolicies.RoyalPrivilege))
              num2 *= 0.8f;
            if (decision.Kingdom.RulingClan != Clan.PlayerClan)
              num2 *= 0.8f;
            num1 += num2;
          }
          return (int) num1;
        }
      }
    1) Royal Privilege is used while Peerage is not.
    2) Now I understand the formula yet don't like it at all:
    In Example #1, every 10 influence (SlightlyFavor for this voting) from a lord gives +1 to totalSupportPoints1, every 40 influence (StronglyFavor) gives +2, and every 100 influence (FullyPush) gives +3.
    So we get 3 * 100 + 6 * 40 + 5 * 10 = 590 influence spent, which will convert to totalSupportPoints1 = 3 * 3 + 6 * 2 + 5 * 1 = 26 support points.
    Since 26 > 0 + 2, we get totalSupportPoints2 = 3 and num1 = 100 (FullyPush). This represents you normal vote and till that moment everything is fine.
    But next we multiply every support point by 100 (FullyPush, which for the lords was equivalent to 3 points) and apply RoyalPrivilege 0.8 coefficient, which results in 2400 influence cost.

TL;DR:
    In other words, every 10 influence (SlightlyFavor) of a lord takes full 100 influence of a ruler to override, every 40 influence (StronglyFavor) takes 2*100 influence of a ruler to override, and every 100 influence (FullyPush) requires 3*100 to override.

I hope it's a bug, but not a game design.
    My guess is that there was supposed to be:
    float num2 = (totalSupportPoints1 - totalSupportPoints2) * (float) decision.GetInfluenceCostOfSupport(Supporter.SupportWeights.FullyPush) / 3f;
  10. Susel

At the same time Royal Privilege (-20% influence cost) works almost exactly as it should.
  11. Susel

Summary: Influence cost calculation for ruler decisions is incorrect and Peerage policy has no effect. Update: see next message for better description. How to Reproduce: My game was started in e1.5.2, but works for a fresh e1.5.5 game as well. Become a faction ruler, vote for something...
  12. Susel

Long-term relations between lords

Hello! I wonder if there is or should be some kind of long-term relationship punishment for lords for serious crimes (e.g. defection to enemy with land). This topic is related to my previous post One clan gets too many fiefs. In my playthrough, I had the Hongeros imperial clan joining us...
  13. Susel

Resolved Companions die in combat with death off

you can get 20 wives in a game, just send her into combat and until she dies, marry another and take her stuff, I didnt do it, but after my first wife died I realized hey you could do this
    I love my wife. :smile:
    However I was curious if I could kill the King ? to take his place and it turned out that no, not by yourself at least. :smile:
  14. Susel

Resolved Companions die in combat with death off

Observation:
    You can't use this bug to kill friendly NPC on purpose by yourself. Friendly fire will always knock unconscious. :unsure:
  15. Susel

To Taleworlds - Sturgian Otroki - realy? :D

Well, in Russian this word is absolutely fine and corresponds to the usage.
    Отрок (wikipedia):
    - outdated synonym for teenager,
    - junior member of the prince's squad in Ancient Rus.
Back
Top Bottom