Recent content by Sir_Smittih

1. Sir_Smittih

Resolved Steam update "Manifest Unavailable": game won't update or launch

Summary: How to Reproduce: Open Steam, update queued for M&BII Have you used cheats and if so which: No Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: Windows 11 Home GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 GPU Driver Version: 526.98 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500 6-Core Processor, 3593...
  2. Sir_Smittih

On Crafting Orders

Is it possible to review the stamina system? At the very least allow it to charge as we walk across the map. That way the player can hunt down some looters (or improve some other skill) while waiting for it to fill.
    +1
  3. Sir_Smittih

On Crafting Orders

I strongly believe that since we already get a lot of the parts unlocks from smelting weapons, there should be modifier that makes it more likely to learn a particular part depending on what you smelt. So if you smelt a Spatha, you have a higher chance of learning a part that composes a spatha than other parts. That would help your case, as you could focus on smelting weapons that contain the parts that you want to learn.

It would be good for gameplay, it would make logical sense and it's already been done in a mod.
    +1
  4. Sir_Smittih

What do you think about current influence costs at proposals ?

Why not? And why would that be a bad thing?
    You mentioned that the AI sending never-ending armies was bad... if the changes proposed created such a condition it would exacerbate that behavior.
  5. Sir_Smittih

Why so much Sturgian Boots tho?

Finally I can stop running around in bare feet... my wife says I have looter feet!
  6. Sir_Smittih

What do you think about current influence costs at proposals ?

If we change system and increase costs when one new lord is called we should refresh interface after each checkbox click which is not a good solution. Maybe cohesion can drop faster for bigger armies like 1.5 extra cost per member. Or to save simplfy of formula we can make each starving, weak, low morale party reduce cohesion by 1 not 0.5. (will be less effective)
    Sounds like increasing cohesion cost would be a step in the right direction. Particuarly if it were non-linearly proportional to army size. It's logical to me that a larger army would be exponentially more difficult to organize/maintain than a smaller one.
    But I also like the idea of having influence "expire" relatively quickly. For instance, after being held prisoner for some time, it would make sense that a lord would return to court with less influence as they were "out of the game" while imprisoned and would be less aware of current affairs of state. I'm assuming, however, that this wouldn't result in a "use it or lose it" behavior.
  7. Sir_Smittih

Lacking goals for late game

Resurrecting this thread as I seem to be incapable of completing any of my play-throughs before I lose interest... :sad:

Early game keeps my interest... it's "scrappy" and I'm just trying to stay alive and build a sustainable character (trading, running away from bandits, recruiting, managing the levels of my recruits to stay within my budget). I know what I need to do and I know I have multiple avenues to get there.

Mid-game transitions to a more military focus (more battles, formations, armies, sieges) with some limited character development (marriage, children) and diplomatic play (influence, voting). Progresses/changes things up in a reasonable way. In some sense "I've made it! Now I can think about my vision and execute my strategy to get there."

Late game after I take my first fief and create a kingdom I just completely lose interest. Partly it's because I know how frustrated I'm going to be with spending all my time chasing lords around the map to recruit them while my stupid vassals start pointless wars... partly it's because the only real goal is "take all fiefs". Extremely one-dimensional. In fact it's more one-dimensional than mid-game. This is when I expect the game to be different and more complex, not less. Where's my reward for making it this far? Don't get me wrong... I struggled in the same way with WB. In fact, I think part of the issue for TW is that they classified WB as a "success" without ever fixing this (or recognizing it was a problem in the first place). So I'm not actually sure they understand it's an issue. And if they do, I'm not sure they understand how to fix it. Remember, when you're a hammer... every problem looks like a nail.

I read through this entire thread and there were some good ideas... In particular, I was interested in the reference to the Civ series. I've played Civ for years across multiple versions and for countless hours before I ever discovered WB and then BL. One of the big reasons I kept going back was that they developed multiple "victory pathways": military, science, diplomacy and culture. And you have to play very differently for each. And you have to achieve your victory before someone else does (regardless which path they choose). Right now BL feels REALLY one-dimensional: "fight lords, take fiefs". One solution to that would be to expand on that one dimension: slightly more involved interactions with other lords, adapting the timescale, better balancing, etc. This seems to be the focus of most of this thread. At the extreme you would create a "BL meets CK3". But that's a REALLY tall order. And I think the complexity of CK3 would be 2 steps too far.

Another option would be to add other dimensions (victory pathways and endpoints/goals) like you see in Civ. And I actually feel like BL already has some of the pieces in place for this.

For instance, every town has a garrison (path to military victory). But they also have merchants, artisans and gangs. I would love to see other options for "winning" like:
    1. Merchant Victory: Your trader character takes over all caravans. You're the "Medici bank" of Calradia and no king will dare cross you lest you forbid caravans from serving their fiefs, thus causing starvation and rebellions.
    2. Artisan Victory: Your smithing character takes over all workshops. You're the "James Hoffa" of Calradia and can bring each faction's economy to a halt giving you tremendous say over matters of state.
    3. Criminal Victory: Your rogue character defeats and leads all gangs in Calradia. As distasteful as the kings may find it, they require your cooperation, in particular so you'll keep the merchants and artisans in check.

Adding interactions between merchants, artisans, gangsters and lords would add significantly to the late game dynamic. Regardless of which position you decided to play. To me this would be as important as diplomacy with other factions. And more so if these characters dominated all of Calradia.

I suspect we wouldn't be so upset with the limitations of any one "victory pathway" if we had the opportunity to play the game from multiple angles for each new campaign. Anyway, just a thought. Though it may be too late for such things. What I'm proposing is actually quite difficult to rearchitect if it wasn't designed for from the beginning.

Unfortunately right now every time I think of starting a new campaign (recently considering a rogue playthrough) I ask myself: "To what end? Just until I get bored?" So I don't. I'm gradually shelving BL and it isn't even technically released yet.
  8. Sir_Smittih

Smithing much better

Also noticed harpoon javelins were nerfed by 90%... huge improvement.
  9. Sir_Smittih

Civilian outfit item can't be re-equipped

Yeah that's what I use too. It a very odd piece of gear, also a great economy armor for any clan members, I buy them when I find them.
    Gotta wonder if it being a civ gear is just a goof though, it being 2X and good as any other.
    Probably a mistake... like the fact that you can equip a horse but no saddle, lol.
  10. Sir_Smittih

Civilian outfit item can't be re-equipped

Yep, the NPC (and you I guess) get thier gear cheated onto them when they spawn. They should mark most of those item as civilian and ad lost more civ gear or, and this is a hot take: get rid of the civ gear mechanic and just let us use combat set everywhere! I don't feel civ gear adds anything good to the game it's just annoying and there's very little worthwhile civ gear if you want some for say doing jail breaks.
    Just realized you can equip the empire thick brigandine vest as civ gear... 34/8/4. It might actually tempt me to try a prison break again, though it won't do anything about the cramped fighting.
  11. Sir_Smittih

Help... my wife won't die

You would rather murder your wives like spent breeding cows? :lol:
    Honestly? No. I'd actually rather divorce them... assuming there's no alimony.
  12. Sir_Smittih

OP, save yourself some time and just install one mod. Marry Anyone. Then enable polygamy and marry as many hoes ladies as you can. Then you don't need to worry about killing them when they don't bare any fruit. ?
    I guess I'm too "old fashioned" for polygamy, lol.
  13. Sir_Smittih

Caravans

thx Flesson19!
  14. Sir_Smittih

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions... much more interest than I expected.

Therefore, for some closure on this subject, since some of you may be interested... after another dozen or so attempts at sending my rag-adorned, weaponless wife charging alone into bands of outlaws... only to have her limp, wounded form continue to exhibit traces of life... I followed some of the advice above. Namely, I charged my entire party into a battle... however, I quickly called my wife back to follow me... and as she ran back up the hill towards me, smiling... I shot an arrow through her heart and killed her. I suppose it was cowardly hoping a looter or mountain bandit would do the deed for me... Needless to say, I didn't enjoy it. But it was best for the realm...

On to the next wifey and more spawn! Seriously, though, two generations ago people on the farm were having families of 10-15 kids... no way fertility should fall off so fast. Playing sandbox and really missing the siblings (planting them in towns for charm and relations, marrying the males off to grow the clan, etc). I.e. I'm not actually into killing family members. But children early and often seems the only way to make up for it... or maybe they could introduce adultery. For every legitimate heir a royal had, there were likely at least a dozen illegitimates out there.
  15. Sir_Smittih

Check the difficulty settings: mine defaulted to immortal companions after the new update.
    Thx Apocal, you were right. I changed the settings to "Bannerlord", ie. realistic for all... since then I've done another 10 or so battles where I sent her in alone against bandits... she still keeps coming back. Will keep trying and if it doesn't work after a few more larger battles I'll submit a bug report.
Back
Top Bottom