Recent content by Soil

1. Soil

Kinstrife - Historical Action RPG with Physics-based Combat

We've released a rough roadmap and a thank you note following the great feedback we've been getting for the alpha preview :smile: If you're curious, it's on our forums.
    Starting next weekend, we're also going to have monthly dev streams and dev logs where we talk about recent progress, give some more detailed views of our plans and also cover some behind-the-scenes game developer topics. To find out more, and to let you guys vote what you're interested in most, check out our new sub-board.

Mr.Milker said:
    BTW, do NOT start this from the itch.io application. The "run" button leads to the uninstall.exe, not the game.exe.

Woops, that's... unfortunate. We're looking into this, thanks for the heads up!
  2. Soil

Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

BenKenobi said:
    The atmosphere! Also, Škoda 105 and Lada 2107  :grin:

*snip*

Heh, I remember seeing the dev of that game post on another forum quite some time ago about volumetric lighting. He's definitely putting it to good use, lovely ambiance :smile: And it's progressed pretty nicely since then.
  3. Soil

Thanks for the kind words everybody! It really means a lot :smile: And it feels good to be back.

Styo said:
    Looks interesting, How often will the playable builds be released (Monthly, Quarterly, etc)?
    We haven't set this in stone, but I currently estimate we'll be shipping a patch roughly every other week (we have a patching system in place, so no need to download and re-install every time.) The next few weeks/patches we'll be fixing bugs and work on usability improvements based on the feedback we're getting. Getting armed combat ready for showcasing is also a top priority, of course; even if just at a basic level. However, we have also begun work on some pretty big (but boring) technical things in the background, like a better data management system (which, on the bright side, will be one of the corner stones of modding support and essential for pretty much every further step of the development down the line.) So that's going to take up quite a bit of our time as well.
    But since we're still at a rather early and volatile state of development (and we're not working on this full-time, yet) it's hard to make rigid schedules at the moment.

vaso said:
    but we have live/dead/unrealised many games in classik medieval setting: warband/bannerlord,  chivalry/mordhay, of kings and men/ war of roses/wikings , cingdom come...
    may be better idea make it on other setting more earlier or later (still no good games/mods about conqistadors)

Thanks! Once gameplay has been expanded to actually qualify as such, we'll be making the move to steam. You're right, there are a lot of games with in a high/late/low fantasy medieval setting right now. Quite frankly (we're trying to be pretty open about how and why we do things), going for this setting was a bit of a strategical move, because (a) there's quite a large audience for this setting (which is why it's so 'vanilla') and (b) there's just a lot more third party (graphics) assets we can use to speed up development.
    But our goal with this project is to create a platform for historical games. If our plan goes through, we'd love to explore settings that haven't really been getting much attention in games so far (Mayans? Rajput kingdoms? Celts, like that setting we've been messing around with before? Who knows!). We also try to design/architect the game with modding in mind (seeing how we both started out as modders!). Since we're a small team, this is likely not going to be Bethesda levels of modding tools, and more along the lines of the glorious motherland (M&B).

Mr.Milker said:
    It's entirely possible I'm experiencing something similar as when I first started playing Exanima. But I'm having trouble making my character do anything I want.
    I'll try to get used to it, but it seems to me right now that some of the controls are a bit counter-intuitive and impractical. (like choosing direction of attack by moving IN the direction of the attack. Maybe I'm too used to Warband, but it makes me look too much in that direction and miss what I was aiming at.)

One of the main reasons we're going public at this level is because we want to build up the combat system with feedback from people familiar with and passionate about the genre. The controls in particular aren't set in stone and we've been having a lot of discussions and brainstorming sessions on how to go about it. We are happy to hear feedback on the controller in particular; it's quite hard to see a system like that for what it is when you've been working and tweaking it for weeks and weeks.
    Character controls in physics based games are pretty difficult, it's a very fine line between breaking responsiveness or breaking the feeling of inertia and physical movement. But we're also open about where the sweet spot in that trade-off is for this game. If the community comes up with some interesting & clever ways on how to go about the controls, we may also consider implementing a few prototypical versions of suggestions and let you guys chime in about what you like best.
    And we'll try to squeeze in a quick mouse sensitivity option for the next patch! :smile:

Rallix said:
    I'm backing you guys. 5 Denars. I'm excited about this.
    Looks like I'm your first patron too.
    :party: Indeed you are! We've been considering closing down Patreon for now, as it didn't really seem to be taking off. But it seems like you're a trendsetter, seeing how there's a second Patron now.

It's super motivating to hear people are excited about this game (before going public we sometimes weren't sure if it's only going to be us  :iamamoron: )
  4. Soil

Thanks for the positive comments and interest! It's great to hear people are curious about what we're working on, it's definitely a great boost for morale, which is quite important for a two man passion project like ours :smile: And of course we're also excited to see so many of you guys from back in the day who still remember the Deus Vult phase!

Mr.Milker said:
    Out of curiosity, the physics based combat slightly reminds me of Exanima, have you guys seen that at all?

Ermahgerd, it's Merlkir :grin: Yeah, both of us have clocked a couple dozen hours of playtime in Exanima. We definitely see the game as a reference for how dynamic and 'constantly fresh' we'd like our combat gameplay to be. As many have pointed out, though, the "wobbliness" and at times slow pace are major drawbacks of their approach, which we are aiming to solve with a hybrid animation + physics-driven approach.

Tottel said:
    I also wonder if the alpha key provides you with all future updates. (Edit: Only alpha updates are included?)

We really appreciate everybody who is supporting us this early in development and we'd love to keep many of these people around for the rest of development. So everybody who gets a key now will of course get all future updates, not just alpha or beta versions. But I can see how that sentence on itch may cause some confusion, I'll update that.
  5. Soil

Der Spielplatz für Erwachsene

Hallo. Ich mach jetzt mein eigenes Spiel. Mit Blackjack und Hookers.

P.S.: Wow, hier posten noch menschen :eek:
  6. Soil

Wellenbrecher said:
    Hah, I have fond memories of Soil essentially harassing me

Gud, gud. And yeah, damn, it's been years... Anyway, good to be back! I see you've been gracing the forums with your presence less frequently in the last few years?

Scuba Steve said:
    Any idea on the system requirements?

Good point, we should add that to our itch.io page. Essentially, a GTX 760 should be enough for running this on medium-high settings at 1080p. A decent CPU, e. g. mid-range from about 5 years ago, should be fine. This is still a bit subject to change as the game evolves, though.
  7. Soil

Of Kings And Men

Scheint ja gar nicht so schlecht gelaufen zu sein für die Jungs, bis jetzt.
  8. Soil

Haha geil hab ich gar nicht mitbekommen.
  9. Soil

Language

B... but I was trying to be nice  :cry:
  10. Soil

Language

Wellenbrecher said:
    Especially love this tweet:
    https://twitter.com/asallime/status/541201830223822849

"I've been asking myself all morning how we can finally integrate the CSU (party in question - Wellen) into a modern, globalised society."

Dem quotation skills tho
  11. Soil

Melee: Battlegrounds

Wenn die 30€ reiner Lohn wären ja, da aber weitaus mehr Kosten in der Form von Steuern und Sozialversicherungen dazu kommen, nein.

Ist aber interessant, der Markt an mittelalterlichen Spielen füllt sich ziemlich. Gut für die Spieler, nicht so gut für die Entwickler ;_;
  12. Soil

Sehr interessant! Danke dafür. Besonders interessant fand ich die hohe Zustimmung für den Sozialismus, da jedoch die befürwortete Aussage "Gute Idee, die schlecht ausgeführt wurde" war, nicht vollkommen überraschend. Mich würde allerdings interessieren, wer für diese Umfrage rausgepickt wurde, insbesondere mit den Ergebnissen der Hauptschüler im Hintergrund. Nach einem großen Anteil von Immigrantenkindern sah das nämlich nicht aus.
    Auch recht spannend die Thematik in den beiden Videos am Ende (weshalb sich viele Ostdeutsche als solche identifizieren können/wollen) und das neue Proletariat im Dienstleistungssektor. Allerdings irgendwie sehr komisch und sehr oberflächlich angeschnitten und somit nur wenig aufschlussreich.
  13. Soil

Andere Spiele

Schade Schokolade.
  14. Soil

Andere Spiele

Etwas sehr spät, aber bist du noch als Freelancer am Start? In dem Falle hätte ich nämlich Arbeit für dich.
  15. Soil

Rule zum Rabensang said:
    Haben alle auf die Rückkehr unseres Erlösers gewartet. Nu kanns quasi rund gehen.

Genau das wollte ich hören!
Back
Top Bottom