Recent content by Stevebob

1. Stevebob

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

hunutteri said:
    mike56 said:
    Wasn't the Bannerlord world supposed to be Calradia? This image of the map does not remind me to any warband place.
    That actually reminds me of northern coast where where vaegir and nord borders meet. If it's not that, remember they did say they are going to expand the map.  :grin:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495678200

Is that the place?
  2. Stevebob

Reforged Edition: Issues

Don't know if this is due to the Reforged Edition:
    During the main storyline quest after taking out Bull Neck's refuge I get the pop up battle the finishes the Revenge: working for a Jarl quest. After it is over Solveig the Skaldmo is supposed to join your group. The dialogue window failed to come up. I had to do the battle 6 times before it would finely do so. The in game days that I did the battle were 51-57, there was room in my party so that was not it.

and one last thing are you supposed to be able to win the battle at the farm (if you turn bodo in)? or is that just not an option?
  3. Stevebob

courting and add nobles to newly formed kingdom

You will have to wait till the war is ended then you will be able to go back into the city. In the meantime if you see the lords in a battle with an enemy (most likely nords) then join them, if you win you will bust relations.

Ps don’t try and elope, huge relation penalty with the lady and her family.
  4. Stevebob

Just Realized

Biggiesized said:
    This strategy only works for this castle, right?  Or are there any other castles built into the land side that could be exploited this way?

A lot of the Sarranid castles are this way if I remember.
  5. Stevebob

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

CaptainLee said:
    Really? How long does it take, then? We've had varying blog intervals of 1-3 months so what are you basing this on?

They seem to do one about every two month on average.  So based on the dates of the last two blogs they will put one out on the 20th-21st of this month. Hopefully...
  6. Stevebob

ToyBoat said:
    since everyone seems intent on flooding this thread with silly ideas I'd like to suggest the addition of dogs! a lot more useful than children, and much easier to get attached to. :wink: (in all seriousness, more fauna would be a great addition with regards to atmosphere to say the least)
    LOL! That would be fun!

Jason L. said:
    What about adopting a young person that you can have as a companion train as you please and, when you are old, pass the command and your possessions to him. 

Wouldn't that be just like your other companions?
  7. Stevebob

testertesting:
    Swords: yes I way over estimated there weight sorry. :oops:

Plate armor: the average steal pleat armor battle was 33 – 55 ponds the heavy stuff could way 50-100 ponds but was mainly used for jousting.

Horses: yes I guess you did but people were still talking a little about it.
  8. Stevebob

First off leaping off a horse at full gallop wearing a 70-100 pound of armor swing a sword is crazy. The knight had a page to help him into his armor and then onto his horse. The best he could do would be like falling off his stead and what good would that do?? Skirmishers might be able to pull it off like in the 2010 Robin Hood with Russell Crowe (little Jon did this). Personally I have two horses and leaping off/ falling off is something I have done and would like to forget. 

Air leaping fighting ninja moves could work to a point. Again a heavy knight is not going to leave the ground even if he had a jetpack, but a light infantry could. For convincing take a baseball bat, or a long pole and jump with it /swing it to see how it works.

Friendly fire is definitely something they should implement an arrow will fall were it is pointed and if you are doing the mass archers lines like the English implemented in the battles with William Wallace you are going to hit someone on your side and that is not going to be pretty. 
  9. Stevebob

caneru said:
    It has been years since you have announced the this game and you are still developing.I have the feeling that you are gonna screw up this one,hope i am wrong.
    This is not something that we have never seen by the way.You should be focusing on the features that you have created(really you have the rpg features created from scratch) like having a family and children in the above comments.
    Just be quick whatever you are doing.And test it before production to make sure it is not full of bugs like every other game you have published after MBWB.

I just laughed when I read you comment. Like they would drop everything read you comment and say, “By God we better get this think operational!” you know we toss around ideas on the forms but in all likelihood they will never bother to read them. If you even bothered to read the thread you would get this fact, it was shocking when Armagan gave us a reply, and that was over 160 posts ago.

So instead of shooting down ideas, good or not, try and join in and use your imagination a little.
  10. Stevebob

vito397 said:
    Regarding the Children and Succession feature , which was put up earlier, it's a firm "NO!" from me.  While I can agree on coop feature, I don't see how the children mechanic would work. The game is on a day to day basis. Even if you get a child , on like day 500 , which is unlikely even so, you can't have a toddler ride into battle if you die. I see people suggest battles the scale of Total War too. It can be implemented , but I'm not sure if I have some NASA computer to handle the poly number in battle. Some people also suggest making this into a Crusader Kings II. Now if you want to play 30 in-game years to see your child grow up, sure go ahead, but not me. Diplomacy should be improved from the point of the Warband diplomacy mod and further, but making Bannerlord into a combination of Total War scale and children (?) would really ruin it from my perspective.

Yes that would be impractical but let’s say you die then when you go to start a new game you could have the chance to pick up the game like 20 years later as the “toddler” grown up.  You would then start with your coat of arms some trait like blood feud with the people that killed the first character (the father/mother). Maybe starting out with some of you old armor and weapons. And having some of your companions because they were loyal servants, only they are being older.
  11. Stevebob

Horses - speed over armor?

Due to the fact that I fight a lot with Khergit I’ve always like the spirited courser.  This is the fastest horse in the game (if I’m not mistaken) giving an edge over lancers. Their one weakness is that they are very easy to kill but I never had a problem being on foot anyway. I prefer to use a balanced light lance or heavy iron war axe. Because of their fragility I try to keep about three at any given time.
  12. Stevebob

Tavern's Tales

Well done! I liked reading the story hope other write something is as well! 
  13. Stevebob

ToyBoat said:
    Stevebob said:
    I though you did a post on the forms about conquering the world as the Rhodoks? and doing well if I remember.
    Nope. I've 'beaten' the game once as Khergits but that was just to say I did. You must have me confused with someone else

oh ok :smile:
  14. Stevebob

ToyBoat said:
    Yeah, I play quite similarly to you, original. I've never even raided a village. I just like to take a small piece of land and nurture it. I don't have any interest in conquering the entire peninsula.

I though you did a post on the forms about conquering the world as the Rhodoks? and doing well if I remember.
  15. Stevebob

original said:
    In Warband, with the revamped formulas, I understood the hardship formula, but again it was flawed, and prosperity of my Town did not increase despite my best efforts to help it.

I never did a lot with the villages but the towns will grow in prosperity but it has to be through caravans so long times of trade will make your town great. you can talk to the gild master about the wealth of the town... sorry you were disappointed with the First and Second :sad:  if it helps the king always gives you the hardest off village.
Back
Top Bottom