Recent content by Spiky333

1. Steam Workshop Support

Idk where to ask this so imma do it here lol, on the site for uploading mods it says:
    Find the following folder \Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client and confirm that the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.SteamWorkshop.exe is located inside of it.

But the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.SteamWorkshop.exe isnt in there. Anyone know how to fix?
  2. Documentation World Map World-mapping for Bannerlord

You need to create a separate 16k vista texture to colour your world map. You will need to create this in an external image editor and import it into your module using the editor's resource browser. Then you need to load this as a vista texture with a plain_white albedo in the property tab of the editor's terrain browser. Look at main_map_area the old vista texture used by Calradia before TW converted to tilesets.
    Painting adds normal detail, not colour in world maps.
    Thanks man ill give it a go
  3. Documentation World Map World-mapping for Bannerlord

I'm not sure that I understand your question. The editor's paint tool is just as important for world maps as it is for normal scenes. It's crucial for painting detailed normals on your terrain to bring it to life. It's also the optimal means of adding flora (in paint layers) while maximising player fps. It's just too crude to provide diffuse colours. The paint tool paints in crude mesh triangles. Normal scenes are on a different scale, allowing blending and carpets of flora to paper over its cracks. On a world map, performance won't allow as much flora - no breeze driven grass to hide crude and repetitive textures. World maps rely on 16,384 x 16,384 vista textures for ground colour. Even at this high resolution, we're only getting 1k resolution per node in a 16 x 16 map. So, the vista needs paint layers that add detailed normals to the vista normal and area or splatting textures to the diffuse vista.
    Unfortunately, at the moment the game engine is heavily locked on tilesets. A custom world map at the moment will have washed out colours in game and only the first layer's normals are blended with the vista normal. Hopefully, TW with respond to bug reports posted on this problem and correct this and other campaign map issues.

Post in thread 'Custom main maps have had severe issues for several updates now'
    I know that it is important. I am trying to paint a desert area (everyting else also doesnt work with painting) I have seen some reddit posts and youtube videos that say it is different painting a world map than painting a normal scene. My quistion is; how to paint on a world map

Doing flora and raising terain and stuff i know how to do and it works
  4. Documentation World Map World-mapping for Bannerlord

Hey man, I just started modding M&B and making a world map rn
    I can only use the paint tool on normal scenes, but when i try to use it for Calradia scene or my custom one (Made out of calradia so i can use the settlements)
    I didnt know where to ask this so yea lol
Back
Top Bottom