Recent content by Sir Mordred

1. Sir Mordred

Need More Info Blank texture, game freezes(1.8.0)

Came here to share a workaround I've stumbled into for my fellow Win7/8 users.
    Your workaround did the trick for me on Win 8.1; thanks!
  2. Sir Mordred

Dev Blog 14/03/19

primethief147 said:
    I'm not sure why everyone else is fine with a blog dedicated to just horse reins
    Oh, I just love blogs about things that "shouldn’t impact gameplay in any way".  :roll:
  3. Sir Mordred

Long term relevance for character backgrounds

King Harlaus: "A 'street-urchin-turned-thief-turned-vagrant' I've never seen before is a perfect person to collect taxes from Praven for me."  :facepalm:

It looks like Bannerlord is working to solve the problem of peasants joining the army of any unknown 'street-urchin-turned-thief-turned-vagrant' with 10 Denar to rub together, hopefully they will also make Lords reluctant to trust nobody's
  4. Sir Mordred

What do you guys think of the new features being removed?

I'd been excited about playing out my Alfred the Great fantasy, spreading burh's throughout my kingdom or Harald Hardrada joining the Varangian Guard before carving out my own kingdom.

Makes me wonder what other features are/will be cut.
  5. Sir Mordred

Dev Blog 06/09/18

Will the game have co-op?
    Adding co-op functionality to Bannerlord would increase the complexity and development time of the project considerably and therefore it will not be included in the release. We can hopefully add it as a DLC after release. We think the only viable way to support this is to make a single party co-op where additional players can join the main player’s battles but cannot venture into the campaign map on their own.
    So copying a Warband mod is so complex that it needs to be a DLC?

Can we still build castles in villages we own?
    We had to drop that feature. At some point in development, fief management became too complex, with towns, castles and villages each having their own specific management screens. The ability to build castles in villages also gave rise to complex rules. For example, demolishing the castle in a village could potentially revert the village to another kingdom and we had to add complex logic to handle that. Overall, we felt that the design had become too bloated and unappealing.

The solution was changing the status of villages so that they would no longer be considered independent fiefs but were always attached to a castle or town. This removed the necessity to have a management screen for villages and simplified and streamlined the system. The aesthetics of our new villages is also much more pleasing.

Are we able to join minor factions?
    You can hire some minor factions as mercenaries or enlist them to your kingdom in other ways, but there is currently no way to join minor factions as a member.

To be clear, the following is now untrue?
    Dev Blog 30/11/17 said:
    players who wish to emulate the adventurers who founded the Vlandian (and Norman) kingdoms can seek their fortunes with the Company of the Golden Boar,

This blog sure knocked by enthusiasm down a couple pegs.

6. Sir Mordred

Dev Blog 19/04/18

Blead said:
    The link to the blog is not working for me.

Going to www.taleworlds.com is also not working for me.
    You can get to the blog by going through the Bannerlord steam page
  7. Sir Mordred

Dev Blog 01/03/2018

When I read the blog's title I was expecting to be disappointed, but actually enjoyed the blog. was going to say something like below
    kalarhan said:
    it includes gameplay impact (combat), worldmap diversity (bonus for travelling and caravans), faction and area diversity for the desert.

It also demonstrates the power of the engine for mods that want to create new animals, which is a big deal.
    I think they should have focused less on the camel itself and more on its implication (could we see speed/maneuverability penalties for heavy cavalry in snow/boggy areas?)
  8. Sir Mordred

Women in Bannerlord

KarlXII said:
    In fact, when the US was deciding to give women the right to vote, most women refused it because it meant being open to be drafted. It was only when the draft was removed as part of that "package" that women supported suffrage.
    I realize we are moving into off-topic land, but do you have sources for that?
  9. Sir Mordred

About weapon slots

vicwiz007 said:
    Does anyone know what the thing under the horse slot is? A saddle?
    I believe they said it was horse armor
  10. Sir Mordred

What do you guys think of a stamina system in Bannerlord?

lolbash said:
    Can you explain how exactly wanting to wear the heaviest armor is a flaw?
    I'm going to play as an archer so I'll need Plate Armor, Plate Boots, Winged Great Helmet and Gauntlets.
    Why bring any Velites if you could bring more Principes; Jinete are just rubbish knights, right?
    But seriously, if you had to fight just one field battle with a force pool of Sarranid Skirmishers and Nord Huscarls to recruit from how many players would take any Skirmishers?
  11. Sir Mordred

What do you guys think of a stamina system in Bannerlord?

There are two questions to consider: What are we trying to accomplish with a stamina system? and Is there a better way to accomplish this?

IMO, one of the flaws in Warband is that there is never sufficient reason not to wear the heaviest armor you can afford. Likewise, there is little reason (really, little choice) but to upgrade your troops to the heaviest option available. Even at full difficulty, 100 Swadian Knights make you invincible in field battles. It there any reason to have Sarranid Skirmishers other then as a stepping stone to Master Archer? If I wanted infantry with throwing weapons I'd start down the Nord tree, Jarids piercing damage notwithstanding.

I think that is the problem which mods and VC are trying to address by adding a stamina system; to create a role for lighter armored troops. I think that VC's stamina system, along with the Armor Penalty, did an ok to good job. But I don't what that to be the way Bannerlord addresses the issue. Whatever the solution is, it needs to be a core part of combat, not something that can be switched on or off. The stamina system (at least as implemented in VC) feels too much like "look at this game mechanic".

I think a better solution, at least in part, would be to give useful battlefield roles to different types of units. Obviously we don't know how things will actually shake out in the end, but it's looking like they are heading in that direction with the sergeant system, multiplayer captain mode and quotes like
    Bannerlord is working to make control of the battlefield more important, so that skirmishing is usually a prelude to a clash
  12. Sir Mordred

Dev Blog 09/11/17

KhergitLancer80 said:
    I was actually impressed by her stance. She just looked like a tired woman and she is about to check how much Money left in her hand to buy some watermelon it really reminded me of housewifes in bazaar.
    I agree. Its a little thing but a very nice change. The people look much more natural in their stances and like they actually have a purpose, not just wondering aimlessly like windup toys
  13. Sir Mordred

Small footage from Gamescom

Looks like the AI can actually counter the player slowly walking backwards
  14. Sir Mordred

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

I hope that when I join a battle already in progress it actually looks like I showed up in the middle of the battle instead of "resetting" to the start of a new battle
  15. Sir Mordred

Bannerlord Discussion Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

SirAlecks said:
    If im not wrong a dev already stated that coop wont happen at least at launch
    From FAQ:
    Will there be co-op?
    We haven’t made any final decisions on co-op at this moment in time. We will make an announcement on this as soon as we have more information to provide.
    I find this answer really troubling. I think co-op would be a blast. I'd force my friends to buy the game and would love to be able to play with them, not just fight them in multiplayer. I also think that it would be difficult to implement properly and would likely require being built into the engine from the ground up, not patched on top at the end. That they still, apparently, don't know if such a (presumably) central feature will make it into the game or not is difficult to reconcile with the talk of "finishing touches". Couple that with
    What are the system requirements?
    TBA
    and I'm afraid that they are still a long time from releasing Bannerlord
Back
Top Bottom