Recent content by SilverFaith

1. SilverFaith

Bannerlord was a grift

you do know the game is not really out right ? its still in early access / beta stage and they are still working on it...
    i don't know how old you are but it was the same with M&B , and that game is awesome
  2. SilverFaith

Editing weapons damage.

I took a look at the xmls and it's pretty easy
    I'll use an example because it's easier to understand
    Lets take this weapon

<CraftedItem id="sturgia_sword_4_t4" name="A Long Warsword" crafting_template="OneHandedSword" culture="Culture.sturgia">
    <Pieces>
    <Piece id="sturgian_blade_2" Type="Blade" scale_factor="110" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_guard_2" Type="Guard" scale_factor="100" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_grip_7" Type="Handle" scale_factor="100" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_pommel_8" Type="Pommel" scale_factor="100" />
    </Pieces>
    </CraftedItem>

If you want to change the amount of damage , swing or stab speed all you have to do is add to the crafted item (not the pieces although that's also a valid way) the values you want

<CraftedItem id="sturgia_sword_4_t4" name="A Long Warsword" crafting_template="OneHandedSword" culture="Culture.sturgia" swing_speed="80" thrust_speed="80" swing_damage="100" thrust_damage="100">
    <Pieces>
    <Piece id="sturgian_blade_2" Type="Blade" scale_factor="110" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_guard_2" Type="Guard" scale_factor="100" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_grip_7" Type="Handle" scale_factor="100" />
    <Piece id="sturgian_pommel_8" Type="Pommel" scale_factor="100" />
    </Pieces>
    </CraftedItem>

That's basically it
  3. SilverFaith

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops A new concept about the look and equipment of armies recruited from conquered settlements

I get what you are saying but they are at that stage where they are still adding Armor and equipment every now and then , so its still a possibility , getting them to add content once the game is released , thats the real problem
    as a modder myself i get that we can probably eventually make it ourselves but in my opinion this is something tale worlds should really consider as it is a mechanic that was not available in M&B and M&B Warband and it makes the game much more interesting

As for the mod , the idea is nice but its not really what i suggest , we had similar mods in warband ( i even made some changes similar to this for my brother and me) and it was ok but there is something strange about taking over a settlement and all of a sudden its your culture ,the game mechanic i am proposing is more interesting ,adds diversity and does not really require a lot of new equipment , an assortment of the old equipment over the current design of tier 1-3 troops will do (obviously as separate troops you can't upgrade beyond tier 3 with)
    and i can see you agree with me , the question is , how do we get the DEVs to at least examine the idea

P.s i was not familiar with that thread from redit but it goes to show you that others in the community want something like this as well
    And yes the way the imperial legionary appears in the pictures above is similar to my idea in terms of the variants you get when you recruit from conquered villages (only my idea does not include a legionary :smile: )
    The more i think about it the more feasible it seems to me , its not that much of an investment to make it work in my opinion
  4. SilverFaith

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops A new concept about the look and equipment of armies recruited from conquered settlements

hi everyone , i know a lot of people dislike the fact that when we recruit from a conquered village or town we recruit troops that look and use the equipment of the enemy I have a concept that might change that behavior and still give you some diversity while maintaining the unified look and...
  5. SilverFaith

1.3.0 broke my "mod" which is a simple test i did with spitems adding a couple of items

To bug find at that depth you need to use something like dnspy and look at the official ddl file. I thinks its deserialise is were they load the xml files and parse the data into the game objects
    thanks , i'll take a look
  6. SilverFaith

1.3.0 broke my "mod" which is a simple test i did with spitems adding a couple of items

I had issues if I used the name spitems xml in the submod I had to change the file name to something else
    This was not the problem (though thanks for the advice)
    Seems like every weapon / Object i have that has the thrust_speed rating crashes the game (i put a lot of effort in understanding what crashes the game and what does not)
    Some items load without issues but the ones containing that variable crash
    The thing is , i checked the original spitems and they still have that value in it , maybe i am missing something
    Perhaps there is a max value ?
    How can i check without a lot of trial and error ( i am a parent and i work too so doing this is not very easy)

The thing is , that without Thrust damage , a bow will not fire

I think i found the problem - there seems to be a max value for thrust_speed
    When i put it at 99 the game crashes
    When i put it at 89 it works fine
  7. SilverFaith

noticed that when i try to add a new bow (something that worked in 1.2.1) in 1.3.1 the game crashes

Trying to add a "new" bow by even copying an existing bow , changing its ID and text and changing the values a bit just for testing , crashes the game Doing the same with a 2H axe a horse some other items does not seem to cause the crash any ideas ?
  8. SilverFaith

ohh interesting. ill try. i thought i *had* to call it by the same name. good to know.
  9. SilverFaith

it worked without any issues right up to the 1.3.0 updated I checked the files and i do not see any difference between the format of the items i made and the ones in game just in case it wasn't clear its just a module with the spitems xml with two new items Does anyone have any idea whats...
  10. SilverFaith

TaleWorlds Modding Q&A

hey all , i had a mod that simply contained an edited spitems file for testing
    That mod stopped working when i updated to 1.3.0 ( it worked up to 1.2.1...)
    does anyone know what changed ?
    i don't see any different in the format of the file
  11. SilverFaith

Is there a step by step modding tutorial i missed somewhere ?

I am looking for the basic behavior of the module system Do i need to overwrite XMLs completely or does the game merge similar XMLs How to get access to the game code / SDK etc
  12. SilverFaith

Overriding Native XML files using Submodules

im still confused here
    Tried adding a mod to add crafting pieces
    If i add the crafting pieces to the Native module they work
    When i add a file called crafting_pieces to my mode and add my own pieces there , they don't work (the game loads normally)
    I added the XMLs to submodule
    Like this :

<XmlNode>
    <XmlName id="CraftingPieces" path="crafting_pieces"/>
    <IncludedGameTypes>
    <GameType value = "Campaign"/>
    <GameType value = "CampaignStoryMode"/>
    <GameType value = "CustomGame"/>
    </IncludedGameTypes>
    </XmlNode>

and i added the method called in xml_attributes_to_be_identified.txt like this : Testing/ModuleData/crafting_pieces.xml: CraftingPieces.CraftingPiece.name

But the pieces do not appear in game

Any idea whats going on ?
    Also , if i have the same file name (crafting_pieces.xml) in my mod , is it supposed to be merged with the orignal one from Native?
    Or are they only looking for anything under <CraftingPieces> in any XML ?
    Because it does not seem to overwrite the original so there is something more going on
  13. SilverFaith

Dev Blog 11/01/18

so wait - did i hear correctly ?
    Module system ?
    Will banner lord be AS MOD-ABLE as WARBAND ?
    Wow this game is a MUST have
    Warband was like buying 10 games in one
    You can play the base game or all the total conversion mods
    awesome
  14. SilverFaith

TaleWorlds will now be self publishing all current M&B games and Bannerlord!

I think it has something to do with the gamespy servers going offline forever
    if it does , I seriously don't think they are going to fix it

otherwise ... I don't know , check your router ports or try making your PC a DMZ (all ports open - beware of maleware and viruses though)
  15. SilverFaith

Anyone know how to make ACOK crash less?

Stravask said:
    It seems the mod doesn't dump any unused information or something, as the process seems to just accumulate usage until the whole thing goes kablooey.

Anyone got any programs or tweaks they've found that'll hopefully make the game run slightly longer?

you need a 64 bit system and over 6GB, without it
    you will crash all the time

other then that I don't know , are you using battle sizer ? you could try dropping the amount of soldiers per battle
Back
Top Bottom