Recent content by SolidXerm

1. L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

The Bowman said:
    SexHaver420?? said:
    I would not go there expecting information about the mod.

Lies.
    DQmX3FHV4AA550l.jpg:large
    what the ****
  2. Old Fan makes return, Ends up discombobulated

Thanks for the quick rundown, I appreciate it. I am glad to see some progress is transpiring, even if the man himself attests to the fact how slow the process is - Not to say that this is a shocker, mind you.
  3. Old Fan makes return, Ends up discombobulated

Hello! It's been quite a while since I last checked in on L'Aigle. Some of you may recognize me from olden times - A time when people were asking for the Japanese to be made into a playable faction, someone thought Montenegro singlehandedly stopped Napoleon and it was a common demand to make...
  4. Adminlik başvurusu

With my meager understanding of the Turkish language, I am able to deciper that this man intends to become an admin of an unnamed server. I have no idea how these türks keep ending up in the L'Aigle board, though.
  5. [Mini Mod] Valks troop file

Hemiola said:
    ... "Hungarian Insurrectio" ...

Rejoice, you hath summoned the token Hungarian enthusiast of this modification. Whilst I must say that I have read the reason why you have made such an untrue rendition of the obviously-glorious Hungarian Insurrection forces, I'd like to still provide you with some interesting trivial information - Largely to kill my own boredom, but perhaps you'll benefit from my ramblings as well.

Vertes_Egyesulet_huszar_nemesifelk.jpg
    Observe, a true-to-life replica of a uniform worn by the Hungarian Insurrectio's peasants. Chances are that the original stuff was a lot less pristine than this, however, because the Insurrection was largely armed with weaponry and uniforms from the previous century. This is the reason why many of them didn't even have bayonets but short firearms and swords or shepard's axes.

Additionally, the uniform rarely changed from the standard light-blue colour, but the braids were different depending on which garrison the man was armed from. For example, Insurrectionists outfitted from Segedin had black braids on their uniform. To mix the unity of the soldiers up even more, these troops also received different shakos according to which side of the great Hungarian rivers were they from.

West of the Danube - Red Shako
    East of the Danube  - Black Shako
    West of the Tisza    - Green Shako
    East of the Tisza      - White Shako
    Even then, however, there were many Insurrectionists who didn't receive the new shakos but got old ones instead. Really, REALLY old ones - From 1757, for example.
  6. Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like the idea of a multiplayer campaign. You know, with you being unable to stop time because there are other parties on the worldmap controlled by other players, all doing their own thing - Whether it is hunting down newbies at Zendar or moving through countrysides with their own warparties to siege and take a castle conquered by another player. Even the scenes of cities and villages could be brought to life with the addition of players frequenting the area between occasional trips on the worldmap.

On the other hand, I have no idea how to program and what little encounters I had with software development convinced me that professional programmers are anti-social unintelligible basement-wrecks. Thusly I comprehend that such an idea is possibly a nightmare to both conceive and maintain. Alas, a man can dream.
  7. Attaining flags in battle?

It is also worth mentioning that you can practically loot and plunder anything ingame this way. I made a sport out of taking those fancy french sabers that Boney's generals have as trophies, but you can take their horses too if you feel so cruelly inclined!
  8. L'Aigle Patch 1.4 Release + 1.41 Hotfix!

I have to agree, it does get rather bland once the novelty wears off - Albeit I have a fondness of the field battles. L'Aigle desperately needs some unique selling points, thought I believe it will receive just that in the coming updates.
  9. Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

So if you are going to remove the usual recruitment method, then please allow me to ask; What will you replace it with? I can not think of any other sensible system - Aside the one in Anno Domini 1257, but I doubt Feudalism would fit 19th Century Europe.
  10. Suggestion Thread. Your ideas here.

That looks very interesting! I do not doubt that the addition of this lesser modification would improve the gameplay experience of L'Aigle significantly.
  11. L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

The Bowman said:
    I really hope that Docm is working on this. I've been waiting for so long for a potent replacement for the silly NW.
    According to my latest information that is from these forums, the man himself said that he exclusively works on the Singleplayer as it is of higher priority. I am not sure of the implications of this revelation regarding the Multiplayer, however, so take it with a bit of salt please.
  12. L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

As far as I know, the man entrusted with creating the multiplayer section of the modification has been lost on the radar for years now. In light of this, I personally wouldn't invest much excitement into waiting for its release.
  13. L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

Dangerdude said:
    What happend??
    Nothing serious, as far as I am aware.
  14. L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

I honestly thought he was Asian, not that I ever gave much thought as to what his original nationality is.

This reminds me; How about we stop derailing this thread with undesired silliness? I wouldn't want to ruin the fun, but this discussion really doesn't belong to the Development Log.
  15. Faction banners taken in the battlefield.

Currently, there is no use to them as far as I know.

With that being said, I think there should be a reward for retrieving your own nation's fallen banners from the battlefield.
Back
Top Bottom