Recent content by Strelok_

1. Sub-forum section for MP mods

Whoever brings back custom equipment can rest easy for the rest of his life, Lord bless his soul.
  2. How famous is the above player?

Wow, Tyhke, you are still alive, that's nice.
  3. GIVE THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS WHAT THEY WANT: Fix Single-Player before doing anything else with multiplayer

So far, Bannerlord singleplayer has failed to provide the addictive joy and long term investment which was brought to life through simplistic, yet enjoyable "grind type" gameplay in Warband.
    Despite lacking basic lore, Warband has sparked waves creativity which resulted in the creation of great content.

While Bannerlord has made attempts to establish its lore and core synopsis, it is yet to achieve the immersive level of the original game.
    For some reason, despite all the attention that has been given to graphics, scene creation and map, it just feels uninspired and just overall generic next to warband's campy homerun campaign.

I don't want to be pessimistic, which is why I am not touching the game again before it is released properly, for now, however, this just doesn't feel like a Mount Blade game.
  4. THE ONLY TIER LIST YOU NEED TO SEE IN WARBAND (current)

It's so funny how the community has transformed over the years, lol. I won't even get into detail.
  5. [TKOS] The Kingdom of Swadia (Inactive)

Such a shame you didn't recover Swadian_Duel_Server scripts, Alene. The original map was cool as hell, perhaps a certain guy from Netherlands still has it somewhere in his archive files (same goes for the site). I just wanna read some of those 2011 application forms.
  6. Shema video thread

Got anything from your CoR days, Shema?
  7. Gibby's Video Thread

Its crazy how Taleworlds as a company completely missunderstood what made their own MP so good, you just gotta watch that video to understand, they were completely out of touch with their own game when they made Bannerlord.
    I still believe to this day that TW has greatly underestimated the input of their own community into Multiplayer. People have dreamed for years for a medieval Counter Strike-esque game which would be purely skill based, without any extra RPG perks. Since the release of Warband in 2010, patches aside, everything else has been created by the players: Profound utilization of simplistic directional combat system, sophisticated teamplay, competitive tournament system, etc. First two to three years in players would discover loopholes in the game's mechanics and make great use of it to further their style of play. Tbh, I think most TW devs have no idea how shield stuns work, nor do they know how feinting came to be a part of your skillset routine.

Silly promises aside, actions speak louder than words. 12 years later and yet we are still a marginal outlaw group of "dedicated individuals".
  8. Gibby's Video Thread

Captainlust should have never left. He was the only community guy among the devs who gave a ****.
  9. How famous is the above player?

A notorious forum warrior from the days of forgotten past.
  10. Gibby's Video Thread

Warband boomers assemble.
    Go get some Ndtions Duel Server clips.
  11. The Art of Blading - Warband Podcast

As a guy who started 11 years ago and witnessed many of those events, I can't help but shed a manly tear, Warband is indeed, one of the most community driven games ever produced, for many, it was a small cultural environment on its own. It's hard to find another purely skill based game like Warband nowadays, with all those cringey RPG's which infested the gaming market over the years. Was great while it lasted.

Thank you Gibby and M for this solid piece of nostalgia, you should keep the thing running, lots of new people might find it inspiring to learn more about the old days.
Back
Top Bottom