Recent content by sirwahdiwahdi

1. sirwahdiwahdi

using custom troops in mods

the list of weapons and their game stats (think damage, speed, etc) are on module_items.py -> item_kinds1.txt. However that doesnt include the sounds, animations, triggers (special code), tableaus and 3D info related to them. So you will need to check a lot more stuff if you are porting items from another mod.

Also remember if your mod is PUBLIC you will need to get permission for the stuff you are using.

instead of trying to blind copy stuff from a mod, you should instead start on a easy task. Find a tutorial on how to add a item and follow those instructions. Then a tutorial on how to create a new soldier troop. Etc. Learn the basics before you try the hard stuff.
    Fair enough mate, guess i'm jumping in the deep end a little. I'll start having a look at some basic tutorials (tbh not really that many) and i'll go from there. thanks.

P.s the mods just for me, if it ever gets better i'll look into the permission stuff, but that's to far down the line for now.
  2. sirwahdiwahdi

what file are the weapons normally stored under? Moddings so much effort haha
  3. sirwahdiwahdi

Ahhhhh i understand, so i can use Morghs to do this then?
  4. sirwahdiwahdi

Basically I want the L'Aigle troops in my mod( copy of a Native module), i tried just swapping the troops.txt files but it crashes the game. how do i go about doing this?
  5. sirwahdiwahdi

Thorgrims doesn't load properly? no idea how to solve this.

For the Thorgrims issue with not showing towns/villages, download mount and blade(original not Warband) from Tales world website and install it to desktop, then download and install Thorgrims editor to desktop as well. open Thorgrims and it should automatically link with your newly downloaded mount and blade. Then to get the map you've made into Warband simply COPY AND PASTE (do not drag) the map.txt and parties.txt from Mount and Blade to your native module on mount and blade Warband (always make backups) BTW if theirs a better way of doing this please let me know?
  6. sirwahdiwahdi

trying to configure cartographer, it all i keep getting back is...

luajit: .\mab-registry.lua:1: module 'registry' not found:
    no field package.preload['registry']
    no file '.\registry.lua'
    no file 'C:\Users\owner\Desktop\cartorgapher\lua\registry.lua'
    no file 'C:\Users\owner\Desktop\cartorgapher\lua\registry\init.lua'
    no file '.\registry.dll'
    no file 'C:\Users\owner\Desktop\cartorgapher\registry.dll'
    no file 'C:\Users\owner\Desktop\cartorgapher\loadall.dll'
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'require'
    .\mab-registry.lua:1: in main chunk
    [C]: in function 'require'
    cartographer.lua:23: in main chunk
    [C]: ?
  7. sirwahdiwahdi

Basically Thorgrims is configured but when it loads the map i can't see the towns/villages (only the markers for where the main towns are), can't move any towns/villages and none of the UI titles load for anything just blank boxes, but the terrain types load. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and...
  8. sirwahdiwahdi

I've messed around in Thorgrims and messed up my game. please help.

For those who have this problem, download the original M&B Warband game on Tales Worlds site, and simply swap the modules with your Messed up ones for a nice clean start. This still doesn't make up for the fact i suck at Thorgrims though haha.
  9. sirwahdiwahdi

how to make troops recruitable from villages to each faction?

Sorry not to sure man, still learning myself.
  10. sirwahdiwahdi

how to make troops recruitable from villages to each faction?

Can you Recruit from anywhere at all? if not it might be a problem with their upgrade path. Just a guess.
  11. sirwahdiwahdi

I've messed around in Thorgrims and messed up my game. please help.

I've recently been messing around with the Thorgrims map editor, and I've changed the map(Native) in the editor and now it keeps crashing my game, so i uninstalled m&b on steam and reinstalled still crashing. please someone help me haha. i vaguely know i have to change some map and game files...
  12. sirwahdiwahdi

Ive made a mod, but it won't show up as an option to select in the module box when i load m&b

Did you make a copy of the Native folder first to have module.ini in the destination folder?
    Thanks for the reply, basically I've solved this now thank god, but I've got a new problem maybe you could help with. I've downloaded Thorgrims map editor but i can't get the directory to configure to m&b. driving me mad haha all i want to do is make a singleplayer for the AZW mod.
  13. sirwahdiwahdi

Ive made a mod, but it won't show up as an option to select in the module box when i load m&b

I've made a mod and i have it in the module folder and I've linked it up in the module_info.py but when i load M&B it doesn't come up as an option to select in the module box? Any ideas?
  14. sirwahdiwahdi

I've made a mod but i can't select it from the module menu when i start M&B

I've made a mod and i have it in the module folder and I've linked it up in the module_info.py but when i load M&B it doesn't come up as an option to select in the module box? Any ideas?
Back
Top Bottom