Recent content by SirOnyx

1. A Fresh and New FPS Problem after the 1.3 Beta (with Hotfix Patch)

I can confirm, constant stutter as soon as the troops start fleeing..
  2. What do you want? balance or content

Aside from bug fixing, I think content first and balance once you have all the pieces in place.
  3. Trading 225 kills the game

Because not only is it boring and unfun to just take over the world in 10 days when you have a crap ton of gold(what're you going to do after hmm?) but it's also very unrealistic... If you're going to sell your fief off to an opposing kingdom you might as well join them because the king is going to have your head for letting the title pass from his realm so you can be fat, rich and lazy temporarily. Less control, lower income, less recruits (if they're an enemy).

If somebody offered you 150,000 to never be able to have an income again would you take that deal?
    But then I said:
    "What needs to be done is, more strategic thinking from the AI, where they won't stupidly sell all of their land but rather think about it, maybe if they are out of money they will sell more easily or if you make them and absurd offer that they just can't refuse.. "

The AI should have strategic thinking, it shouldn't allow me to buy the whole world in 10 minutes, same as no-one will allow you to buy the whole world in real life...
    The core mechanic though where "Land = Money" should stay imo, but it needs to be done in a believable way, or in a way that makes sense at least..
  4. Trading 225 kills the game

I've had a lot of fun playing. I spent quite a while building up my finances, then pushed my own kingdom. I was enjoying slowly expanding, making a push and then buying my way to peace for a chance to restock and prepare for another push. Slowly I expanded, but it didn't feel easy.

Then I hit 225 Trading and was able to barter for towns and castles. Since by the time you hit 225 Trading you've probably already got absurd amounts of money, and buying towns dramatically increases your income further, within 30 minutes I went from my hard fought little corner of the world to owning half the map. I had to choose not to buy more cities because it was clearly making everything else irrelevant. I didn't need to build up armies for garrisons, because towns come fully stocked. I didn't need a siege army, because I was buying. I didn't need anything financial because my tax income skyrocketed. All other kingdoms were crippled without their towns. The only thing I had left to do was an incredibly tedious slog of conversation checks to recruit lords to my kingdom to fill it up.

Fiefs should require other fiefs in the barter. Coins can be used to offset negotiations, but a castle for a castle, town for a town, or maybe two castles for a town, etc. Raising the cost won't help because of the snowball effect of owning more towns, and the damage it does to the lords who sold their fief.
    I cannot find any reasoning in your post...

If I have enough money, why can't I buy land?? Why do I must have other land to trade for??

What needs to be done is, more strategic thinking from the AI, where they won't stupidly sell all of their land but rather think about it, maybe if they are out of money they will sell more easily or if you make them and absurd offer that they just can't refuse..

In my playthrough I play as a merchant. During late-game, buying and selling towns is part of my playstyle. I do think however that there needs to be a smarter AI with whom you negotiate these trades.
  5. how to unlock blade designs?

Basically, when you do a smithing activity as in "Smelting" or "Forging" you get exp points.
    The best exp you can aim for is when forging a weapon, especially weapons that are worth a-lot of money. The more money it is worth, the more exp you get.

What I've found is, you can quite easily forge javelins, particularly "Harpoons" and "Hewing" type javelins.
    Every successful javelin forged will net you at least a lvl if not more in smithing AND you will also unlock new parts for every new lvl gained.

The type of new parts gained are completely random as of this moment unfortunately..

Thus what I have done is, once I got to 225 in Smithing through grinding, I've used a cheat to unlock all parts. The reason I did it was simply because I've felt like I've grinded enough and to me it feels like I should have unlocked way more parts than the amount I've unlocked up till then.

So by cheating AFTER the grind, I'm not feeling as if I've cheesed the mechanic, but as if I've successfully achieved the level of a master smith.

Hopefully in the next patches they make it so unlocking parts makes much more sense and not just silly RNG where you forge a javelin and suddenly you know how to make a T5 cataphract mace...
  6. Main quest line fail

Happened to me as-well, playing on beta 1.2.0, happened during the initial phase of the quest where you need to speak to 10 lords.
    Mind you it has been 700ish days in game and not 10 years as the log suggests.. I thought we were rid of this bug but apparently not.
  7. 1.2.0 Towns are (almost) bankrupt

Can also be related to the caravans nerf, if caravans are being attacked more then the towns can't get materials and thus going bankrupt..
  8. 1.1.0 Caravan party size change?

It is not a bug.

If your caravans are 60-80 people they are 99% safe again. We cannot get what we want (high risk-high profit). They are making you 0.5-1K profit each day. Their initial cost is 18K. Even if one year they survive you already make good profit. Caravans cannot be your only or main income source for years.

There are several income sources at game and you do not have to follow only one :
    -castles / towns : 20% of prosperity as tax
    -villages : 50% of profit from sold items are taken as tax
    -workshops (everybody were runinng same 1-2 workshops, this is why pottery shop is nerfed, pottery shop was creating 2 potteries from 1 clay and this is way more profitable compared to other conversations thats why it is nerfed)
    -caravans : they are making trade and you get 20% of their money when their capital passes 10K.
    -battles : you get loot from enemy deaths, you get woundeds as prisoner
    -tournaments

When you watch gameplays lots of people were feeding their armies with 1-2 caravans however caravans are only one small game element they should not be your main money source. If you feel they are useless or if you are in a risk group (if you have lots of enemies currently or bandits are overpopulated) you do not have to form a caravan. If you want more money sources you should try to get more fortifications you should increase your relation with other clans (I accept which is hard currently - there are less ways to get relation (will increase by time), one way is voting for them in elections by spending influence)

If you execute every lord you caught bandits are overpopulated in long term play. So your caravans are in more risk ofc. What you did in past have an effect in future. In future there can be new perks for giving your caravans +10 party size maybe but more than this is OP.

Caravans are good at early and mid game however in late game you should find other sources.

Q : Why forming a caravan costs 18K ?
    A : You are giving 10K as initial money to caravan. They are buying their first trade goods with this money and all trade is initiated from this 10K. 8K is cost of 30 men you get. These troops are level 16/21/26 troops. They should be at least 250 denars per each one.

By the way Stewardship skill level of companion can give extra party size to caravans too in future however this will be so low compared to their normal effect when they form clan party. Trade skill is most important skill you should consider while selecting a leader to your caravan. (I accept there are less companions with good trade skill, however I am not dealing with this part)

Q : Why player cannot give trade routes?
    A : It can be added in future. After major problems are solved.

First I'll just say that I appreciate your thorough response and I can definitely see some reasoning in your points.

Now, when it come to actual gameplay, since downloading the new patch my 3 caravans have all been destroyed within 15 minutes of playing...
    2 were killed by Looters, and 1 by an enemy Lord.

I currently play as a Vlandian hybrid Merchant/Mercenary, where we trade during peace and we go to war when necessary.
    I rely on my workshops and caravans to provide for my party during peace time.

As stated before, all of my caravans were totally destroyed 15 minutes into the new patch! Clearly this is not a risk I'm taking but rather I'm throwing my gold away...

I can clearly understand the importance of balancing OP mechanics but please be a bit more considerate and think your steps through.
Back
Top Bottom