Recent content by SuperCommando

1. SuperCommando

High Poly Female Body

CutContent said:
    Because DtheHun's model looks too chunky and low poly, and the feet look awful like the original native feet/calf (which looked like clobbering monstrosities). I used the makehuman model so I could have toes on the model and nice looking feet. What part of the texture looks off?

Flips

I would use DtheHun's model if it had nice looking realistic feet

The parts of the texture that are supposed to be near the shoulder, on the collar bones and also the part where the neck should begin,
    those parts can be instantly noticed, if you compare them to DtheHun's model.
    And for the calff, you could just generate a model with make human, import them to a 3d editing program and then split the legs from the rest of the body vertices/faces from the part where the upper legs of DtheHun's model would end.
    Then you can still use his mesh, with better feet.
  2. SuperCommando

High Poly Female Body

Dunno, but if it already uses DtheHun's body model texture, why not just use the mesh, too and make the chest larger, instead of generating a model and UV map it with textures made for different model, so that some parts of the texture look a bit off on the generated model.
  3. SuperCommando

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v4.9.5 for 1.174

One thing that could help a lot would be to have the parameters for position_get_rotation_around_ operations to be fixed point values, because in the current MS it still returns values unaffected by the fixed point multiplier. Would be very useful for scripts for missions that need to function with a lot precision for positions.

And an operation like agent_set_accuracy modifier but for swing speed of an agent, or an extra operation like agent_set_ammo_slot which would change melee item speed instead, would be very handy, too.
  4. SuperCommando

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Yay, know I know that cast_ray works now, asked in the TW modding discord server, and the reason why it's affects the code similar to a conditional operation of the module system, is simply because it's a 'can fail' operation, just had to put it in a try-block.
    Thanks to _Sebastian_ for pointing that out. Apperently when the ray doesn't hit anything the operation will fail and prevent the rest of the code from executing.
    Instead of mouse_get_world_projection one can simply use cast_ray in conjunction with mission_cam_get_position.

Though I still wonder how, the VC devs have used mouse_get_world_projection, when it return rahter unreliable looking results.
    Really should be asked in the VC modding forum.
  5. SuperCommando

@_Sebastian_

_Sebastian_ said:
    The second projection pos is likely the closest "hit" position(global space) of a ray cast starting from the mouse pos along the view axis.
    However, I never used that operation, so that's just a guess.

I asked elsewhere and it's indeed what you said. The operation also seems to be unreliable, I was told so and also test it myself.
    I tried cast_ray operation, but for some reason everywher I put in the trigger, from that point on, the operation itself and the code after it won't be executed anymore, but as soon as I leave it out, everything after that point in the code works as intended: eg if I put it in the beginning of the trigger, no messages that set up will show and nothin will happen, when I put it in the end or leave it everything works, it almost does the same as a failed conditional operation of the modsys.
    The person didn't know wither what the issue could be, but aslo told that he created amore complicated code and somehow made it to work some time ago.
    Maybe you have another good guess for me?
    But if you don't know ,that's fine, too, you already helped with your last response.

6. SuperCommando

@Karlahan

Thanks for the insight. My original question has been answered. But as you suggested, I might look into the VC modding forum at sometime, too, so that I get further information about these two operations, that were added since VC release. The VC devs should know the excact functions better than anyone else. But I guess for what I'm doing currently it shouldn't be too relevant, still hope to find out more, maybe I could put them to good use in the near future.
  7. SuperCommando

I tested it ingame, but it returns rather unreliable rotation values, like it doesn't matter where I am always returns the same rotation values for position 1, which is suppsed to be camera position and position2 is supposed to be mouse projection, but I don't have a real idea what it could be, It's defientely not mouse screen coordiates. I quickly  created this trigger :

Code:
    (
       0, 0, 0, [
       ],[
          (try_begin),
         (key_clicked, key_e),
         (set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
          (mouse_get_position, pos2),
          (mission_cam_get_position, pos3),
          (mouse_get_world_projection, pos4, pos5)

(position_get_x, reg10, pos2),
          (position_get_y, reg11, pos2),
          (position_get_z, reg12, pos2),
          (position_get_rotation_around_x, reg13, pos3),
          (position_get_rotation_around_y, reg14, pos3),
          (position_get_rotation_around_z, reg15, pos3),
          (position_get_x, reg16, pos3),
          (position_get_y, reg17, pos3),
          (position_get_z, reg18, pos3),

(position_get_rotation_around_x, reg20, pos4),
          (position_get_rotation_around_y, reg21, pos4),
          (position_get_rotation_around_z, reg22, pos4),
          (position_get_x, reg23, pos4),
          (position_get_y, reg24, pos4),
          (position_get_z, reg25, pos4),
          (position_get_rotation_around_x, reg26, pos5),
          (position_get_rotation_around_y, reg27, pos5),
          (position_get_rotation_around_z, reg28, pos5),
          (position_get_x, reg29, pos5),
          (position_get_y, reg30, pos5),
          (position_get_z, reg31, pos5),

(display_message, "@ "),
          (display_message, "@MCoordX:{reg10}, MCoordY:{reg11}, MCoordZ:{reg12}"),
          (display_message, "@RotCam - RotX:{reg13}, RotY:{reg14}, RotZ:{reg15}"),
          (display_message, "@PosCam - PosX:{reg16}, PosY:{reg17}, PosZ:{reg18}"),
          (display_message, "@ "),
          (display_message, "@Camera - RotX:{reg20}, RotY:{reg21}, RotZ:{reg22}"),
          (display_message, "@Camera - CoordX:{reg23}, CoordY:{reg24}, CoordZ:{reg25}"),
          (display_message, "@Mouse Projection - RotX:{reg26}, RotY:{reg27}, RotZ:{reg28}"),
          (display_message, "@Mouse Projection - CoordX:{reg29}, CoordY:{reg30}, CoordZ:{reg31}"),
          (display_message, "@ "),
        (try_end),

and get these ingame messages:
    first time trigger's consequences are executed by clinking E:

MCoordX:49, MCoordY:43, MCoordZ:0
    RotCam - RotX:1, RotY:0, RotZ:7
    PosCam - PosX:4149, PosY:9172, PosZ:2628

Camera - RotX:90, RotY:270, RotZ:0
    Camera - CoordX:4149, CoordY:9175, CoordZ:2628
    Mouse Projection - RotX:286, RotY:3, RotZ:297
    Mouse Projection - CoordX:-14171, CoordY:132518, CoordZ:18983

second time trigger's consequences are executed by clinking E:

MCoordX:49, MCoordY:44, MCoordZ:0
    RotCam - RotX:12, RotY:0, RotZ:274
    PosCam - PosX:12814, PosY:10350, PosZ:2617

Camera - CoordX:12817, CoordY:10350, CoordZ:2618
    Mouse Projection - RotX:72, RotY:0, RotZ:165
    Mouse Projection - CoordX:130896, CoordY:23674, CoordZ:44682

third time trigger's consequences are executed by clicking E:

MCoordX:49, MCoordY:43, MCoordZ:0
    RotCam - RotX:70, RotY:0, RotZ:257
    PosCam - PosX:12865, PosY:10379, PosZ:2491

Camera - CoordX:12865, CoordY:10379, CoordZ:2494
    Mouse Projection - RotX:72, RotY:0, RotZ:165
    Mouse Projection - CoordX:40278, CoordY:6314, CoordZ:125323

Everytime I clicked E I was at a different position on the scene

8. SuperCommando

I normally try to find out things by myself first and have learned about the functions of various modsys operations and flags, but
    it's also quite frustrating when it holds me back from what I actually want to do.
    A direct answer could save me time and help me to focus on other stuff.
    I would really appreciate it, doesn't even has to be a too detailed answer, but just so that I can get a better idea.

I've already thought about searching in other module systems of other popular mods before and then after you respondedI looked at the VC code, where it only was used once in one presentaion trigger, but it still doesn't seem very clear to me what its excact use is by just looking at the presentation. I don't really want to search through multiple scripts throughout several files, in order to know the usage and context of all those global variables and script callbacks, so that I can finally understand the logic of that presentation trigger.
    That's why I'm asking here, otherwise I would have spent a while to find out myself.

Do you happen to know, what it does and might it be possibe for you to explain it to me. I know modding is trial and error.
    But I'd like not to spent too much time about just finding out about the function of one operation, when there are so many experienced modder like you out there that I can ask, which also could save me time and nerves, especially since I'm already busy with helping two other mods, I want  to proceed as quich as possible.

If you think you can't further help me, do you know somebody else who can explain, what the operation does?
  9. SuperCommando

Hello,
    Can anyone hep me by explaining what the operation 'mouse_get_world_projection' excactly does?
    I currently don't really have an idea what it could be useful for and non of the module systems I work with, uses it in any script.
    I would be thankful for a straight answer from somebody, who knows what it does or even used it.
  10. SuperCommando

Sci-fi themed mods?

Steppe Warrior said:
    I think there are plenty of star wars themed mods if thy is into that

Not plenty, for warband there is only the ported WB version of SWC, and that's it. Years ago, there was another in development, called Wrecked Republic, but it has been never released. Now, besides SWC, there will be only Turmol Across the Stars, but curently it's still in development and only testers have acces to earlier apha build of the mod. It won't be out that soon.
  11. SuperCommando

Does anyone know somebody I could ask who has experience with implementing new animations for a module ?
  12. SuperCommando

kalarhan said:
    SuperCommando said:
    acf_anim_length flag

its not a flag, but a Python function to transform the default value, so you can have different values applied on animations (look how it was applied on the lancer animation).

I get that it is a function, I called it a flag because of its acf prefix. I looked at the lancer animation, but it still doesn't really answer my question and I still don't know how it affects the animation, that's what I ask.
    I could try to find it out myself, by changing the parameter value of that function in an animation entry in the list, and then ingame see how it changes the animation. But I would like to hear a straight and confirmed answer to avoid confusion and ave time.
  13. SuperCommando

Hello, For animations there is the acf_anim_length flag. Does anyone here know what its function exactly is. The name of the flag explains itself,  but how far it differs from animation sequence durations.
    If there is any helpful documentation about the various flags, I would be glad for a link, too.  :smile:

14. SuperCommando

KnightV said:
    I need some help: what good kits there are for 1.171 version modsy? It means that i found kit "installed" it and it will works fine. It question connected with that after i installed kit, appear errors in codes because this kit has peaces of code for 1.158modsys and i want to find kits only for 1.171 which will  work properly. Waiting for reply

@KnightV

If it's code written around the time, when M&B version 1.158 and was released it will also work with 1.171, because everything from 1.158 and more is included in 1.171.
    You can write me a PM and I try to answer your question, if you feel unconfortable to post your questions about issues you have here.
  15. SuperCommando

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Ah, very nice. Could be used for top- tier troops and companions after reaching a certain level, too.
Back
Top Bottom