Recent content by Stefano

1. Stefano

[Bug] Repeating frames?

mtarini said:
    I think in SMD default bone values, i.e. the ones used for skipped frames, are not same same values as last defined frames, but interpolated values between the last and the next defined frames.
    That makes perfect sense! Thank you. I guess it also explains why animations on the editors (yours and Thor's) look choppy if compared to the in-game result. Only the keyframes are being used!

mtarini said:
    I think that problem will arise only for the few very big "all-in-one" animations of vanilla (like "anim_human"). You seldom need to export them. You rather need to "split the animation with action.txt"
    Holy crap, that's awesome! You can split the main animation file frames into named chunks and recombine them back as you please. :shock:
    It's been a while and I had completely forgot about the "action.txt" file. That context menu option didn't make much sense until you wrote "split the animation with action.txt". Heh.

Anyway, the "bug" I have mentioned is indeed of little relevance. Once I've used the right tools everything worked fine, so thanks for the elucidations.

I'm discovering more and more stuff as I write.
    Great tool, mtarini! Awesome work.
  2. Stefano

[Bug] Repeating frames?

I've repeated the exact same sequence of steps and something went wrong again. When trying to import the animation file: --------------------------- Error parsing SMD --------------------------- Error: Unable to read data from SMD (line 1285). --------------------------- OK ...
  3. Stefano

[Bug]Strange value on SMD [fixed in 0.0.66]

Prego, mtarini! I'm glad to have contributed, even if only with a molecule.
  4. Stefano

[Bug]Strange value on SMD [fixed in 0.0.66]

I just browsed around and found nothing on this issue, so here it goes (I'll try to be as informative as possible): 1. Opened skeleton.brf from the native (v1.011) resources folder. 2. Clicked anim_human with the second mouse button and selected Export animation from the menu. 3. Tried to import...
  5. Stefano

Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Oh, boy. This is pure awesomeness!
    Also shows tells me that I've been away for a very, very, very long time.
  6. Stefano

[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

Hum... I have no idea if 0.903 supports entirely new skeletons. And if it does, I don't know if BRFEdit can handle them.

Anyway, last time I dared to try it, I had to use one of the existing skeletons and added the new skeleton over it.
    So you end up with two overlapping skeletons and you rig characters to either one. The answer to your question is: you should combine your new skel to the native one, and re-import it into the game over the existing one (native characters will still find the old bones, so they won't complain).

I'll be experimenting with this stuff on the next weeks and I'll probably return to this topic for help so let's see how things currently are. :wink:

Cheers,
    -Stefano
  7. Stefano

Texture Artists, please help with this Costume (Seljuk Mercenary)...

Hey, Gluck.

I'm not sure I understand entirely what you need, but I probably can help.

Did you model the outfit in the picture and now you need it textured? Is that it?
    If you did, may I please have the UVW map or the model (preferably) to create the texture?

If you agree, please send me the pattern reference you've mentioned, ok?

Cheers,
    -Stefano
  8. Stefano

[Outdated] BRF Edit --out-of-date, see OpenBRF-- (last version 12/5/2008)

I know what you mean Thor. M&B urges are always there, but not always over the pile.
    I can only hope and pray you'll be feeling M&B coding urges soon enough.

Can wait to put my hands on the brand new, polished and shiny version 0.8.4 BRFEdit.
    *skips around like a child about to enter a candy store*

Anyway. Thanks for showing up to keep us up to date...

Cheers,
    -Stefano
  9. Stefano

Lego Mod--Need modeller/testers

Darian said:
    I'm sure you'd be aware of this, but LDraw is a good start for models if they can somehow be converted to whatever format M&B uses. They've replicated thousands of parts, all with the correct proportions and textures and everything. The parts are ultra low-poly, however, so they won't have quite the roundedness of some of LEGO's video games.

As for the legal side of things, LDraw parts are released under the Creative Commons Attribution license (more info here). This license is very easy to work with, and shouldn't constrain the mod at all.

Well, that's pretty cool! Even if the models are ultra low-poly, as mentioned, rounding edges is an easy task if all lego measurements and proportions are already turned to meshes.
    Nice find. I'll sure dowload and check what files this lil' bugger can export.

Cheers,
    -Stefano
  10. Stefano

Nethoras:
    Thanks! Yeah, I've figured the tri-count wouldn't be an issue, since the whole lego dude mesh has less polys than the average M&B character (body, head, calfs and hands).

It has been rendered on 3DMax 9, using "architectural material" plastic.
    Default scanline renderer, advanced lighting "light tracer" with bounces set to 1.

miclee1:

Thanks to you as well. I was thinking of doing a "lego" pattern normal map and texture for the floors, but since you've decided to put the mod on pause (II *click!*) we'll talk when you can fast forward development (|>|>) once again. :lol:

Ah! Forgot to tell you guys that the model is already rigged. There are like 8 bones in total.
    Can't wait to see how the single-axes spinning limbs on attack/walk animations will turn out. hehe.

Raneman25,

Why the hell you've quoted miclee for?
  11. Stefano

Sorry to bump this thread, but I did a this by request of a friend of mine and I thought that since it's already done, it could be useful for this mod too:

peasantlego.png

Farmer: What do you want?
    You: Surrender or... melt at high temperatures?
    Farmer: You rascal! You'll... wha... what? Melt?

Didn't read all posts so if someone else already did a lego dude, feel free to discard mine.
    It's a 2500 tris model (because it has lots of rounded edges).
  12. Stefano

Mod Idea

That would be a Darkmod and Bitter Earth hybrid mod, right?
  13. Stefano

Hey, cool idea for a M&B mod. A question:
    How do you intend to create articulations so they look like lego? I mean, lego limbs only spin around a single axis, and if you leave animations "as is" they'll look like a bunch of people in flexible lego costumes (see example below!)

An idea: if you want to transform Calradia into a small lego world, I think it would be a great idea to add some big plastic scratches and dirt (big fingerprints for instance) here and there, to create subtle size references. Since it's really hard to reproduce such tiny imperfections, I suggest you scan the most f***ed up ( :lol: ) piece of lego you've got using a huge resolution and use as your texture base.

If you need any help regarding such ideas, please pm me. It sounds like an interesting and challenging project. I mean: not "10000k-polys-armor-with-crapload-of-details" challenging but "have-to-think-outside-the-box" challenging.  :wink:

-Stefano

EDIT: example (LOL):
    pic12101.jpg
  14. Stefano

Normal maps on characters. Worth it?

Ursca said:
    Thought I'd update this thread with some info from the new version;
    Armagan said:
    We added a per-pixel bumpmap shader to the game. It's somewhat slower than the old per-vertex bumpmap shader but we used it exclusively for interior scenes, thus it doesn't really matter. One can also move the light around with the new shader, but we don't really have any use for that in the native game.
    That speaks for itself really.  :smile:

Pretty cool! Is that info .808 related? If it is, any idea what's the name of the shader? Oh, the joy. :lol:
    Flaming torches would indeed be quite a nice addition! Dark dungeons + torches or hacking off heads with a sword and a torch. heh.
  15. Stefano

dullness

Are you using photoshop + nvidia dds exporter?
Back
Top Bottom