Recent content by SilentK

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Rpground said:
    vercingetorixx said:
    by the way is there any reason on the planet that there are 1000 man enemy spawns in hideout missions now, happens in gekokujo mod too.  so pointless i dont even do any of the missions for those anymore.

It scales off your level. Thats why its like that,and since most enemies can actually hurt you at all levels of the game...yeah.

Try playing with polished landscapes which adds hundreds of trees, basically you're blind, and if its night time, good luck finding your enemy, even if you use minimap, you'll probably notice a wep cutting your face, and thats it.

Oh and gotta love the singalian leaders, random headshots trough the darkest woods and the most clustered forest ever. :grin:
  2. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Bloodbane said:
    Ansen killing a deserter in snow storm (photoshoppitied)

ansenkills1.jpg

Also, thank you, SilentK for the advice :smile:

No problem, enjoy it.

Im now literally pushing the limits of my pc and skyrim to see just how much it can handle and what i can buy to make it better, oh boy the graphics in that are so awesome....

Kinnda makes me feel sad for that guy doing the "Little Girl" campaign, although he seems to enjoy it.... somehow....
  3. Any ideas for a new start?

Ansiktslos said:
    Don't be afraid of Pixels, they are our friends.
    Have you ever played Pong where all the awesome graphic performance was aquired by few pixels? Played old Tetris - not the fancy Nintendo clone, but the original version with TEXT graphics? Remember Asteroids, Elite, Prince of Persia?

With some experience with old games you will become immune to terrible graphic performance.
    Besides, here's one of my favourite games, check out the groundbreaking visuals:
    hb3EPTb.png

Dear mother of pixels and may it have mercy on your eyes,
  4. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Most likely dropped on clustered units which the game automatically tries to find a spot to land you/unit, anything will go, so that combined with a fall, might happen
  5. Any ideas for a new start?

At first I thought it was the pictures, but then I realized ...

How on earth can you bare looking at literally, PIXELS, you can see individual pixels in there! Holy crap, you truly are Overly Man Gamer of the Year xD
  6. No free download? wtf

I think a proper way to ask this without the "wtf", would rather be "Why is the mod on a site that requires paid membership, isn't it for free?" (and even this one is insulting, compare this to yours).

In any case, nexus is the best hosting site for mods of almost any popular game out there, and you guessed it, ITS TOTALLY FREE!

Takes less than a min to register and gives you access to more than just PoP, best seconds of your life you'll ever spend.
  7. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Bloodbane said:
    I'm really sorry about asking so many technical questions in a screenshot thread (I'll post some pics when I get this figured out, swearsies)

So, after Pop 3.611, is Uhtred's Castle Pack and Historical Castles still compatible? (since polished landscapes isn't? Already started a savegame so don't want to risk it in case the modification is non-save-compatible :sad:)

Thanks. Good day to you all :smile:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=122423.0

do EVERYTHING it says (including editing the module.ini)

do EVERYTHING except the sceneobj folder and it will work, 100% sure.

Make sure when you edit the module.ini to always bring the search bar to the start of the file, so you dont get false negatives
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Bruxy said:
    SilentK said:
    For the TROOPS part, its 1 gem at a time, with any of them.

Well that's a massive embuggerance. I must have misread other posts on the subject :sad:

Unless they've changed something recently?

Always been like this, 1 gem per "handful" of troops, they are super strong so yea...

But until extremely late game where u can basically farm enemy spawns, your stuff is better spend on getting better gear, knighthood orders and ruby weapons
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Bruxy said:
    Thanks kris and K; just one point though:

SilentK said:
    1 The merchant in laria is a thousand times better in terms of gear quality, and you only need 1 gem to open his shop, its a 1 time pay unlike the noldor troops which require 1 gem/ "lottery"

Yup, I get that but it wasn't the question I was asking. Solely for recruits (not items) - should the Elecrai recruit merchant require a gem at all? If so, does he require one per transaction (like Quigfen) or one to open the shop permanently?

Another question that just occurred to me: Does the order of troops in a town/castle garrison list count in the same way as a normal battle? Basically, should I have my best/most-desired troops at the top if I want them to appear first on the battlements?

I suspect someone's already requested a "move up/down" option for garrison management, much like I also suspect it's a native issue that a mod can't address.

I cant say for sure, I always open quigfens first before i get access to elacrai, but once i open his, i can open the shop in elacrai with no further cost, meaning that once you open one, you open both, but i'd still take my chances to open quig's first, just in case.

At least in my gameplay, the guy in elacrai asked for no gem at all, since i had opened with quig, but of course his gear is a ton worse.

For the TROOPS part, its 1 gem at a time, with any of them.

For the garrisson part, yes, i suspect it is like that, cant be 100% sure though, but I play at 400 setting so they all show up in the end.
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Bruxy said:
    I've tried to read all of this thread, but at 6000+ posts I won't apologise for missing something and potentially asking something that's already answered! Here are a few things I could do with info on:

1) The Noldor recruit merchant in Elecrai - I heard he was a better bet for recruits than Quigfen because the latter needs a Q gem for every look at the shop. My understanding was that the Elecrai merchant didn't need a Q gem at all, but I'm being asked for one (though strangely not from the weapon merchant). Is this normal? If I hand him one Qualis to view recruits will that store always be open?
    2) I've recently been granted the Marshallship from my king and lead some fairly successful campaigns. We win more territory than we lose, despite very few lords bothering to respond to the call to arms. Regardless, my controversy still shoots up. When the first campaign finished every lord refused my "advance standings in the realm" approaches because of it and on the second I'm being told I won't be supported for fief claims - even from lords with 70+ relations. I don't raid villages or do anything obviously "dishonourable", so does controversy just go up regardless as soon as you're a marshall?
    3) Can I use the "take a walk and view your troops" option from the camp menu to set up pre-defined formations that automatically come into effect when I start a battle? It would be nice to have my troops adopt some basic defensive stance rather than mill around at the start of every fight, particularly when I run into auto-charging, cavalry-heavy forces. If not, is it worth putting forward in the suggestions thread? I suspect something like that is hardcoded and not something the mod could deal with. On that subject, can someone give me the basics of formation control? I can't download the manual from work and haven't seen anything in here that breaks it down for noobs.
    4) Reloading on siege defence - I read that you can return to spawn to refill arrows. I assumed that you walked to the chest and got your slots filled (as the actress said to the bishop, fnar fnar) but it merely opens the inventory. Do I need to keep spare arrows in my inventory to swap out mid-fight?

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll think of more!

1 The merchant in laria is a thousand times better in terms of gear quality, and you only need 1 gem to open his shop, its a 1 time pay unlike the noldor troops which require 1 gem/ "lottery"

2 Controversy rises from ANY bad thing that happens to the realm, villages raided, ANY lord losing, no matter how stupid he was, and i think that caravans/villagers getting attacked also have an influence, basically its virtually impossible to keep 0 controversy as marshall.

3 I doubt, I hoped for it, but every battle is a different scene, so, afaik, walk to view soldiers only shows them being pretty and all :grin:

4 Again, I also hoped to get new arrows, but instead you simply get access to inventory, so you should stock a few arrows in your inventory once you know there will be heavy siege battles ahead in your campaign.
  11. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Its polished landscapes, make sure you DONT TOUCH the sceneobj folder though, it screws up castles (makes them lower, INTO the ground).

Just replace the rest.

I warn you though, from resource PoV, its consumes a lot, and from practical PoV, you will curse yourself for bringing cavalry in laria or any heavy forest landscapes.

ALL your horses will be stopped by trees every few steps, you included. It adds a much more challenging perspective to it.
  12. XBows vs Bows for the AI (CKO theory crafting)

Default Username said:
    Silvermists and Ebony Gauntlets, separately. You're facts are spot on though, which is why I use both archers and crossbowmen. I also classify them into different groups in a field battle, so that once the archers run out of missiles, they act as a second line of defense after the infantry to defend the crossbowmen who are probably still firing away at the enemies.

However, if I'm fighting the Ravenstern, I usually throw more Huscarls into the mix and send them up the wall right away, basically because their infantry aren't very impressive.

On a wall, even the lowest will be comparable to knighthood order troops, simply due to the fact that the guy on the wall gets hit from different angles and as soon as 1 goes down on the wall, 10 more are pushing to close the gap.
  13. Dread Legion Launches Attack!?

Gigmaster said:
    Apparently. I like it; it helps deal with a major problem you get early mid-game, where every corner you turn, there's some giant 800-man world-killing monster party chewing on the country-side. Not to mention scattering on occasion an otherwise competent siege party like nine-pins. Plus, opportunities to join the besieged, save the day, and pick up a free qualis gem if you're lucky (if it's an unique spawn.)

One interesting thing of note: I've never seen what happens if the random army spawn wins the siege. Do you get a new kingdom?

He just said in his first post, they get reduced to 0 or some random number of troops, I know for sure they can be reduced to 0, since I saw this happen to rane, but i was only lvl 10+, it was pretty early on, nothing i could do.

They just leave with the rest of their crew, I know they once sacked poinsbruck 2 times in a row, like less than 1 day apart.
  14. POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

Sefarison said:
    So... there's a pop_train steward in the script.. anyone know how to decrease the time needed to train?

That script is probably the Option to train your steward (you know, the 18 hours and 2.7k to train him), good luck figuring which is the actual option(s) and most likely scriptS that are around the whole gear thing.
  15. [MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Taken in  "walk with ur soldiers" option.

The one turning the back to me suffered from "oopsie arrow in the back" while in battle.

My mighty Pendor berserkers, although i'll have to rename them, works for now

My mighty steed, would be a glorious charge command... alas nothing but squirrels to kill

Just another angle of my Pendor Guardians and their lesses fellow with an upgrade in gear

gallery link: http://postimg.org/gallery/2d8jp2c6/

This campaign is more of a fun one than anything, just testing how my new units fit into the game, considering a few nerfs here and there, but its too early in the kingdom years, i still need a full pendor only army, to truly see how my units do and what i can cut, since they are a bit over the top in terms of gear.
Back
Top Bottom