Recent content by SudianX

1. Using workshops the way they're intended actually prevents levelling the trade skill

I think it is a mod... the warehouses I last looked at in my last game did not have a storage capacity of 12000. Unless this is the next upcoming patch?

I am just assuming it is a mod.

1 suggestion i made was to combine caravan management with workshop management. If you can manually connect your caravan routes to your workshops you have more controle of your trade network.

That would me awesome. This is the sort of automation I would expect as a king! You: make things for me! You: go sell those things.
    Everybody bring me all the moneys while I sit on my cushy throne. :cool: Or while I lead armies, anyways. :twisted:

Or at least, let me send my freshly crafted weapons away in a caravan to sell elsewhere so I am not having to do it myself. :wink: I always get amused when a town runs completely out of cash in the market place. :lol: That is one change I like from warband: one big market instead of individual venders.
  2. Was Land Grants for Veterans removed?

I always wondered what "veteran militia" meant. I assume they still have no armor... so... higher skills maybe?

I don't remember the downsides, but I was never tempted to try it and see.
    Ok, I just looked at the troops trees of the in-game encyclopedia. There they are... veteran militia units. How did I miss that? :facepalm:

But I recently created a kingdom and looked through all of the policies... sure enough, there were 31 one there: and no land grants for veterans. None of the policies mentioned veteran militia. I think they did remove it in the most recent patch.

Unless we are both experiencing the same bug? I was running the game through steam on a PC.
  3. Armies

The empty party thing is smart. I never even thought of that.

It sounds useful. I always feels bad when I don't hire freshly-rescued high level troops due to already having a full party.
  4. New Strategies for a more difficult game

My question is here:

1. How do you make the workshops, well, work in the game? What are some strategies to employ so they don't become money pits?
    2. How can I actually win battles? I have not won a single battle when I outnumbered an enemy 3-1. And I get there's times when they have top tier troops and they'll stomp any low level troops. The problem is that they ALWAYS have high level troops. And my troops keep getting crush, even at higher levels. Is there a stat that I'm neglecting?
    1. I do not think that is possible. Try an olive press in Jaculan. Build and forget about it, but it is not exactly great and micro-managing does not seem to add any benefit. Just be aware: If you are ever at war with the faction housing your workshops (as a mercenary, vassal, whatever) you will immediately lose them, turning them into "money pits" and most likely overall losses. This is the most important factor to turning a profit with them: ensure peace between you and those locations (best if you are part of a faction that is strong... so more of a mid to end game thing).

2. Make sure you have top tier troops. Use the medic skill, rest in town between fights (use your companion's health as a rough gauge), and level up your own troops until you aren't fielding armorless wimps anymore. As you have noticed: quality is better than quantity. You can be the one taking on much larger forces once you have all top-tier troops. If you rest to heal up your troops before the next battle the biggest concern becomes $$.

Also: if $ is no longer a problem, consider the steward perks "paid in promise" and "giving hands." You can forgo loot profit for troop XP. While it is still far less troop XP than just fighting battles, it can be helpful in bumping up low tier troops to lower their chances of dying in battle before getting leveled up.
  5. My king doesn't give castles to me

I'm a lord. I siege new castes for my own without any help from other lords again and again. But after I win the siege battle there is not my option for the election of the owner of the castle. Why? Maybe because I never vote on elections of other castles?
    I don't know about the why for the owner selections but to me it feels even goofier when playing as the king and having to choose between 3 of your own vassals, not having the power to give it to yourself nor to a specific vassal of your choosing :facepalm:
  6. Siege battles are weirdly bad for the defender

I always felt like the sieges were overly bad for the defenders because of all of the forced militia units that have no armor :facepalm:. With the limited number of troops on the field at any time, every one of those tier 1 pushovers is one less real soldier able to spawn at the moment :mad:.

People were comparing the highest number of troops personally killed in another thread and I could not participate: my highest count was an offensive siege where I slaughtered a bunch of unarmored militia with one-shots, half of the time they were just running away towards the keep :roll:
  7. Taleworlds about to announce a cowboy game

I was amused one year to find the My Little Pony characters posting about everything on the forums :lol:
  8. Armies

You do know that you can form armies in peace time? while the AI cant you the player can.
    And if you form that army of the 3 clanlead - the cost of influence is 0..
    I hate moving around in an army because it is so absurdly slow.

One playthrough I found myself pausing the instant a war was declared (nice that it has a distinctive sound effect :wink:) so that I could make a clan army. This was mainly to prevent them from donating their top tier troops to random places the AI army would take them :facepalm:). This led to me being in an army during every war, slowly creeping around the map. I could swear I even put cunning and scouting skill on my family members and I only used them for party leaders, no companions (this was back when the older brother in the campaign was customizable). Nothing I did made it fun.

Travel was so annoyingly slow that I have not even bothered using other clan parties since then :meh:. I only form an army at the gates of a city I'm about to siege, letting vassals arrive as I set up siege engines and do my thing.
  9. What does the word "personal" mean?

Then the 275 perk of medicine must be misclassified as personal because it takes effect on party soldiers according to the description.
    Yes, I believe it currently performs as "party leader" and does not take effect if you have a surgeon appointed.

In my experience the "minister of health" must be on the party leader.

I also think neither the perk nor the skill in general seems to work at 100% for other parties (or the general %chance for saving troops lives as "wounded" instead of killed in battle). When my family member was appointed as my surgeon, with 280 skill, we lost fewer troops in every fight (% wise) than when she was leading her own party later.

These were not auto-calculated battles. And they were big: army vs. army with over 1000 on either side.
    She had similar troop make-ups, but my party always had fewer casualties (after my character's skill got over 275 and grabbed the minister of health perk, of course). Technically at the time I was checking (we were fighting the same battles, joined in the same army when I was noticing this) she had the higher skill level, my character was sitting right at 275 and she was at least 290 by then. :???:
  10. I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

What I do find is that maintaining T5/6 troops is too cheap.
    Am I correct in thinking that cavalry, archers, and infantry all have the same upkeep cost as long as they are the same tier in Bannerlord?

I think I saw this in game and was surprised (when I first started and did not know how to make money). I could swear cavalry cost more daily in Warband, and maybe even archers were different from infantry, when comparing the same tier. I always thought those differences made sense.

Maybe those old cost differences were tossed when it was decided we had to pay for the horses of our cavalry in this one :meh:. I found myself hoarding horses on my last playthrough (loot from every battle, never sold) and had developed quite the herding speed penalty once my cavalry stopped dying so much and needing replacements. Oops. (I think I sold 300+ war horses at once :shock:)
  11. I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

People who have problems with money in this game can´t be using rougery for loot and buy all the equipment.

In the first start it can however be a little challange with money. Especially if one gets a few defeats against looters. And one don´t find any looters to attack after.

I do find the medicine to be a worse problems. Needs to be nerfed like 90%.
    My problems with money are mainly due to me having expensive tastes. I like spending it, and boy does this game give you the opportunity to spend it all.

Between spending 4 to11 million to peaceably take a town, 1 to 2 million for a castle, and at least half a million to bribe a lord to join my kingdom... My last play through I never felt like I had enough money and when I finished and I had less than a million in cash.

My kingdom was really an empire and we had every fief. (Black flags everywhere, whoo!) When are we getting more flag color options?!?!?

Every other kingdom ceased to exist (thanks new patch!) except for the Aserai, for some reason... :facepalm: Yeah. Was that a bug? When I stopped playing this character the old named-bandits-declaring-war-on-me thing is apparently still around. Gross.
  12. The only 2 playable factions

Once a kingdom no longer has fiefs they have no shot at gaining one again. Having them mindlessly raid is neither fun nor realistic.
    This is very true. In my current playthrough, in the newest patch, I bought my first city from the sultan of the Aserai (only for 4 or 6 million... :eek: I expected more from previous playthroughs) and then took out his kingdom first. I have now conquered the entire map except for 1 Sturgian city, and all of the other kingdoms have ceased to exist except for the Aserai (I assume this is because the sultan still has a ton of $$$ in his coffers... :meh: that are being dragged behind a horse somewhere as he is fiefless). They have been doing the same old behavior from the last patch during this whole playthrough and it adds nothing.

I have literally just ignored them completely and it has made no difference. They burned some villages around my capital, Sanala, a couple of times... and... that is it :roll:. They could not so much as capture one of my lords even once over the span of 10 in-game years, let alone a fief. Their tiny little 20-member warbands could evade any of my lords that thought about chasing them, so they really are basically just advanced bandits that don't get called bandits. Please don't bring this back. It is still in the game more than I would like it to be.

If you want to make it possible that half (or more) of my Aserai lords want to revolt and work for him again, neat. That could make sense. Civil wars and claimants would be the ideal anti-snowball mechanic. But going backwards to bad mechanics is just a silly idea.
  13. Obtaining a Crown

Ok, I have seen several crowned helms recently that had decent defense stats and looked cool (defense in the 40s or high 40s I think). Did I miss these in earlier playthroughs or were they added in the latest patch??

Either way, great job devs :party:! I keep delaying my first use of mods because I keep finding more great things in the base game :iamamoron:.

(I am delaying the use of mods as long as possible. Once I started using them in Warband, there was no returning to vanilla :lol:. I clocked a good 4000+ hours using the mods in Warband over the years, according to Steam :shock:, and that is not counting official mods that were separately run programs, like Fire and Sword)
  14. What happens when a clan from a destroyed kingdom manages to take a fief?

enable lone clans forming new kingdoms.
    Or at least be able to count as a "rebelling" 1-city minor kingdom thing like we currently have. I like a lot of the ideas you suggest, but a lot of them seem like pretty big changes that need to be left to modders :???:. I enjoyed warband mods like Pendor and Perisno that allowed the player to create new kingdoms with new cultures that were for the most part unrepresented beforehand.

Civil wars were basically in warband in the form of "supporting a claimant" but they could only occur at the player's choice.

When you say "civil war" I imagine the computer AI initiating it on their own. I would have preferred that as an anti-snowballing mechanism to the currently illogical "have all the weak kingdoms try to attack the giant strong one" mechanic without official alliances being possible between the small guys.

I think it would be much more challenging if a group of your own lords tried to break away and reform an old kingdom that used to exist apart from your new empire.

I suppose it could also be the result of a vote, like new ruling clan after the king/queen's death being split fairly evenly between two clans in a geographic manner.

I was always disappointed in the Perisno warband mod when I could take a fief and declare independence from my king when he refused to grant it to me, but then no lords would ever naturally follow me to be the new king (even when I had more properties than the rest of the kingdom combined and they liked me more than the old king, etc.). That is the sort of thing that should naturally split some lords into "following the other guy" and starting a civil war.

I did like the lords coming to your hall and asking to join you mechanic in warband (mods only?) more than the current bannerlord I have to go around begging-people-to-join-me mechanic. There should definitely be some other methods for this to occur, and civil wars are a good way for this to be possible. Several rebelling Battanian clans breaking off, and then months later joining the Sturgians? Why not!

If there are lone clans in my prisoner train I can no longer convince them to join my kingdom as the "current dialogue would not work" as they have no king to "betray." I think that should be changed too. It should be way easier to convince lords to join after their kingdom is no more, or maybe even have them asking me if they may join :wink:.

I was honestly surprised the first time a ruler died and I discovered a different clan can be voted into being the new ruling clan :shock: (and equally surprised to later learn this is standard and it is rare for a clan to keep the ruling position even amongst the AI). Mostly this caught me off guard because I was voted into being the new king and I was trying to be a vassal on that playthrough :facepalm:. It was not possible for me to vote someone else into winning. I honestly checked.
  15. Some of the beards not showing

I have the same missing beard (and one that is two slots later?) on my PC version (through Steam).
Back
Top Bottom