Recent content by SockMonkeh

1. SockMonkeh

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Default orders

Hell, take it a step further and allow a default deployment. Let us load up an empty scene, arrange our dudes exactly how we want them deployed by default, and save it. 90% of my battles I wouldn't have to give any orders at the outset with these options.
  2. SockMonkeh

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Default orders

It would be wonderful to be able to set default orders from the party screen on a per-formation basis. Setting companions to follow, skein formation, hold fire. Infantry to advance, shield wall formation. Archers to loose formation and charge. Etc, etc...
  3. SockMonkeh

MP [SUGGESTION] Contrasting color schemes for mirror matches.

Reversing the major/minor colors doesn't do nearly enough to distinguish factions in multiplayer, especially with Sturgia and Aserai. It would be nice if every faction had an entirely different and contrasting color scheme to help differentiate units in mirror matches.
  4. SockMonkeh

SP - General [SUGGESTION] A few suggestions to improve smithing.

The first suggestion is simple enough: Allow us to save designs so we can easily recall and forge them again later. Second suggestion is simple as well: Allow us to rest directly from the smithy screen and allow us to "rest until fully recovered". Third, I think learning new blueprints would...
  5. SockMonkeh

SP - General [SUGGESTION] Allow Stables and/or Warehouse to be built in fiefs to store horses and goods.

Having finally captured a town, I see that this is a thing there. I think that castles could use a stash as well.
  6. SockMonkeh

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [Suggestion] Character Creation

FYI it works with the banner screen, too. Here's a third-party banner editor that uses in-game assets (not mods required) to generate codes for more complex banners.

7. SockMonkeh

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [Suggestion] Character Creation

If you press "Ctrl-C" when you are in the character creator the code for the character's appearance will be save to your clipboard. You can paste it into a text file for storage and "Ctrl-V" in the character creator to load it.
  8. SockMonkeh

SP - General [SUGGESTION] Allow us to choose a subset of troops to send forth when autoresolving

Similar to the way you can order your units to hold when you spawn and simply order a specific unit forward, it would be nice if you could "Send Troops" to autoresolve and choose which troops you want to send. This would be very useful for leveling up your recruits vs looters or bandits without...
  9. SockMonkeh

SP - General [SUGGESTION] Allow Stables and/or Warehouse to be built in fiefs to store horses and goods.

Like the title says, a couple of additions to available buildings in fiefs would be appreciated. I found myself wanting to drop off all my troops and ride with a minimal party to go look for a bride, but was forced to grind up all my pack horses into meat because I couldn't otherwise store them...
  10. SockMonkeh

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Talking with Nobles embedded in armies...

Was just in need of this in my game as well. Great suggestion.
  11. SockMonkeh

SP - UI [SUGGESTION] Allow currently equipped items to be used as civilian item if applicable without duplicate.

Rather than the current system, in which your civilian attire is entirely separate from your military equipment, it would be nice to be able to check a box or something to allow a pass through odthr corresponding military equipment currently in use of applicable. That way you wouldn't need to...
  12. SockMonkeh

Dev Blog 06/09/18

This is all really cool to hear, great dev blog. I like the news about co-op. There was a mod for Warband called Battle Time! that accomplished the same thing, but having it built into the core game as DLC would be wonderful.
  13. SockMonkeh

How to deal with the 2H spammers?

If someone is just spamming a 2 handed weapon they are going to be easy to kill. The first thing you need to do is accept that your opponent is better than you and is actually playing the game wisely, not spamming some kind of cheap instant win exploit. Like others have said, you can throw things at them. Good players are going to throw things back, so be careful. Additionally, don't think that the game is about trading blows until you make a hit. You shouldn't be waiting for them to attack so you can counter attack, you should be trying to get an attack in at all times. This doesn't mean you should be swinging constantly, but ideally you would be. You're going to have to dodge and block your opponent's attacks but only so you can have your own chance to attack. Chamber up a stabbing attack and wait for them to release a swing, your stab will hit first. Chamber block one of their swings, it's a free hit. The most important thing is that you need to be attacking. Maybe it just seems like the enemy is spamming the attack button, but what else do you expect them to do if you aren't throwing out any attacks?

TL;DR: Stop sucking at the game.

Sincerely,
    Two Handed Spammer
  14. SockMonkeh

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm hard. Where do I sign up for the beta?
Back
Top Bottom