Recent content by Sir Garon

1. Sir Garon

Fog of War

The real head scratcher to me is that the damn thing was applied to campaigns already in progress. Totally throwing a monkey wrench into the grandchildrens dating lives. :xf-frown:
  2. Sir Garon

Ps4 Heroes slot next to Captain slot?

There is a place to assign a hero as well as a captain when setting up formations before battles. I have searched and cannot find any definitive info on what this is for. Can somebody help me out? Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find any answers anywhere on the subject.
  3. Sir Garon

Fog of War

Fog of war SUCKS! Until they make this optional there's no way in hell I'm starting a new game. I do have to work for a living..Who has hours and hours of time to blindly scour the map hoping to find a companion that may have the skills necessary for the job? Not to mention all the other time consuming fog of war stuff you have to deal with. Make it optional please.
  4. Sir Garon

Resolved PS4 (Not enough memory?) Game crashing every session. V 1.07

The update seems to have fixed the crashing issues that I was having. Have been playing quite a bit and not one crash since update. My confidence in the developement team is restored. Great job! At this time we can consider this issue resolved. I'm guessing that the changes made to the save game file size is primarily what fixed the problems I was having._.As suggested by the moderator in this thread.
  5. Sir Garon

May I suggest then that I should be refunded the 50 dollars that I spent on this game? A game that developers should have known would perform this poorly on a platform that they released it for? Please direct me to the place where I can get my refund. I was holding out hope that something could be done to fix the memory issues, but from your response I can see now that all hope is lost.
  6. Sir Garon

I am 57 "Game years" into this sandbox campaign. After loading my save game, I can get through about 3 battles before the game crashes. Most commonly the crash will occur while I'm taking the defeated lord prisoner. But if I manage to get past that stage, it may crash upon my next encounter with...
  7. Sir Garon

Need More Info The game crashes after update to 1.7.0

On PS4. Game just crashed when I clicked on "Lead an assault" while besieging a town. An error has occurred in the following application (CE-34878-0)
  8. Sir Garon

Need More Info The game crashes after update to 1.7.0

I've been playing the game on ps4 since launch and it seems like each update makes crashing more fequent. This latest one being the worst. I played the hell outta warband on ps4 and don't recall having any issues at all. I was hoping that with no modding to muddy the waters, that the console version would be essentially bug free, but with Bannerlord, at first it was the "Corrupted save" issue, which seems to have been fixed, but the same crashes are occuring and a few new ones. For awhile most crashes came following battles while taking enemy lords prisoner, but now I'm getting crashes pre-battle too. Crashes are occuring from just arriving at a village or upon trying to speak to a village elder. I'm having them occur when making contact with bandit parties also. I don't want to sound like a complainer because I love this game and just want to see it get better. But I have to be honest about it, no offline console game experience should ever be this buggy, not for 50 bucks anyway. Hopefully the devs get it all straightened out.
  9. Sir Garon

[Development] - Suggestions, Brainstorming Thread for V5

King Loras said:
    The Companions as Lords thing was something I liked in Native Expansion, but I do not think it would be as useful in SoD. In SoD, you can actually hire Lords from your homeland. I have 16 already in my longest game, and I see no need for more. And their armies are relatively large compared to the maximum army size available to the Companion-Lords in Native Expansion.

Yes I know...and I think my suggestion would be more of a challenge. Especially if you couldn't make them Lords until they reached a certain level. Has that been done before? Has it been done where their troop amounts are determined by certain skill points of the companion/Lord? Or the rate/level of promotion of their troops? If that stuff is being done somewhere please point me in the right direction!
  10. Sir Garon

jasonxfri13th said:
    I just thought of a great idea...
    The amount of nolbes you can get should be based off of your renown and off of your persuasion
    Faith troops should be limited by your faith and your persuasion.

It's funny how you had this "great idea" just a few short posts after I suggested a similar design related to the amount of troops companion/lords could have. :cool:

But making companions lords is not fun. I like them in my party helping me out, I do not want to level them up and never use them.

So you basically want everyone to be forced to play this game the way you think it's fun? If you don't think it's fun playing with companions as lords then you wouldn't have to...but someone else might really dig it and if it's possible...I think the more options the better.

And being more interested in finding ways to add limitations than you are in opening things up more is a big mistake IMO. We should just be adding the options and letting people decide for themselves how they want to play the game. If they want to make a companion into a Lord then they could...if they don't think that would be "fun" then they don't have to. They could just recruit a Lord the way they are recruited now...what's the big deal with that? :roll:
  11. Sir Garon

vonmistont said:
    This idea was already done by one mod (i forgot the name) but i think it's unplayable. Why would I train my companions to release them later? I want to have them on my side so I can use their party skills.

If you wanted to use them for skill mules you could always keep some of them in your party. I am not suggesting that you be forced to make the companions into Lords...but that the player will simply have the OPTION to do so.

Besides V5 will add storyline. During it's course player will befriend completly new NPCs and old ones will be removed probably.

I don't see how this makes my suggestion less-doable just because we're adding a storyline and changing some names around.
  12. Sir Garon

I'm not reading the entire 15 pages so if this suggestion has been mentioned...sue me.  :mrgreen:

I don't know if this stuff is even possible...but if you really want this mod to be the best...I think this suggestion should be taken seriously.

1. Instead of having the 20 generic Lords you can recruit...make it possible to make the 16 companions in the game into Lords when they reach a certain level of experience. Level 20...25...30...whatever. That to me would be sooo much more interesting than what we have now in that department.

2. Have their Leadership and Training skills determine the amount of troops they can have...and the rate of advancement of their troops...and advancement levels of their troops.

I don't know?...maybe I'm crazy?...but that to me would be the ****!
  13. Sir Garon

[V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

It should AUTOMATICALLY turn a top tier noble into a faith troop and just tell you that one of your troops is ready to become a faith troop in the bottom right corner.

I would rather have the option to upgrade or keep them as a knight. Just without the interruption during game-play. They are expensive...and you may not have the money at the time.
  14. Sir Garon

[V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

jasonxfri13th said:
    THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
    There should be a limit on faith troops and nobles. Either for faith troops have it limited by faith OR by the number of temples or the number of temples and monestaries and shrines. And for nobles it should be limited by the number knight chapters. OR you could have everything limited by the number of castles, villages, and towns your empire has.

Being able to have unlimited Faith troops and nobles makes the game a lot easier.

As long as I can produce a couple hundred of each I wouldn't mind your suggestion. I don't normally like limitations like that being implemented...but a system like that could make things more interesting.

I wouldn't mind seeing the faith troops upgrade just like other troops do...that notification deal can get old when you have a lot going on already.

15. Sir Garon

mod won't install

I think all you have to do is drop the SOD folder into your MountandBlade/Modules folder.
Back
Top Bottom