Recent content by Slithy

1. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.2

Easily one of the biggest changes this version.
  2. Faction Troop Trees - an analysis as of 1.5

Going to go through more thoroughly later. Initial thoughts after a partial read: Good to see in depth analysis. I somewhat disagree on Aserai. I think their troops tree is quite good with the big handicap being the skirmisher -> archer upgrade. Khuzaits I think are in a great place in terms...
  3. Looters are fine, yay or nay?

They are fine. Armor and auto-resolve could both use fixing though.
  4. Armor not protecting

They changed stuff to where tournies and such use blunt damage.
  5. Patch Notes e1.5.0

No kidding. I'm excited for the 1.5.1 beta diplomacy stuff!
  6. Diplomacy Developments

I have noticed this before. I think the big difference is that the original number is the number of clans in the kingdom that support but the second number is adjusted by those willing to spend influence to vote and the amount of influence each spends. That being said, I've seen some pretty wild...
  7. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

You mean a probability each day or a probability upon the removal of one?
  8. Diplomacy Developments

Agreed on this. The player doesn't need to know all the details of stuff, but some hints as to what are the driving forces would go a long way towards feeling like they can make decisions that impact the world.
  9. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

That is cool. Good to be proven wrong!
  10. Diplomacy Developments

Great stuff! Probably going to need to be a few iterations on this but it sounds like a big improvement to the status quo. So where is your next troubleshooting spree going to be? AI pathfinding around siege engines and gates perhaps?
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

I would guess not - which is why I haven't put any time into 5.0 playthroughs.
  12. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Massive fix. This is what was keeping me from playing recently.
  13. Sturgian spearmen just doesn’t look like a Tier 4 troop

see also recent thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/why-do-sturgias-troops-get-worse-amour-at-teir-3-comapred-to-teir-2.429680/#post-9519235
  14. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.0

Welcome to software development. Complexity breaks things and you are always juggling new features against existing stability.
  15. why do sturgias troops get worse amour at teir 3 comapred to teir 2

So I have not looked into the related code or anything, but afaik the armor is effectively the same but localized to where the body gets hit. That would mean by raw area the body is likely the best and arm the worst, though having any weak points is a vulnerability. Boots tend to matter more...