Recent content by Stevon

1. Stevon

19te Prussian Infantry, Going Strong Since 2011 Updated: January 25, 2016

Hope y'all are ready for cav tonight! Sharpen those sabers and polish your spurs! ;D
  2. Stevon

I enjoyed it. No arty was a nice change of pace.
  3. Stevon

'twas a great showing!

Also, well done with the cav on Friday folks! (Ignoring the massacre that was the last map... :razz:)

Hope everything went well Saturday and Sunday! :grin:
  4. Stevon

Hope everyone's week has gone well so far!
  5. Stevon

Shad0w said:
    Stevon said:
    Hope everyone's havin' an alright Monday.

*Grumble* Mondays...

Wait! Mondays are good :grin:
    Had an exam at 8 AM was all. :razz:
  6. Stevon

SP Antiquity [WB] Shadows in the Desert - An Ancient Middle East Mod

FrisianDude said:
    Also, many of the source pics in this thread show lions advancing along with the Egyptian troops. This is a thing which happened?
    Purportedly, Rameses II (The Great) kept a lion, not only as a palace pet, but also as a battlefield companion. It was said to have been at his side during the famous Battle of Kadesh.
  7. Stevon

SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Thanks for the update Hunter. :wink: Glad to hear everything's still on track! :grin:
  8. Stevon

Hope everyone's havin' an alright Monday.

*Grumble* Mondays...
  9. Stevon

The North American Public Regiment

Yay pubs!

I was in the regiment for one round in a lb months ago... got separated from the 19te so I tagged along with y'all until a cannon wiped out half the line, including myself.

It was an honour to mingle blood and grey matter with you 5arge.
  10. Stevon

MP Musket Era [WB] Colonial Conquest: William's War (Signatures on the Media Post)

Here's a couple that could also work:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E107nXLM98
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cfP0pq0bEQ
    That game, so much nostalgia... you could possibly use their soundtracks for the European nations as well.

I've looked around and I think it will be very hard to find music corresponding to the specific tribes we're concerned with, so we may have to go the generic route. I suppose that won't be a big problem though, the music really is just there to add atmosphere.
  11. Stevon

MP Musket Era [WB] Colonial Conquest: William's War (Signatures on the Media Post)

Windbusche said:
    Rogov! What're you doing here? :grin:
    Stalking you. :shock:

I browse the Pioneer's Guild quite a bit actually.

As to the poll, I'm biased towards New France, being Canadian and all, but all those options sound great!
  12. Stevon

DarthTaco said:
    The mounted Natives are most likely from the more western Plains tribes, and also looks to be late 1700s-1800s.
    DarthTaco said:
    Aye, for some reason research seems to be coming easier for the Native Americans than it is for the well established, well documented, European nations, at least in terms of references. Particularly those of the militias (currently I'm researching both New Sweden and the Virginia Militia), there just seems to be...more for the Native Americans.
    Good to hear, but yeah you guys will need be careful. It'll be much harder to achieve the same degree of accuracy with the Native Americans just because most people here aren't as familiar with their history as the Europeans'.

Pick and check your sources very carefully, there are enormous differences between the various First Nations peoples of the Americas that many people here are unaware of.
  13. Stevon

Naval Warfare

William_Hornsby said:
    Even naval maps without moving ships would be cool.  Boarding parties would be sweet.  Capturing the other ship.  You can build naval maps without moving ships and have everything simulated.
    Exactly. So few people fail to realize this... the types of battle's we'd be simulating would really just come down to boarding actions anyways and there doesn't need to be a lot of movement for that.

I don't think anyone really wants to stand on a ship for half the round, unable to do anything other than watch the cannons shoot at each other, waiting to close to within small arms and melee range.
  14. Stevon

Congrats!

Congratulations on the sub board! Great to finally get a chance to play the mod and I look forward to future developments! :grin:
Back
Top Bottom