Recent content by sphere

1. OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

actually, I have been trying to see if there was a way to assign precise groups rather than by troop types.  Even go as far as looking at using blank troops to temporarily copy the troop data and adjust the numbers.  e.g. say I have 40 swardian crossbowmen, I can use an unused troop id to copy...
  2. File Sharing Method?

In the world of svn, there's BLAME.  and it's called that for good reasons  :mrgreen:
  3. File Sharing Method?

my opinion: offer dumb archive files (using mbrepository is good) as starters.  Most people's expertise ends here. it is not practical to assume most people can setup and use subversion even with detail instructions. AND, if there is a lot of files and enough demands for subversion (e.g...
  4. ideas contribution wanted: recruitment mechanics

Looking for additional ideas (not implementations, just in case) for a recruitment mechanics mod I am working on. Firstly, this is not meant to be a mod that changes recruitment stuff right away.  It is more like a kit that ALLOWS modders to have an easier time changing recruitment stuff...
  5. Module System Requests

ti_on_game_load/start Basically a trigger that triggers every time a new game is created or an existing save-game loaded. (never "rearmed", but will trigger next time a game is loaded/started) This will be useful for graceful upgrading of versioned mod data in existing save-games. E.g. every...
  6. OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

only problem I find with the tuple to slot approach is that it is usually done at game_start, so hard to update an existing save game, unless an alternate way is available to trigger the updating of the slot data.  I tried implementing a lazy initialization myself (does a check for global...
  7. Mod Release Estimates - Discussion

you sounded like management :)  In work, I'll take that, coz I'd be paid to.  But if I'm doing something as a hobby, I think whether I want to entertain stuff like release dates or not should be up to me.  If I don't want to be hogged by requests and want to do things as I like (it IS a...
  8. OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

now you get it ;) compile-time stuff can do a lot of stuff.  In fact, you can make use of any of the module*.py data. e.g. write a script that parses module_items.py and classify the items there to be hooked up to strategy.  so that formations can work with ANY mod with different item...
  9. OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

imho, bad idea.  troop is just a template for agents for non-heroes.  Anything that troop have should only be taken as sample or average for armies using that troop.  Using the information can be tricky. e.g. faction of a regular troop could be the ORIGINAL cultural faction of the troop, not...
  10. OSP Code SP [WB] Order: Weapon Type Switch

may I suggest one more option? default i.e. when this is chosen the system should behave just like the original i.e. the agents will pick weapons as if this mod don't exists.
  11. New stuff in Warband 1.130?

Unified diff using svn In english, this is basically, what Somebody has posted: fix courtship initialization, some multiplayer duel thingy + more livestock.
  12. How to remove the warnings from your WB compiler [V1.132] UPDATED!

imo, it is actually a bad idea to "hide" warnings, esp by changing actual behavior.  may have issues wrt to save-game. e.g. some warnings could be partial stuff meant for future completion, but your having removed the lines will may it break existing save-game in a future build. (it may preserve...
  13. OSP Kit Combat Battlefield Tactics kit. Multiple formations per team+command revamp!

long-comments ahead warning  :mrgreen: regarding infantry, just a suggestion: vary spacing.  I found that using default spacing, it isn't good against no formation coz the opposing side can gang up on a few of your guys while those agents further away in formation just stand there watching. ...
  14. generating item kinds

you need magic, not mod  :mrgreen: seriously, try the thread where you got the models if you got it from osp.  Usually some people will post their own adaptations either in text form or in python form. Or you can do it yourself.  Just grab the item editor from tools section, find a similar...
  15. Python errors on a fresh start

I finally can't stand it anymore...  :mrgreen: Warnings are NOT Errors.  I know some experienced guys have been trying to help by avoiding this, but personally, I feel that this is not good for general "education" of new modders.  In the long run, better slap in the facts than to be gentle but...